• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Resort Hotel - La Mirage - IMPORTANT UPDATE. Please read if you've downloaded.

Started by callagrafx, April 06, 2010, 06:47:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

callagrafx

Dunno...  :D  I'll have a look but it was a complete mare to render the nightlights, so don't hold yer breath  :thumbsup:

Edit: I'm not convinced personally, but have a look:

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

Diggis

Hmmm, yeah, not sold either.  The other one wasn't bad, just subtle... Might be cos I'm used to Garish hotel owners.  Maybe you've found one that has some class?  :P The blue would be the best of the 3 shown.

Is this an existing hotel or is it in planning?  Odds on one of the 3 above is what they go with. 

joelyboy911

I'd like to start by saying that the whole thing is absolutely stunning to look at. The minute details make all the difference. I also find it interesting that you do this for a business (as you mentioned a client). The nightlighting is the most mind-blowing feature, and I think it goes to prove that a measure of a good BAT is often the night view, even though most people keep to day view most of the time.

I think the original lighting on 'La Mirage' looked best. The neon, in my opinion, doesn't suit the class that the rest of the hotel exudes.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

callagrafx

Quote from: joelyboy911 on April 13, 2010, 04:56:08 AM
I'd like to start by saying that the whole thing is absolutely stunning to look at. The minute details make all the difference. I also find it interesting that you do this for a business (as you mentioned a client).

I do a fair amount of 3D visualisations for work yes...especially architectural, industrial and product development.  Here are a couple of examples:

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

Andreas

I like it a lot! :) If you want to change the lit sign at the top, something more toned down would be better indeed, maybe like this:

Andreas

metasmurf

Stunning building indeed. I think the water texture in the front of the building is a little to bright, otherwise perfect.

cubby420

I'll say that the blue neon is the most appealing while maintaining the pseudo-garish look intended.

Your career looks very interesting and I would love to see more of your product development work, perhaps in an off-topic thread. Just an idea. I'm itching to see more of what you have worked on and learn which of your designs have made it to shelves and counters.

callagrafx

I've stuck with my original scheme...it's the most classy.

I've passed the model onto Barby who will take it and make it sit pretty...in the meantime I've made a matching swimming pool for it:

and then lit it  $%Grinno$%

cubby420

:o Whoa...that's gorgeous! Nightlighting especially is amazing. Your a master.

art128

Holy smokes, this swiming pool rocks ! Also as the Hotel ! I hope the clients were happy of your modeling !  &apls But I have no doubt in that !
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Jack_wilds

Love it... it has the look of those English seaside resort hotels during the art-deco/streamlined period of the 1910's and 20's... -not certain where as much as seeing 'em in Agatha Christie mysteries with H. Poirot and such period stories viewed vie PBS sans BBC-productions...

Is the 3-d vis business difficult to get into? what software do you use?

manchou

:o :o Wow ! It's great great  &apls &apls &apls very good work
My BATs or here but it is in french ;)

callagrafx

It's here.......>>> http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2399
Please note, only one version can be placed in a city, so you have to choose depending on the type of location.

Jack_wilds

...a wonderfully done project in many ways  &apls :thumbsup:

Thanks for sharing  ()stsfd()

Jack  8-)

cubby420

Absolutely gorgeous! Thank you for providing a non-palm version as well.

figui

are we supposed to delete one of the .SC4Lot files? ...or is just a choice to be made when plopping?

ps: great hotel  :thumbsup:

mauricio.
first forums inhabitant from Uruguay..   first forums citizen from Uruguay..  first forums councilman from Uruguay..   first forums mayor from Uruguay..  first forums governor from Uruguay..
...i'm still the only one from Uruguay!

________

callagrafx

Quote from: figui on June 07, 2010, 10:13:07 AM
are we supposed to delete one of the .SC4Lot files? ...or is just a choice to be made when plopping?

ps: great hotel  :thumbsup:

mauricio.

You will be offered both when the criteria is reached, but once you plop one, the other becomes unavailable.

callagrafx

IMPORTANT..

I forgot to list a dependency of the Resort hotels.  You will need the new prop pack from Mattb325 as well.      

http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2383

figui

Quote from: callagrafx on June 07, 2010, 01:34:06 PM
Quote from: figui(...)
You will be offered both when the criteria is reached, but once you plop one, the other becomes unavailable.

thanks!

mauricio.
first forums inhabitant from Uruguay..   first forums citizen from Uruguay..  first forums councilman from Uruguay..   first forums mayor from Uruguay..  first forums governor from Uruguay..
...i'm still the only one from Uruguay!

________