• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Troublr installing BAT

Started by BatCat49, March 30, 2015, 09:39:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BatCat49

Hello,
I am having trouble getting the BAT to load.  It says that I do not have the SC4 Deluxe Edition installed.

I have it installed in: C:\Program Files (x86) Origin Games directory.

Maxis directory is C:\Program Files (x86).  The only thing installed there is SimCity 4Deluxe and it only contains SC4Launcher application.

I have gmax, LotEditor and SC4PIM installed.

Any help in getting me started would be appreciated.

SPES: = ASUS-G73JH Laptop: Intel I7, Q720, 1.60GHz, 64Bit OS, 6 GB Ram. (769GB free on C:)

vortext

The problem may be the different install folder, can you point the BAT towards the Origin directory?
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

BatCat49

I am not given the option to change the directory during the install. I also tried copping files from Origin directory to maxis directory.  No luck though.

vortext

Ah right, that's annoying. Have you also tried properly reinstalling the game from Origin into the Maxis directory? May yield different result than copy/paste.
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

BatCat49

I have uninstalled the game from Origin and I am in the process of re installing it,  Origin would not allow directory change to Maxis. I will need to get the Game and the EP1 update installed along with any other updates needed. I will then check back on this thread.....

BatCat49

I have re installed the game and EP1 and EP2,  Checked it and the game works as it did. I have tried to point to the game location in Origin from the Maxis directory with no success. The Bat installer still will not install stating SC4 is not installed.