• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

New Ramps for the Highways

Started by ArkenbergeJoe, October 24, 2008, 09:36:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArkenbergeJoe

Here is the Park and Ride for the diagonale and orthogonale Ground-Highway. (to Onewayroad)

Nexis4Jersey

Awesome, will it be available for download soon?

Jonathan

I think this one of the longest request pieces, from around 2005, I'm glad to finally see the orth version as well &apls &apls (Also I think Haljackey might be happy ;))

Jonathan

zakuten

Oh, wow. I will commence loving you forever once these are released.  ;D
Visit my MD Respublikii Anaksii , or the reboot CJ "Kara`i Shores" since the region wiped, at http://www.simtropolis.com/cityjournals/?p=toc&id=919 !
All comments are welcome! (Hopefully someday I can re-splice 'em together, but we'll see)

nerdly_dood

[caps]dude. these are awesome![/caps]

These will be SO USEFUL! All we need now is for mrtnrln to make a HRS texture for them (once they're released) and also a texture to match Thorvin's asphalt highway texture (so it will match the highways that Haljackey uses) unless of course these will use the same textures as the elevated highway version...

Can't wait for release! (in the next NAM i expect?)
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

MandelSoft

Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Haljackey

Quote from: Warrior on October 24, 2008, 10:57:12 AM
(Also I think Haljackey might be happy ;)

Of course I am! :D  Excellent work ArkenbergeJoe!  They look fantastic!   :thumbsup:
-Have you considered a version without a 1 tile gap between the highway and the OWR?  That's another item that has been heavily requested throughout the years.

Best,
-Haljackey

ArkenbergeJoe

At the moment, unfortunately I have no time to do so.
I also must build a complete new model

http://www.google.com.my/language_tools?hl=en

darraghf

wow that is a great idea. It would be great if you could upload it to the stex or lex

Darraghf on SC4D, Rainyday on ST, Darraghflah on Simpeg

wes.janson

Quote from: darraghf on October 29, 2008, 01:40:45 PM
wow that is a great idea. It would be great if you could upload it to the stex or lex

I am assuming it will be including in one of the future NAM releases as ArkenbergeJoe is a member of the NAM team.

We all know how they like to tease us and string us along before they surprise us out of the blue with said releases.

Patience is a virtue.

Henrik Sedin: 82gp 29g 83a 112p - 2009/2010 Art Ross/Hart Trophy winner!

nerdly_dood

Quote from: wes.janson on October 29, 2008, 06:53:52 PMWe all know how they like to tease us and string us along before they surprise us out of the blue with said releases.

Remind me, what is Tarkus' custom text thingy again? :D

A GHW straight ramp without the one-tile gap would be nice... However, even with the gap, the possibilities are greatly increased.

I have until now resisted using sunken highways because making ramps for them would require sing roads along the side, and i really don't want to use the current single-sided parallel ramps just for a diamond interchange with no side roads... This ramp being made now will be SO HELPFUL!

EDIT: Also this would help for collector/distributor highways using RHW... No more need for anything unrealistic! (But current capabilities allow for improvising that looks pretty decent)
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

wes.janson

Quote from: nerdly_dood on October 29, 2008, 07:08:53 PM
Remind me, what is Tarkus' custom text thingy again? :D

Alex.. tease us? Never in a million years!

Henrik Sedin: 82gp 29g 83a 112p - 2009/2010 Art Ross/Hart Trophy winner!

Pat

droooooooooooooooling that is alll i can doo

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie