• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM configuration software

Started by GoaSkin, November 02, 2008, 03:58:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoaSkin

Based on the code of SC4Config, I am currently developing a software to configure the NAM. It's goal is to replace the plugin files that are used to configure the NAM by choosing one in each directly, to emulate LOTs that may conflict with NAM exemplars and to make custom tunnel entrances availlable. Most SC4Config settings are removed and the possibilities are nearly reduced to the settings of the NAM includes.

download SC4Config public BETA (RC1)

shanghai kid

Shanghai kid from Norway
"The lurking devil"
(Bam Bam Bigelow & Eddie Guerrero R.I.P).

GoaSkin

This may be the final GUI:

Now, the exemplar export has to be adjusted and the output plugins have to be tested well.

wouanagaine

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

papab2000

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Visit my mapping thread: linkie
Post pic's of your NHP Mapped Regions linkie

GoaSkin

@Wouanagaine: The language list has a problem displaying "français" (the ç). There is a codification error (shows two letters). Do you know how to fix this? Each line needs a different encoding (including japanese)

toxicpiano

I find that alcohol, taken in sufficient quantities, can bring about all the effects of drunkenness.

GoaSkin

Mac OS, Windows and all X11-based desktops.

JoeST

goaskin, this looks mighty interesting, is it going to be closed source?

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

wouanagaine

Quote from: GoaSkin on November 03, 2008, 03:06:29 PM
@Wouanagaine: The language list has a problem displaying "français" (the ç). There is a codification error (shows two letters). Do you know how to fix this? Each line needs a different encoding (including japanese)
Try to use the code page cp1140

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

GoaSkin

It must be open source because if the used framework (QT) requires that (or to buy a license). Anyhow, there is no reason why freeware sources should be closed.

JoeST

indeed
* JoeST will take a look when it is releaseth
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

GoaSkin

ArkenbergeJoe

it is still functional by the Update from the NAM ?
Can you choose between different textures (viaducte, euro-road-texture...)?

GoaSkin

You can choose bethween the viaducts yet but not choose Euro Textures.

GoaSkin

only for Mac users (actually)

PUBLIC BETA...

Download this preview if you want to search for bugs, to test and use a Mac.

http://www.yousendit.com/download/Y2orWUhpd0lPSHl4dnc9PQ

Please do not download if using Windows. A windows preview will follow soon.

If you are QT developer and have a static version of QT 4 (not 4.4!) for windows installed, please PM me!

toxicpiano

I'll take a look :)

How do you work now, do you use bootcamp then? Or do you have a seperate Windows PC?
I find that alcohol, taken in sufficient quantities, can bring about all the effects of drunkenness.

GoaSkin

I don't have any windows at the moment. That's the problem. Some one else must recompile the code for Windows. This public-BETA is Mac-Only.

nerdly_dood

Mac only, eh? Very unusual... This almost qualifies as "mental whiplash" but not quite - most every SC4-related program out there is either Windows-only or it works on either one...  That's too bad you can't get the code for a Windows beta... I'd like to try it.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

GoaSkin

The code produces a Windows binary well (and Linux too). But to compile it in a virtual machine takes days. I have a PPC mac that only runs windows in virtual machines (as fast as on an early pentium). To compile it, first I have to build QT (around 200MB sourcecode) and then the program itself. I know some users who may build the source under Windows but they don't always have the time.

If you want to do it yourself
* install MINGW or MS visual studio
* download the QT source version 4.3.5 at www.trolltech.com
* compile it with the options -static -release -fast
* compile the namconfig source

I will offer the sourcecode later.