• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Campatiable Farm Cap upper

Started by Kitsune, April 23, 2011, 03:00:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitsune

Guys & Gals... I'm in need of something campatiable that will give me a Farm Cap relief to infinity (well... a number that is really really high). I'm attempting to zone about 10 large city tiles (thats what.. 160 sq km?) of all agriculture... but after just 1 tile, I'm at 95%. And incase your wondering... I'm doing 50x50 tile farms. Really happy with the computer I have.
~ NAM Team Member

jmyers2043

The JMyers I-AG rules of thumb. . . 

Do not educate your Sims right away. There's plenty of time to revisit the cities after you get the farming areas done. You can always raise education at a later time which will bring R$$ and R$$$ to town for nice looking neighborhoods and businesses. You can connect city after city and keep going to infinity if you keep the Sims as dumb as dirt at the beginning.  My experience/largest rural region was a 6X6 grid of 36 large cities. 

I've seen I-AG demand drop negative in similar situations as you describe e.g. first city in a new region as a result of insufficient freight rail connections.

The Census Repository at the SC4D LEX has cap relief for agriculture. And I think that the SimGoober irrigation canals (revisited) have some cap relief as well. Although, you have to plop a lot of those canals to make any difference. You'll see demand rise using these two things.

I've also started a small 'throw away' city making it a very dirty industrial city with a lot of R$ Sims. Uneducated R$ Sims like to work in Agriculture, Dirty Industry, and low wealth commercial services. This can provide some balance for your other city just in case it is a rich education one. Remember that all demand is regional. Things done in one city affect others too. Actually, it really wasn't a throw away as I went back and re-did it once my region had some balance again.

Well, I don't know much about your region/city other than you're having agricultural problems. . . . Maybe one of the above ideas can get you going again.

BTW - CAM2 (beta rural version) lessens the affect that education has but you'll have to wait for that.

Good Luck

- Jim

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

Kitsune

nah its definitely cap related - I have pretty much done what you did - a small city of 9K sims and lots of dirty industry in the other end of the region. I know something is giving me a cap # of 97%... (its either the census thing or the cam industrial reward park).
~ NAM Team Member