• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Making Models for Transit Networks: Some General Specifications

Started by Tarkus, February 22, 2008, 05:33:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Highrise99

I have a question:
How do you customly transit-enable these models once you're done and incorparate them in game?
Thank you!

And by the way great HEMIS!

mtg

You'll have to path them in the reader, there's an instruction a view pages ago

citybuilderx

Wow mtg great progress!
But I know its going to get dirty when you get HEMIS over EMIS over RHW, etc etc.

Good luck! ;D

EDIT: Is it draggable? And another long term idea: HEMIS over MIS FLEXFLY A over ?
Aim for the stars and you might make the moon,
aim for the moon and you might not get there.

Hutts

Now just 45m RHEMIS (Really High Elevated MIS-or something) and we're on our way to stack interchanges :)

a diag 45m over diag 30m single tile puzzle piece (would go in the median of a (E)RHW-4S) [A]
diag 45m over ERHW-4 puzzle piecce [B/]
diag 30m over ERHW-4 puzzle piece [C]
diag 45m over RHW-4 puzzle piece [D]
diag 30m over RHW-4 puzzle piece [E]
45m to 15(0)m coversion(s) ramp(s) depending where the initial ramp started (0m/15m). [F]

should give the start to a basic 4 level stack interchange.  The ramps would have to be further away from the + intersection than in the picture (Wouldn't look that pretty but it would function). May have to read this thread about 10 more times and get to work :)
Visit my sites
Snowmobile Michigan

Blue Lightning

Actually, there's no need to go over 30m. We have 0m, 7.5m, 15m, 22.5m, and 30m networks planned. A full 4 way stack would only need 3 of those 4 heights.
I've actually done a fair bit of writing/drawing up layouts that are extensible, mostly draggable, and modular.

EDIT: FLEXFly will be extended to cover other heights as well, including other heights crossing other heights.
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

jdenm8

Nice to hear we'll be able to cross ground FLEXfly with 7.5m FLEXfly with the existing 15m FLEX fly and ARGH!!! *head hurts*
That's gotta be a bugger to make and I'm excited to hear it will happen so we can make these extravagant intersections in SC4.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

citybuilderx

5 different heights! Wow, I hope we don't run out of TGI's. ;)

I feel sorry for whoever makes HEMIS over MEMIS over EMIS FLEXFLY over SEMIS over RHW10. :D
--Nick
Aim for the stars and you might make the moon,
aim for the moon and you might not get there.

mtg

Highrise99

mtg

I'm following this tutorial by swamper 77 on creating T21's but at this step when I press search the list remains empty ???

Quote- Locate the network lot that you wish to edit. This is easily done by loading the SimCity_1.dat file from the section labeled "SimCity DAT" in the left pane and opening the Exemplar Analyzer (magnifying glass with "EX" on it). Under "Filter", have only "21 Network Lots" selected. Close the Filter Dialog Window and click "Search". After a brief moment, you should have a list of items.

what am I doing wrong here??

mtg

nevermind got it. The left space has to be checked all. 

mtg

Hmm the tutorials on T21s all describe how to put T21s on existing transitnetworks. since my 30m MIS network is all new. How to I put T21s on it, well under it to be exact. I found the kolom I want to put under my network in the RHW Props dat so I don't have to create it my self I think. 

mtg

after some thinking and reading tutorials I came up with this, it doesn't work yet but I don't know what I'm doing wrong??

mtg

:wings: wohooo
Imageshack won't work with me tonight, but the t21's do!!!