• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Simmer's Lotting Lab.

Started by Simmer2, December 11, 2015, 07:24:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simmer2

Thanks AsimPika3172...

Some of you might remember this project that I started a couple of years ago. I decided to add a few pieces to it. A lot more needs to be done.

Simmer2
________________________________________________________________________________

dyoungyn

Great job.  I love medieval times with castles and such.  I amazes me that later on during the revolution times, how "man" has took the gaps of the castle walls and instead of Archer's firing arrows, they were replaced by cannons. 

Simmer2

Thanks dyoungyn

Revamped almost all textures, changed and fake-bump tricked the wall texture. Added several more detail (windows. doors, arch entrances etc)

Still more to do....stairs, connection bridges and a few more things.

Simmer2
________________________________________________________________________________

romualdillo

I've only showed up to say how much I admire you and your work. Your last models (and the rest of them) look fantastic.  &apls

I'd like to know if you're going to do a modular version of the walls. It would be fantastic having a modular set to complement the fortification.

Tyberius06

Hi!

This looks amazing!I love historycal buildings and castles, fortresses! Really nice unique project!
Thanks for making this!

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

fantozzi

Somewhere I read currently for only EUR 560.000 you can buy one of the castles that was used as a location for the TV series "Game of Thrones".

Thanks to Simmer 2 we won't need to spent our money for that. We can build our own!  &apls

Simmer2

Thank you romualdillo, Tibi and fantozzi I really appreciate the comments.

Is it ready? Maybe not yet...

Simmer2

PaPa-J

Lighten up, just enjoy life,
smile more, laugh more,
and don't get so worked up
about things.

Tyberius06

Hi!

Nice MMP work! Now it looks pretty awesome! Maybe additinal stables for horses? I don't know if we have models/props for that somewhere on the exchanges. But as a little garrison, it looks really nice.  &apls &apls &apls
Keep them coming :)  :popcorn:

- Tyberius

Edit: +1 for Simmer2, because with this latest BAT (a whole castle), he has proven again, that he is one of the most diversify custom content and BAT creator in this community. From steam punk to ancient ruins or castles, from railways to spaceships (you still own us with that awesome Rocket ;) :) ), little bits and huge lots...
Thank you for your hard work on these awesome gems!
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.

matias93

I'm pretty sure that Vortext has all the needed props for that.

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895

Simmer2

Thank guys! And thank you very much Tibi!

Well I went ahead and upped the ante a bit further. Added several more details and there is still room for more.
Can you spot the differences? (there are quite a few)

Simmer2

fantozzi

Question1: Is the grey ground part of the model? I'm asking because I think, regarding colors, the castle should stand out more from the ground.

Question2: on the very first picture you posted a piece form this wonderfull castle, can it be the tiling of the wall texture was less?

Tyberius06

Hehe!
You changed the towers and made a bridge between two of them. Really nice touch.

Fantozzi:
I know the answere to your first question: that's MMP. As I know this version of the model is sitting on a 1x1 overhanging lot, and the rest of the stuffs are MMPs.

- Tyberius

b22rian

Simmer,

this is really an extra ordinary Castle Bat by you...

You have taken your already amazing versatile modding skills to even new levels now  :thumbsup:

Andreas

I agree with fantozzi about the floor and castle wall textures, they look a bit uniform and repetitive. The modelling itself is really great, though, and all the details you keep adding are shaping up a wonderful castle alright. :)
Andreas

FrankU

The castle is great!
I won't interfere whith the discussion about textures: said enough by others. I have this remark about the cannons. I think there are way too many.
I am not completely certain, but in the end the cannon was the death of all castles. Once cannons had a certain quality every castle would just be destroyed. I think that castles did indeed contain some cannons, but I am quite certain not so many. But don't hesitate to keep to your own opinion, mine is just one!
Frank

fantozzi

Quote from: Andreas on November 30, 2018, 05:22:30 AM
I agree with fanzozzi about the floor and castle wall textures, they look a bit uniform and repetitive. The modelling itself is really great, though, and all the details you keep adding are shaping up a wonderful castle alright. :)

:o The meaning of "zozzi" in italian is a little bit ...hm... difficult?

Andreas

Heh, sorry about the typo, the T is just one key away from the Z on a German keyboard... :P
Andreas

noahclem

So great to see you pick up this project after sending me a couple exciting pics a good while back! Lots of awesome stuff, obviously! However, the cannons really don't fit with the most of rest. Once cannon technology came of age the high, vertical walls were very susceptible to cannon fire and round towers created spaces next to the walls where defenders' cannons couldn't hit. The bastion fort or "star fort" then developed relatively quickly and dominated fortification style for centuries. That style is certainly no "better" than medieval castles--if anything I would say the opposite--but it's beautiful in its way, has a significant influence on the layout of modern cities (Copenhagen's my favorite there), and is almost unexplored in the SC4 world: the base of the statue of liberty and prepo's Karelian castle, converted from medieval form, are the only examples I can think of. I can't wait to get my hands on the models you've been showing off here but I do hope you'll explore and develop gunpowder age fortifications while you're on the topic :)

Simmer2

Thanks for the praises and criticism. Just to make it clear, the base you see is MMP. There is no baked in base.

The castle will be released as is, if you don't like it, do not download it. Simple is it not?

This one I'm currently working on is for the Canadian crowd..eh?

Still lots of work to do. What you see here is from the back perspective..

Simmer2