• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BAT Showcase

Started by mattb325, February 01, 2007, 04:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyberius06

Oh, dear!  &apls &apls &apls
Huge thanks for that HSR Terminus... I can't belive this, you made it! :)

Thank you so much! :)  &apls &apls &apls

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

belfastsocrates

Absolutely superb work over the past few weeks. Great to see you so active again and churning out such quality and much needed content!
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

dyoungyn

Absolutely stunning for something that does not exist today &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls

manga rivotra

I think that I will have to create new cities to put all these jewels, maybe even see a new region.  ::)
Beautiful and extremely useful, as always, thank you for bringing so much to this game since all these years !  &apls &apls &apls

mattb325

Diagonal L1 anyone?

art128

Stunning! You're really going at it recently, it's impressive the amount of building you can come up with in such a short time... But don't overdo yourself, remember to take breaks. :) :D
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Tyberius06

Speechless... Amazing work over here, Matt! :)
I think these stations will define my general station usage in my cities. I'm actually planning my restarted cities counting with your latest station showcase. The multipurpose Ibis Station already has the spot! Obviosly, as I said the HSR terminus of yours will replace Tonkso's terminus, I'm already using you sunken station.
They are just so amazing!

Thank you very much!

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

Akallan

You never stop? You are crazy! All stations are great, and the idea of doing W2W is ingenious too, I can not wait to see more! :popcorn:
&apls &apls
My CJ :

My european road textures project : S N T - v.2.1

weixc812

Can't believe what you've done Matt  &apls
I feel the approach of a delicate station pack  :bnn:
Welcome to ALFERRID(UPDATE 5-District C)
And my other pics at SimCityChina:click here

Girafe

Nice addition to have this diagonal station  :thumbsup:
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Alan_Waters

Can you stop admiring? No!
This is amazing! I'm looking forward to! :popcorn:

mattb325

Thanks guys

Normally these bats don't take very long (in fact I'm almost embarrassed at how little time they take  :-[ ). Just as well, I guess, as I get bored/loose patience if I spend any more than about 1-2 hrs at a stretch...

Here's an ortho version, (a lot of the details were either lost, washed out, or overblown with the diagonal version). This now brings the number of stations in this pack to 12. Edit: it makes 13...I can't even count how many bats i've made  ::)

Jack_wilds

I like them all for various reasons...  :)
do plan on releasing these soonish or?
will be released as packs or one pack? ()what()

when this project is done;  ???
I have a request project to make of you...  :)

the entire pack offers variety choice of architecture, which is great   :thumbsup:

its all a solid well done...  :popcorn:

:satisfied:

reddonquixote

Love the diagonal.. what an amazing pack its going to be  &apls &apls
Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.

mattb325

Thanks  :thumbsup: :satisfied:. Nothing new to show, but I forgot to list that I have uploaded the Citylink station (the 1st of 13 stations) separately.

MGB204/RSC204 kindly fixed all of my modding and as this station is more ground rail/transit hub rather than elevated NAM networks/transit hub (also I don't want a pack of 13 items...call me superstitious) it made no sense in holding it back as part of the pack.

It is here:

https://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/32073-city-link-transport-hub/

Now I'm just making my way through the other 12 (each with approx 3-5 lot variants and 3-5 different uses) and doing the modding, which for me, is a slow process....blech %bur2$....so it will take a while!

Andreas

It always amazes me that people can produce such detailed BATs within (more or less) a few hours, but then again, your skills of using the proper tools and having a vast texture collection surely speeds up things considerably.

The modding work, however, definitely needs some patience and dedication, and it tends to get a bit boring and repetitive which such a large amount of lots alright, so I can feel your pain.

It might be easier to distribute the work over several small packs, though, since each model absolutely can stand for its own - or maybe do one "classic" and one "modern" pack or something, which surely helps to cut down the anticipation, and it'll keep you sane for the time being. ;)
Andreas

tigerbuilder

1-2 hours? Wow, that's incredible for the quality of your work. I use all your stuff...a giant thank you from me.

Cheers, Tiger

mattb325

Recent events have left me particularly disinclined to share anything further with the community, but given that the modding was already completed for the 30 stations, I've uploaded the multi-functional station dependency packs; to do otherwise would have cemented a complete waste of my time, so uploading the files is the lesser of two evils.

You will need to install either the Maxis Nite version http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3574 or the Dark Nite version http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3575.

Also the first 7.5m Viaduct Rail station has released.

Here:
http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3577

noahclem

That's incredible  &apls &apls &apls Think I like it even more than the last one. Another one of those niche-fillers that was pretty desperately needed (for me anyway  ;D ).  I'm extremely happy to hear back from you and hope you aren't dissuaded from the whole community by a few nasty people or disagreeable policies. Don't want to annoy by bringing that up but thought I would be doing a disservice to all involved by not saying something on behalf of all the people the treasure your work and respect you, even if we're not as loud, annoying, and attention-grabbing as the great douches of the community. But whole point is having fun and if that ruins it then nothing I could say trumps your point.

reddonquixote

Its lovely...

Tacking a modern glass structure onto a traditional/heritage building.. how very Melbourne  :D
Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.