• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Official Single Track Rail (STR) Plugin Bug Thread

Started by dedgren, March 04, 2009, 01:20:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dedgren

Please report all bugs and other issues that you encounter with the STR Set 1 plugin here.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

dedgren

With the release on March 7, 2009, of Set 1 of the STR, this thread is now open.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

ebina

Pathing errors have been found in the Left Hand Version Plugin. Three of STRxDTR crossings were not correctly pathed as shown in a picture below. Paths on DTR part of them were not LHDfied.

Attached a patch file. Copy z_STRxDTR_LHDPaths_Fixed.dat to the same folder as RailwayAddonMod_STR_LEFT_HAND_VERSIONS_ONLY_Required_Additional_Plugin.dat.

Sorry for the inconvenience. And thanks to a person who reported the error.

Dino007

TIGR

Andreas

This looks like a stability issue, since I can create those crossings without any problems in some situations, but they break if I change something in the setup of the transit network.

Andreas

Jonathan

The SAM crossings were quite last minute, so they won't be 100% Stable, but you can choose not use them or just keep trying until they appear.
In the next version, we'll stabilize them and add more NAM Override Networks to the crossings (like GLR and RHW)

Jonathan

carkid1998

well this isn't exactly str... but my sr(standard rail) and viaducts seem to be missing paths!
Sendona... Coming soon!

Swamper77

If your cars drive on the left, you need to select the LeftHand Plugin when you install the NAM. Otherwise, you will be missing paths on rail-type networks.

-Swamper
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

CaptCity

Hi All...

Have been playing around with the STR and discovered this...

...on the S_curve.

When checking the pathing, our old friend, the extra path arrow is still there...

This came up in the 3RR thread a while back, and I wondering if I missed a fix or update.

-Charlie

Kitsune

The 8x8 wide radius STR curve does not show up in the Region Transit view.
~ NAM Team Member

dedgren

I'll have some time over the next couple of days to do some bug hunting- don't anyone think we've forgotten about you.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

tooheys

Guys, sorry if this is the wrong thread, but the readme for Beverly Station seems to point in this direction.

Have noticed the following issue with the station:

1. No problems when plopping the station.

2. But plop anything at  the right end of the station (this case a Maxis park) ..........

3......and then try to bulldoze the park or station, well the result is quite evident

I have used other lots besides the park and the result is always the same. Also, while not shown here,
should the road not extend across the front of the park, you will soon see the no road access zot
appear over the park.

Was wondering if anyone else had encountered the problem and whether there is a fix (or is it just me).

Appreciate any feedback.

Dave

Andreas

Yes, I can replicate the problem. I wondered why it does happen, though, as we modified the Occupant Size of the station model, so it can overhang the lot properly. So I did some investigation and found out that the Occupant Size had been reset, maybe due to a last-minute modification in the Lot Editor. Sorry for the oversight, I'll upload a corrected version to the LEX in a minute. :) You should be able to get rid of the "immortal" lot by surrounding it with the same lot on all four sides and bulldozing them together, though.

EDIT: I've updated the installer.
Andreas

Pat

Andreas thank you for your hard work and also updating the installer!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

tooheys

nerdly_dood

I've got a couple problems with STR crossing elevated RHW-4 and MIS:

My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

Tarkus

nerdly, that's simply because STR Underpasses haven't been added in yet for the Elevated RHW networks.  That will be fixed in a future release, though.

-Alex

santexas

Having difficulty with Threestooges STR rail bridges.

I have the STR Addon, the latest NAM, the latest NAM Essentials.  I have installed the three STR bridges by Threestooges and I have run the update Additional Bridge Controller in the NAM Essentials after installing the STR bridges. All the STR puzzles pieces are working just fine. However, when I try to drag an STR across water (river, etc.), I only get the dual track bridges to choose from (including Threestooges Howe truss bridge dual track version).  Am I doing something wrong? Is there another step that needs to be done to get the STR bridges?  Any help would be appreciated. 

Linda

threestooges

Linda,

I'm not sure what would cause the bridges not to show up, it should just be a matter of dragging a bridge of any sort then selecting the STR bridge of your choice. The bridges should appear at the bottom of the bridge selection menu, near the dual track Howe Truss. Though I don't think it would be the problem, make sure the STR bridges are in the Additional Bridges folder that was installed with your copy of the NAM and perhaps re-install the bridges. I'm not aware of any minimum span length requirement, so I don't think that would be it. If you could post a screenshot of the area when you are trying to lay a bridge (with the menu in the shot) it might help in diagnosing this problem. I will look see what might be causing this in the morning.
-Matt (threestooges)

santexas

Hello Matt,

The bridges should appear at the bottom of the bridge selection menu, near the dual track Howe Truss.

I checked the bridge selection menu. When I try to drag a new STR rail bridge, these are the choices that I get: Top row: Level rail; Under Truss; Small rail arch; Cantilevered truss - Bottom row: Overdeck truss; Rural rail bridge; Modern rail bridge; and Metal pylon bridge.  I do have all three of your bridges installed in the Additional Bridges subdirectory of the NAM - Howe, Trestle, and Plate Girder.  None of these show in the bridge selection menu.  The files, as installed, are in alphabetical order by name - in the complete list of bridges in the Additional Bridge folder.

I have reinstalled the bridges; also, running the NAM Essentials to update the Additional Bridges controller.

Since I am a happy lurker, I have never uploaded any images to SC4D (no ImageShack or PhotoBucket account).  If you don't mine, I can send you an image (jpg) by PM.  I won't send any image(s) until you say it is OK.

Thank you for your reply and hoping to figure all this out,

Linda