• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

iLives Reader 1.x Official support thread

Started by ilive, March 16, 2010, 08:37:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ilive

Quote from: RippleJet on March 29, 2010, 01:01:02 PM
I hope it doesn't look for any matching IID,
but only for those having either of the two Group ID's, which would appear in the game...

I fixed this bug for S3D and FSH and it will be available in the next release

Blue Lightning

I seem to have an issue, about 2/3 of the time when I save a file containing exemplars the exemplars get emptied of all properties. Anyone else get this?
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

k808j

I have run into an install problem that says application configuration is incorrect. Would it be possible to create a install program for 1.1 as was done for 093?

L i s t e n  T o  O u r  F a m o u s  T h e m e
http://www.supload.com/listen?s=PVfnXk">We Are Borg

ilive

@Blue Lightning : I'm unable to reproduce your problem. Do you have any hints to help to reproduce it ?
@k808j : do you have installed the vc 2008 SP1 redistribution package ? if yes, are you sure you have not downloaded the v1.0.1a version of the Reader (it is bugged as it is linked to a debug version of a dll)

JoeST

Quote from: null45 on March 28, 2010, 08:15:18 PM
Will you be releasing the source code?   
would be nice to hear your stance on this, ilive :)

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

ilive

Quote from: JoeST on April 08, 2010, 05:22:47 AM
would be nice to hear your stance on this, ilive :)

Joe

I will upload the source code of the next release on sourceforge  ;)

k808j

I've followed the links on the top of your thread for the downloads.

L i s t e n  T o  O u r  F a m o u s  T h e m e
http://www.supload.com/listen?s=PVfnXk">We Are Borg

Girafe

Thanks for developping this fabulous tool which is reader  :thumbsup:

Sorry for this maybe riddiculous question, I am not expert wich concerns reader : In french it's more simple for us

"Sur les anciennes versions du reader les propriétés avaient un nom et donc étaient simple à comprendre mais maintenant je n'ai plus les noms avec la nouvelle version, y a t'il moyen de les récupérer, quelle manip dois-je faire ?)"

Thank you
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

ilive

Quote from: Girafe on April 08, 2010, 09:59:01 AM
Thanks for developping this fabulous tool which is reader  :thumbsup:

Sorry for this maybe riddiculous question, I am not expert wich concerns reader : In french it's more simple for us

"Sur les anciennes versions du reader les propriétés avaient un nom et donc étaient simple à comprendre mais maintenant je n'ai plus les noms avec la nouvelle version, y a t'il moyen de les récupérer, quelle manip dois-je faire ?)"

Thank you

Les noms des propriétés proviennent du fichier properties.xml ou new_properties.xml (celui fourni avec le logiciel pimx) ou tropod_Properties.xml ou sc4exemplar.xml. Normalement le logiciel devrait charger au demarrage sc4exemplar.xml .
Le plus simple est d'aller dans le panneau d'option (cliquer sur le gros bouton en haut à gauche, puis sur le bouton options et choisir option) puis remplir la liste XML properties file en indiquant l'emplacement du fichier new_properties.xml. C'est le fichier le plus à jour je pense. une fois fait, il faut redemarrer le logiciel et ca devrait être bon. Je vais en profiter pour modifier le code et charger new_properties.xml par défaut s'il n'y a rien dans la liste XML properties file.
Voila, dis moi si ca résoud ton probleme ?

Girafe

At first thank you for you help, I am not so good with this kind of software so sorry for this.

Each time I open Ilive_reader I obtain this page, I put the path to new_properties (C:\Program Files\SC4PIM\new_properties.xml ) as you said but I have no result more each time I have to re put the path to this folder  &mmm
I put a picture, I am sure I have forgotten something  &Thk/(

Another question why I have this page each time I open reader ?

;)

Edit

Il faut décocher l'option auto fills et c'est bon

thanks a lot for you help  ;)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

ilive

The "no ini reader detected" message is a bug. When Reader is launched, it tests a key on registry but this is an old key no more used on this version (so if you haven't used a previous version (1.0), this message appears each time)

When the option dialog box opens, is the "xml properties file" filled or not ?
If not, do you have the right to write in registry ?
Could you check that the following key exists in registry :
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\iLive\Reader\Settings\PROPERTIES
the values should be "c:\program files\sc4pim\bla bla"

could you also open the "properties manager" (tab tools/Properties) ? do you have values in the list ?

fafalone

In the main entries box (where all the files in the opened file are shown), clicking the column headers doesn't sort them. Is it just me or does everyone have this issue?

ilive

Jonathan

Great another version :)
Btw the alpha threshold textbox you put in is always 0 even if you change it to something and save the S3D then become back it is still 0.

cogeo

Really a great one!!  :thumbsup:

Ehmm, would it be too much to ask for a... menu (or menu bar)? I think it's the only thing missing. Now that the application is MDI, a Window-> 1, 2, 3... command is quite needed.

Also when you first open a datfile the columns' width is set to some fixed value (or not set at all). And if you set them yourself the program won't remember them. It would be nice to set them to a width based on the items' length? (it's really easy, but I could help if you want). "Remembering" them wouldn't be needed then, I think.

Is there some document with the changed, fixed or added features?

Indisguise

ilive is back yea.  :thumbsup:   

lots of  Doozer hugs    ;D
Colossus X-rated

ilive

Quote from: Jonathan on April 28, 2010, 07:59:01 AM
Great another version :)
Btw the alpha threshold textbox you put in is always 0 even if you change it to something and save the S3D then become back it is still 0.

sorry
I did a mistake... it will be fixed in the next release (available around the next week).

@cogeo : there is a file named ilive_reader.txt in the package that contains what has been modified. I will take a look on column width.

SimFox

great to see you back in the community iLive!
I have a somewhat unrelated question, hope you don't mind. It is about DATCMD.I'm not too familiar with the way programs like this run . I know that they, as well as the "environment"- (DOS/Command Promt can't parse paths with empty spaces and those have to be enclosed in Quote Marks.  But when I do that - enclose both program location path as well as locations of source file (could get past this stage) in quotes program wouldn't accept any commands/parameters (like -src etc). I know it loads, or at least attempts to load source file. But after that nothing happens...
Could you shed little light on this matter. It is important in order to let people install 3ds Max in the default location in Program Files folder.
I actually have found a way around it by setting bat file and it's works, but am still curious of "proper" solution.

SeanSC4

Wow! I just noticed I have been using version 0.93 this whole time. I really like the improvements I've seen in the newest version.  &apls