• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BAT Showcase

Started by mattb325, February 01, 2007, 04:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack_wilds

Thank-you very much... a 5/5 well done  :thumbsup: neatly done, particularly like the spar distribution 'big lot'... now that you have made Spar distribution center, you will need to make a store or two to distribute product to...  :D  :)

Simcoug

Thanks for your recent uploads - the SPAR warehouse will be especially fun to play with.  Great work as always!

mattb325

Thankyou Jack and Simcoug.

Another small offering in the CS$$ 5 stage area:

Also from Wilshire Blvd, this one is a good example of old buildings that have been repurposed to attract higher paying tenants. The front has been modernised (I took a few liberties on this one) while the rear and sides remain the same.

It's available here:

http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/28505-5657-wilshire-blvd/

vester

Swordmaster

Couple of great buildings Matt. The united central bank has been praised for all the right reasons, very good.

Cheers
Willy

mattb325

Thanks Vester and Swordmaster, glad you like it  ;)

Another small offering before the weekend is through:

Modelled on the old Capitol Records processing plant which still stands in LA. This art deco warehouse today has been repurposed as an art gallery.

I have made it an IM $$ and is available for download here:

http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2944

Jack_wilds

Thank-you...  :)  it will be useful for rail warehouse service... 5/5 

mattb325

Thanks for the comment, Jack  :thumbsup:

The below apartments come from Europe, but are a fairly common style the world over. The curved balcony details are an unusual touch that was quite popular on boxy structures during the 1970s

Bayauxlaan Apartments are 7 stories high and have two penthouse flats.

Available here:
http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/28526-bayauxlaan-apartments/

RepublicMaster

Great BAT. I do like the balconies :D

rooker1

Those are really nice Matt. 
If you have a chance you should follow The NORO Cooperative, I have filled our plugins folder with the majority of your stuff. ;)

Robin :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Turjan

Hi Matt, I really like your plugins. I guess I use nearly all of them, and my cities are filled with your creations. They all seem to grow very nicely :).

Just one little thing. I'm not sure whether you are aware of it, but I have one prop hanging in the fence of your Newsome Mills:

It's in all instances of these lots (I think I saw a blue variant of those barrel stacks). Not a big thing, but noticeable. Just wanted to let you know.

vester

Quote from: Turjan on March 13, 2013, 11:55:09 PM
.. but I have one prop hanging in the fence of your Newsome Mills.

Nice parking ! .... around the lamppost. That truck driver do know some tricks.

Turjan

Quote from: vester on March 14, 2013, 01:55:04 AM
That's just his anti-theft protection device :D.

mattb325

Quote from: Turjan on March 14, 2013, 02:28:03 AM
Quote from: vester on March 14, 2013, 01:55:04 AM
That's just his anti-theft protection device :D.

Ouch  :P

Anyway, those diagonal palettes on the 4x4 lot are odd: for me, loading just the dependencies listed, I get four ortho palettes in family x51500000 (as per attached) - which don't poke through the fence. I also just re-downloaded the JES Vol01 pack again and cannot get any diagonal palettes. What version of JES mega props do have installed?
It should be 12,000kb and modified Jan 30 2006.

If that checks out, the other alternative is that there is something either over-riding in that prop family in your plugins which I don't have (or perhaps Jestar added more props into that family in a subsequent pack) ....

Jack_wilds

and then to add about the 'newsome bldg'... I like the model, the textures and lot BUT it appears under-scaled and somewhat squashed... as much as I like its character rarely use due to the apparent smallness of it...  &mmm

aside from that luv the apartment/condos last offered as they make  good addition in a few neighborhoods...

thoughts respectfully submitted for consideration  :)

mattb325

Underscaled? (!) ?
The first floor is 6m...(look at the top of the white metal and glass doors in comparison to the top of semi trailer) and each other floor is 5m....if anything, it is actually overscaled as I made it have very tall ceilings.

Turjan

Quote from: mattb325 on March 14, 2013, 11:45:15 AMAnyway, those diagonal palettes on the 4x4 lot are odd: for me, loading just the dependencies listed, I get four ortho palettes in family x51500000 (as per attached) - which don't poke through the fence. I also just re-downloaded the JES Vol01 pack again and cannot get any diagonal palettes. What version of JES mega props do have installed?

If that checks out, the other alternative is that there is something either over-riding in that prop family in your plugins which I don't have (or perhaps Jestar added more props into that family in a subsequent pack) ....
Thanks for looking at it. I will check things, although I probably won't have time before Friday night. I added quite a few industrials lately, and that required many more of Jestarr's prop packs. I'll also have to check whether I accidentally added a duplicating older pack. I'll give an update as soon as I know more.

Jack_wilds

I will play with it more, to see what seems to be 'off' if anything  %confuso... perhaps it is nothing   ;)...

vester

Quote from: Jack_wilds on March 14, 2013, 03:06:02 PM
...BUT it appears under-scaled and somewhat squashed... as much as I like its character rarely use due to the apparent smallness of it...  &mmm

I would give Matt right its not underscaled. Its the wide windows and tall windows that plays tricks on you. The window goes almost from top of one floor deck to the bottom of the next.

Turjan

Quote from: mattb325 on March 14, 2013, 11:45:15 AMI also just re-downloaded the JES Vol01 pack again and cannot get any diagonal palettes. What version of JES mega props do have installed?
Well, up to now, I haven't had much success, but maybe I use the wrong approach. The JES Vol01 pack I have is from Jan 29, but the same size, and it's the current download version available on the LEX. I replaced it with a newly downloaded version, no change. If I remove this prop pack, I get a flag, so I put it back. I removed all different prop packs I can think of, no change. Is there any better method to do this?

The props are called "jungle drums", if that helps. That's a name from BSC Mega Props Misc Vol 02, but removing that pack only removes the name "jungle drums", not the props.