• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Microsoft Flight Simulator X

Started by Masochist, November 18, 2006, 10:03:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BourneID

no one has yet responded to questions about Vistas visuals that I have seen... but one issue is FSX's lack of dual CPU support. There are currently some lackluster work arounds... but nothing that says "WOW" yet...

as for the DirX effect on FSX....  though FSX was designed to run on Vista and DirX...  the delay of Vista from a summer2006 till now... left ACEs (the developers) having to remove fetures to allow it to be run with 9.0c  .... with the intention of an update being released when Vista does ship...  as of yet no word on the release of the patch... and weather other issues are going to be fixed as well.

ACEs has stated that FSX wont have true Dual CPU support because the development on the game started before they hit the market and with no way to gadge weather they would go mainstream... the core of the game wasnt able to be changed.... nor at this point is there any forseeable  way to change that....  but they state that the next release... ie FS11 will include this.. ??

as soon as I hear some more I will get it posted up...  Vista has only been out a week... so it is too early to tell....

Smile Y'all

Cali

my computer would cry in agonizing pain if i tried to play it.
"It's not a design flaw, It's my signature"

Giligone

Quote from: Cali on February 10, 2007, 08:50:26 PM
my computer would cry in agonizing pain if i tried to play it.

I tried and mine did.  :-[

Thornton

I just bought this game, It's great.I'm still running it on a single core at 2.0ghz and I can get It up to medium settings,but this game really puts my computer through it's paces. Otherwise this is a great game especially taking off from my hometown and just flying around my locale.

Cali

i plan on buying a new comp, maybe i'll pick up a copy of FSX just to see what it's like :)

BourneID

thought I would share some more images...

Smile Y'all

Yoman

That Mig-29 built by the people will blast your capitalist pieces of junk out of the sky Comrade!

BourneID

more pretty pictures... hopefully to distract  :)

Smile Y'all

Masochist

Man, is that not insane!?  Those images...that game looks so great!  Does it play well???
(Under Construction)

Cali

The scenery looks like FS2004, Are you running at full graphics? Beautiful pics by the way.

HabLeUrG

awesome!

I have that game too, but it takes too much space for my computer (15 gygabites) so I deleted it  :'(

BourneID

I think that just happens to be the sparseness of that particular area... I have autogen on highest complexity, and high detail.

you also have to remeber that I am running a singlecore... those images have the light bloom on (just wanted to see what it looked like..) and that is pretty taxing on my system... hopefully when the Dix10 patch comes out those details will improve...   though I will first have to get a Vista system...   for me though... Vista doesnt have anything I cant do as good or better on my XP pro... 

Smile Y'all

Cali

i agree BID, but like i said, very beautiful pics :thumbsup:

qwerty@simtrop

I play FSX on max settings with a computer that has only a single core cpu and a ATI 1600 gfx card ()stsfd()

Vario80

Great pics everyone, the graphics of the FSX look brilliant.  &apls
I'm still using the FS9.1 right now, mainly because my OS Windows 2000 doesn't support it.
Most sliders set to Maximum, it runs pretty well on my Athlon 3800 with a 256 MB Geforce 7600 GS.
I might post some pics of it in this thread too (don't want to start a completely new thread for that ;))
Avatar: Atlantic Hotel Sail City- The new landmark of Bremerhaven

l.h.

Great pics I've been a big fan of the series but now I just need my new hard drive before I can start playing the game again.

Masochist

Oooh, I just love bumping 8-month old threads...;).

But there's a legit reason:  I FINALLY got my hands on a copy of FSX Deluxe!  Been a long time coming...but to celebrate my new and better graphics card (NVidia 8600 GT, 512 MB), I went out and bought it.  Then I went and downloaded the 400 MB's worth of patches and service packs.  Typical Microsoft, eh %wrd?

But it's up and running!  And what's more, my new roommate just happens to be an Aces High II veteran flyer who owns a set of [Saitek X52 Joysticks].  Lucky me ;D!  I'm doing the missions right now, but I've already got a nice shot of a sailplane over Lake Tahoe that I'll post when my computer wants to cooperate (I'm not on it right now, obviously).

By the way...has anyone picked up the Expansion Pack to this game?  It's called "Acceleration," and I didn't even know it existed until I downloaded the Service packs for the game (hadn't even seen it on store shelves &mmm).  Is it worth the $30.00?
(Under Construction)

BourneID

depends on your flying taste...  you get a bunch of new missions and some new AC's including the f-18 and landable carriers.

I got it but then again I have money to burn... If you are cash strapped you can get some of that stuff w/ freeware downloads...

Smile Y'all

tooheys

Masochist, you never stop downloading if its a MS game  :D

I love FSX, I have done most of the missions, but I use it mainly with Cargo Pilot, just adds a little more interest.

As for the addon, its worth about AUD60 over here and our exchange rate is roughly 90c/$1.00. Go figure.

The expansion pack seems to deal mainly with high speed jets and redbull racing so I'm guessing you'll need a pretty good video card to keep up.
My PC can handle the slow movers, but anything else would see the system go down in flames  :D

Happy flying

Dave

Pat

Dave I would have never figured you for a dogfighter lol.... I want to get FSX myself but broke as a joke and Bourne your screens are just wonderful too look and very impressive at that..... So in other words please share more - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie