• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BAT Showcase

Started by mattb325, February 01, 2007, 04:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

Matt awsome new avay for sure defintly... I really cant wait to see some of your projects come up and into devolpment stages...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

mattb325

Thankyou everyone - MG - the setback I've used is either 5 or 8m. There are general standards in place: 5m = medium wealth; 8m = high wealth. Although that said, I often get it wrong  ::)

Cammo - Civic, you say? I think this below is a lot more civic..

So very typical of the 60's suburban offices and/or the city of Canberra (for those of you unfortunate enough to have ever visited Australia's capital) $%Grinno$%

Zaphod

now that is a cool BAT!

if there ever was a architectural style completely missing from the game that would be it
War Kittens !?

cammo2003

Yup, definitely has the feel of council offices.

I like the way you've integrated the statue into the lot. BTW, the choice of textures and props on that lot is impeccable.

Pat

now talk about sterotypical government building lol... Looking good Matt

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Andreas

Oh, wow, this is excellent indeed. You could put this in any German city, and it won't look out of place (maybe the lot won't be so generous here). Great work!
Andreas

vester

Yes that reminds me of complex in Copenhagen. A little bigger, but looks a lot like that.
In the base there is  a shopping center and in the tower there is a hotel and residential.

EDGE4194

beautiful work matt  :thumbsup: my first thought was of a small college. very versatile civic building. again, very nice  &apls

jen_p

Quote from: mattb325 on August 04, 2007, 08:33:21 PM
(for those of you unfortunate enough to have ever visited Australia's capital)

Nothing to do but see memorials and visit the pub. The setting to the worst hangover I have ever had...

Great building though.
My MD: Jen's random cities...  ...Also, check out my creations on the LEX...

zero7

The new civic building is excellent.  Just the sort of architecture that accompanied the UK's 70s local government restructuring, when huge numbers of new government office buildings got built.  The lot is perfect for the buildings - very impressive.

Call me Richard

jacqulina

great news i cant wait to see progress :thumbsup:

Shadow Assassin

Quote from: jen_p on August 05, 2007, 07:04:08 AM
Nothing to do but see memorials and visit the pub. The setting to the worst hangover I have ever had...

Great building though.

psst... don't forget Canberra's also only one of two places you can get X-rated videos... :D

Anyways, that's a lovely model. It'll be good for a city university, too y'know. :P
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

cammo2003

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on August 05, 2007, 07:38:30 PM

Anyways, that's a lovely model. It'll be good for a city university, too y'know. :P

Yeah, looks like most of UNSW, actually...  :P

mattb325

Thanks for all the comments guys - I'm glad you like the civic offices. I approached that Bat quite differently from normal. It was something of an experiment - building the Bat 'backwards' around a texture, so to speak. Normally I build it from the ground up and then texture.

Anyways I am putting the finishing touches on it this weekend.

In the mean-while, Lansdowne Terrace is available for download here.

Happy Bath-style terrace building  ;)

zero7

I noticed that you've done a ploppable commercial version of this.  Is there any chance of doing the same with a diagonal render (or even just as a diagonal prop).
Call me Richard

Shadow Assassin

Is that van trying to steal the tree? ;D

Wonderful terraces, by the way.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Pat

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: &apls matt great job there

jacqulina

kimcar

&apls &apls Great add to the game . Many thanks to you :thumbsup:

mattb325

Quote from: mattb325 on August 04, 2007, 08:33:21 PM

Thanks for the kind words...

The civic offices are available for download. Get them here on the lex. It is stage 6 and works with or without CAM (it was modded using the pim-x)

Zero, I'll see what I can do re: diagonals for Lansdowne terrace model.

And, I usually have something to show at this point, but...not this week... $%Grinno$% I should have some project updates soon; I have many models half finished at the moment :P