• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Mind Scape

Started by rooker1, February 27, 2007, 07:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Travis

These industrial areas look fantastic! You put those mega-lots to good use. I'm off to
download a few of them right now.  ;D Keep up the good work!

EDIT   

:thumbsup: Welcome to page four!  :thumbsup:    

Heinz

i believe it's my first time around here and first thing that came to my mind after the first set of images was "I can't believe I've never been here before!" you have great stuff going for you there. some region shots or wide city views would be great. see you around, pal!

Nardo69

Hello my friend!

I just went through your MD here and you do definately have a hand for industrials - and for making night pics of them!

Keep it coming

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

Badsim

Hi rooker

Excellent (as usual now ::) ) work with these industrial megalots . :thumbsup:... hope to see them again in day time .  ;D
I enjoy your use of power lines even if there are not necessary . :thumbsup:

About the elevated avenues & road , we have some like these in my country ... I just wondered how to make them in game . this kind of network isn't my specialty ... ::)

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

sebes

Hi Robin,  great pictures. I always love the look of industrial areas in the dark... Thanks! It would be nice to see some daylight shots too, to see the details on these beautifull mega-lots!
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

rooker1

Good morning all,

My hard drive has crashed and I'm in the middle of getting it fix, so there may not be an update for a couple of days or so.

Anyways, replies..........

petercintn, really glad you had the chance to stop by, Thanks for the cnice comment.  And as you can see industrial stuff is my favourite as well as that junkyard.  The junkyard can be found here.  I hope you like it.

dedgren, I guess you could call it that..........glad you enjoyed looking at the pics.  You know, I don't use a graphics program to enhance my pictures.  They are straight from the game.  I'm not very good at computer use.  Although this year I plan to learn a graphics program such as Adobe photoshop.  Do you think this will be good to use to enhance SC4 pictures and make mosaics (which I also don't know how to make yet)  The other thing, is to learn to use LE.  I look at how well Badsim's stuff is turning out and get very jealous!! :o

Antoine, Hey how you doing?  Thanks for dropin in, see ya later.

emilin,  Thanks alot, I do try.  Those industrial lots are awesome, aren't they? :thumbsup:

JBSimio,  You know, I think most MDer's go for pretty, rich, skyscapers and not realistic.  There is industry no matter where you go in the world.  Obviously more in some cities than others.  In Toronto where I live, there is alot of industrial sectors.  So this is what I see every day and what I know.  Therefore my Md reflects this.  Also, after reading everything in Aleking's CJ/MD, I now hardly have any $$$ in my cities, residential nor commercial.  It helps alot with dilipitation, I don't have any ever any more! ()stsfd()

bat,  Thanks for the nice comments and stoppin by.

Darmok / John, How are you my good friend?  The night pictures was my idea of giving the industrial areas that dark feeling.  And I can't find the horse carriage you are talking about for the life of me........oh well, see you again soon. 

Kokopelli, Thank you very much for that nice comment.  I do have schools in my cities, mostly for realism, but I do keep them right on target or slightly under.  And I max the taxes on high tech, I hate those Maxis lots, way to blue for me.
Ah........Blade Runner, I think I'm going to watch that again this weekend, now that you mention it.  Best Scifi movie EVER made!!!!

pvarcoe,  Thanks for the comments.  I'm glad you like what you see.

kimcar, Please put your hat back on, that's not neccessary.LOL  But I am glad you really like the indusrial shots.

NikNik, Thanks, I promise to do some day shots next time.  It's just that I really like the night lighting on the buildings.  Those BATter's do a great job, you know. &apls

Cali, I think lots of parking is realistic. Thanks for the comment.

patfirefghtr,  Glad you like it.  And I agree with you about those lights in that one parking lot.  I have since changed them to something I think might be a little better. ()stsfd()

Travis, I'm glad I have convinced some people to DL those awesome lots.  Gald you like them too.  Thanks.

zniehadajet, It maybe your first time here, but hopefully it won't be your last.  Thanks for giving my MD a chance.  See you again soon, I hope. ;)

Nardo69, And hello to you.  Thanks for the nice comment.  I have seen alot of your stuff and you seem to have been around SC4 for a very long time, so I respect your opinion.  And by that I mean, sometimes I wander if people's comment are because they are being nice or honest.  I prefer honest, someone doesn't like something tell me.  That's the only way to improve.  You know what I mean?
Hopefully that wasn't too much info on your first visit to my MD.......... &mmm

Badsim, What do you mean as usual?  When I become a pro at LE, than you can say that.  Until than I can barely hold this  %confuso to your MD my friend.  But, thanks, I'm glad you like it.
As for the elevated avenue and roads, they are part of the NAM puzzle pieces.  I think I may change that area to a highway, I think it may look better.  What do you think? ()what()

sebes, Glad you like the industrial areas as well.  I have already promised some day shots ASAP.  I will try as soon as my computer is fixed.

Well that's it for now.  I'll be back as soon as I can with the next update.
Take care everyone. ;)

Robin :)

Call me Robin, please.

Badsim

I mean I like the way you use these Lots , your city planning .... "as usual" because update after update you're confirming my opinion .... ;D
About elevated avenues I think you should keep them because they're rarely seen ... may be , with them ,you should just avoid angles/curves. ::)

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

Darmok

Here it is, you can see it in pics 6.23 and 6.24....

Not the most romantic spot for a carriage ride ain't it?  ;)

But perhaps they needed a more "out of the way" place...  hum... hum...  ::)

See you!
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=112.last#last

If you have a closed mind, do the same with your mouth

rooker1

That's too funny John, I never even noticed that.   ::)
Call me Robin, please.

Rayden

I think the carriage driver was looking to the wrong direction (to the inlove couple) instead of the road and got lost, or maybe the driver fall asleep and the horse follow its own will and direction, or maybe there is a carrot deposit somewhere around and the horse followed the smell, just be imaginative John ;) :D

Nardo69

Quote from: rooker1 on March 22, 2007, 06:35:57 AM

Nardo69, And hello to you.  Thanks for the nice comment.  I have seen alot of your stuff and you seem to have been around SC4 for a very long time, so I respect your opinion.  And by that I mean, sometimes I wander if people's comment are because they are being nice or honest.  I prefer honest, someone doesn't like something tell me.  That's the only way to improve.  You know what I mean?
Hopefully that wasn't too much info on your first visit to my MD.......... &mmm

Don't worry about that, if I dont like something I usually post why I don't like and if possible how I think it could be made better ...

Just ask my friend John (Darmok)  ...  ;D

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

rooker1

Good morning all,

Rayden, that's pretty funny, seeing how I have no farming sectors in my region yet.  So that horse came form a long ways away.  But, why a horse carriage on that lot?  I'm going to have to take it off in LE, I guess.

Nardo69 or Bernhard if you don't mind.  Thanks, I really appreciate that.

Anyways, I have great news, sort of, my computer now has a new hard drive, a much larger one and everything now works fine.  But, there's always a "but", I'm not so smart when it comes to backups and stuff like that.  I need to reDL everything and start all over.  It shouldn't take too long to do so.  If you all can be patient, I should be able to post new updates (pictures) next weekend. 

Robin  ;D
Call me Robin, please.

pickled_pig

You might have convinced me just there that those megalots are worth downloading, despite all of those dependencies...

-aaron

Heinz

Quotezniehadajet, It maybe your first time here, but hopefully it won't be your last.  Thanks for giving my MD a chance.  See you again soon, I hope.

definitely not my last. love your work, pal. would love to see more.

Pat

:angrymore:  :'(

Man rooker lol that sucks but i guess if i have to wait i will wait - pat  ;D

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

rooker1

Hello all,

pickled_pig, Heinz and pat, thanks for stopping in. 

Just a little update with no pics.  My home computer is now working and I have been trying very hard over the last two weeks to download most of the stuff I use to have, but it is taking a lot longer than I thought.  I'm having a hard time finding dependencies, most of the links are now broken.

I wish there was a dependency master list with working links for the BSC stuff on the LEX or even here in the forums some where.  I know about Simgoober's list on the LEX but most of the links are broken.  I end up writing them down and than searching for them, very time consuming. 

Anyways, I think I need another week or so and I should be up and posting pictures again.

Robin   ;)
Call me Robin, please.

Heinz

good luck in tryng to find everything you used to have. keep your eyes open for new material. if you need any help, maybe the head honchos could help ease your journey. good luck rooker

rooker1

Hello everyone,

I'm kind of back.  You see I still don't have all my stuff redownloaded.  But I am almost there.  I had a log, everything written down, so I am crossing everthing off as I go and I'm almost done.  Just a few hundred more to go. Hehehe.

Anyways, I started to make a map.  These are a few pictures of my progress so far.  Everything is obviously done by hand.  I'm not going for a perfect map, but just the right shape.  I'll do final terraforming as I actually make the cities. 
There will be alot of ports, train stations and a few airports.  Mostly a dense city core on most of the smaller islands and slowly easing down as we get closer to mountains.  Lots of very grimmy cities and lots of industrial.  Just the way I like it.

Thanks for all your comment and to those that just visit.

Robin   :thumbsup:

Call me Robin, please.

emilin

I like that map a lot. The fact that it's hand drawn makes for a very personal look. Terraforming like that is HARD and you deserve credit for achiving results like that. Looking forward to seeing how it will develop.

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Heinz

looking better and better. nice touch, too. hope you get all the stuff you need soon. see you