• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Youcef's texturing ground

Started by Youcefk69, October 10, 2009, 04:37:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Youcefk69

Salut ! Je m'implique dans ce projet, en commençant par la texture des Champs Élysée. Ne sachant pas trop la texture du sol, j'ai utilisé un 6*1 pour les routes, je les mettrai donc en overlay !

Hi! I'm in this project, beginning with the texture of the Champs Élysée. I used a 6 * 1 for the road,will be overlay texture !

Route type 1 :

Route type 1 à 2 :

Route type 2 :

Route type 2 à 3 :

Route type 3 :

Alors ? Je suis ouvert à toutes sugestions
How do you find that ? I'm open for suggestions !

And sorry for my bad english.

vnaoned

Very good start,  &apls

I think I would texture a little more the asphalt ground. On the Champs Elysées you can stil see the pavement under asphalt if you see what I mean.

Using overlays is a good idea.

citymax

I'm agree with Vincent, the Champ Elysée texture are paved and Care with the lines  ;)

(example of pavement, but, you must add "goudron" textures)
:thumbsup:

Youcefk69

Youcefk69

Orange_o_

I am puzzled when the texture. If indeed a close view can allow us to see the pavement ... a distant view as sc4 shows a much smoother texture

If you keep the option of paving, it would make them smaller

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °  

Youcefk69

Badsim

Bonjour Youcef ,  :)

I've got only a few minutes to look at and reply to your post , it's a very busy weed-end for me ... Firstly , congratulations for having open your thread . Just looking at  the first post confirms me that it was a good idea to integrate you to that team . A team is an addition of complementary talents and , with no doubt , you're very talented for textures creation .   :thumbsup:

Quote from: Youcefk69 on October 10, 2009, 06:02:17 AM
Somethink like that ? :

That texture is , in my opinion , the good compromise between the real one and those of the game for roads and avenues , which will surround and sometimes  cross  the Champs Elysées (don't forget that detail for intersections ) . The original textures of the game are too black , giving a fresh and unused feeling , this has been debated many times and there's no need to open again that debat here ; we do have to compromise . From that , I agree with David , you just have to try that texture with smaller cobblestones . Even if we don't see them clearly anymore , I'm sure we'll feel their presence .

I'm impatient to see your progresses and I can feel it will be great for me to work with these textures .  ;D

Cédric .

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

Une_ame

The last pic is good. The integration of this avenue with the 3 places (Concorde, rond-point and the Etoile) is gonna be a interesting piece of work $%Grinno$%!
babuloziwad / adj Above perfection in SC4; Dude, this MOD is ~ !

Youcefk69

Badsim

Well , Youcef , due to my age , I have had to take my glasses to see the cobblestones ....  :D

What , in other terms , means that's absolutety perfect ! ! ! &apls

:thumbsup:

Cédric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

Youcefk69

So, I do the other textures like this one. What do you want ?

Sciurus

I love the latest texture Youcef. But we don't really see the white lines, it's damages &mmm

Guillaume
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

Badsim

Youcefk69

Euh, I have a problem. Textures are "remplaced" in the game, but not il the LE :

Andreas

Maybe you hit the max. number of items on a lot already (which is about 1200 or so for textures and props)? If you add more, the LE starts to delete the items that you placed first (the road textures on your lot, apparently). Another possibility: Some of your road textures have wealth-dependent IDs and don't show up in the game properly.
Andreas

Orange_o_

Youcef, I need you to send me the texture for the Place de la Concorde

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °  

Earth quake

Beautiful texture Youcef, I really like this. :thumbsup:

Orange_o_

Youcef, you can increase the contrast of 40, and decrease the brightness of 40 whith photoshop ?