• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Royal Gansbaai Kingdoms - The End; A New Revolution

Started by marsh, May 12, 2010, 04:19:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gilikov1994

very good job, it realy reminds me of some African architecture

- Giel :thumbsup:
Check out my LOT thread, and also the EBLTeam!

==> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=10509.msg318190#new <==

marsh

Quote from: RickD on May 26, 2010, 05:55:50 AM
Great updates, Marsh! Things get more and more interesting with all the new construction going on.

Thank you Rick  :)

Quote from: io_bg on May 29, 2010, 06:07:49 AM
Fantastic job on the last update! &apls The construction pics are really great! :thumbsup:

Thank You iobg. Im glad you like it.  :)

Quote from: Gilikov1994 on May 29, 2010, 12:12:32 PM
very good job, it realy reminds me of some African architecture

- Giel :thumbsup:

Im happy it does. (Thats the whole point, right?)  :D

Zukuraai is growing fast. The region is now begining to connect with the outside world better. Tourist atractions, ports, bridges, highways... Zukuraai is coming onto the world-scene. Already Zukuraai International Airport is under construction. Several Airlines already have offers in for flights to The Royal Gansbaai Kingdoms, and Gansbaai itself may start one up itself.

Plots of land are selling all up the Zukuraai coast, atracting developers and busnessmen for Hotels, Condos, and some other things. 

As part of a 2 recent offers by The Aleksanian Company Aerocommuter, (aleksfacco) looking to start a floatplane buisness, and also local Ben Warley, (kccl35), who was looking to expand his regional airline business/Tourist Atraction in Zukuraai, as part of their market. The CdS Island Air DHC-2 Beaver float/landplane is the plane used. It can be used on land or at sea, for farmers/suply planes, in rural desert areas.

"It was a little... not foggy... misty, this morning. Very limiting range of view. Hopfuly all the planes instruments hold up alright. Although we may not get many tourists here today..."

The planes use the water as thier runway. A large expanse, plenty of room for error, (allowing for in-expirenced pilots). Here the plane is slowly gaining speed along the calm Zukuraain Coast about to take off.

The structure built also serves as a tourist atraction. Since it's opening 3 days ago, the buisness has already racked up 20 grand from people wanting to se the beautiful Zukuraain landscape from above. The parking lots are almost always full, with peoplr waiting inside for a ride in the float plane. The planes sit in the water witing for the next load to come on.

During sunset, few people remain. All thats left is the cars of the last load of people waiting to return from the sunset flight.

At night, dead. No one around. Just a few lights on to scare away theifes. Although there are almost none. Zukuaraai is a very safe and trusting place.

The Al Brehji Qrasdi Bridge, spans the place known as Khatt Crossing, the two closest pieces of land surounding the Walvaiai Bay. The bridge was painted a deep Navy Blue, to symbolize the ocean.It is the only Northern-going highway out of Zukuraai, And travle's all the way to the largest city in the Gansbaai Kingdoms, Al Aaium. The shallow waters of Khatt Crossing let the thin layer of mud swaying around on the bay's floor, show through.

At night, the bridge is lit up a bright neon blue. The light can be seen all the way in Zukuraai, and is a sight to behold.

I hope you all enjoyed this update. I put alot of work into it.   :D

A BIG thanks to kccl35 for the Float Plane-Port Idea,
And also to CasperVG for lotting the Floatplanes!

joelyboy911

Very cool floating airport! Excellent work with the plop-flora as well, very nice Mangrove forests.

Well Done.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

Tomas Neto

Wow my friend, this update is amazing very much, very realistic!!!  &apls &apls

io_bg

Amazing work, marsh! I have only one reproof - in RL, the bridge would collapse because it's middle section has no support ;)
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

marsh

RickD

Very, very cool update! I might say, your best so far.  &apls It was certainly worth the hard work.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

sumwonyuno

That region view captured my attention, and those game views were amazing!  I especially like that bridge picture because of the vegetation!  It's not often I see overwhelming brown dirt in a mayor diary!

The City & County of Honolulu, a Mayor Diary based on Honolulu, Hawai'i.

mark's memory address - I've created a blog!

Nanami

marsh

Poaching... It has been a problem in Africa for decades, and the Gansbaai Kingdoms are not left out. Poaching has been a problem in Gansbaai, and this has caused parliment to take action. Many animals are killed each year as a result. Poaching is highly illegal, as wiht the mis-treatment of any other animal, and the killing of one leads to a sentance of 10-60 years in prison, depending on wether or not the animal is endangered.
The goverment has little knowledge on wether or not the people are poachers, because native's and rural tribse people are allowed to do this. Thier way of life is not to be infringed upon, so this causes much confusion.

(Poachers hunting)

One of the actions taken by parliment, was a large reserve for many animals near Zukuraai called the "Allepo Animal Reserve". This new reserve is closly monitered, as to not allow any "threatining" people in. Many others are soon to pop up in the Gansbaai Kingdoms.

The Gansbaai Kingdoms is home to many animals, from the exotic, to the common, to the crazy. All are found in the Allepo Reserve, which atracts many tourists there.

[size=150]Common Animals in The Gansbaai Kingdoms[/size]

African Lion

Very Rare in Gansbaai, but is found in some of the less arid areas near the coasts.

Bengal Tiger
Endangered
Found along the Jungles in the northern portion near the city of Al Aaium, and also on the Canary Islands.

Giraffe

Very Rare in Gansbaai, but is found in some of the less arid areas near the coasts.

Camel

Found in Arid areas of the country, mostly in the southern and eastern regions.

Hippo

Found along the Coasts, weather they be arid or Dry, and also along the many rivers.

African Elephant

Rare in Gansbaai, more common along the less arid coasts

Goat

Found in semi-arid areas of Gansbaai, mostly along the southern coasts.

Orange Flamingo
Criticaly Endangared

Found in rivervalleys and swamps. Mostly in Northern Gansbaai Kingdoms.

A very rare animal. Found only in North Western Africa and is near extinction.

Allatok Parrot

Found in the Canary Islands, the only location on earth where this species is found.

Satark

Found in the Canary Islands. Is very rare along the coasts of the mainland Gansbaai.

Replies

Quote from: joelyboy911 on May 30, 2010, 09:32:34 PM
Very cool floating airport! Excellent work with the plop-flora as well, very nice Mangrove forests.

Well Done.

Thank you very much.  :)

Quote from: strucka on May 30, 2010, 11:06:26 PM
Marsh, I applaud you. This is awesome! &apls

Thanks  :)

Quote from: Tomas Neto on May 31, 2010, 07:38:35 PM
Wow my friend, this update is amazing very much, very realistic!!!  &apls &apls

Thanx  :)

Quote from: io_bg on May 31, 2010, 10:35:07 PM
Amazing work, marsh! I have only one reproof - in RL, the bridge would collapse because it's middle section has no support ;)

Yea I tried alot to get it right. I even had to move those islands around a bit. (was originaly one island) I finaly got it decent.  ;D

Quote from: marsh on June 01, 2010, 12:41:36 AM
Uhh... Its magic... ... yea...

lol marsh, you always crack me up  :D......

Quote from: RickD on June 01, 2010, 03:05:23 AM
Very, very cool update! I might say, your best so far.  &apls It was certainly worth the hard work.

Thank You very much. I put alot of work into it :)

Quote from: sumwonyuno on June 02, 2010, 02:52:42 AM
That region view captured my attention, and those game views were amazing!  I especially like that bridge picture because of the vegetation!  It's not often I see overwhelming brown dirt in a mayor diary!

Thanks  :) Yes I like the desert landscape. You never have to worry about foresting the region.  :-[

Quote from: 976 on June 02, 2010, 10:36:34 PM
Amazing Coastal area! &apls

Thank you  :)

Tomas Neto

A very ecological update, my friend!! Very interesting these animals exotic, and I also liked the way as you made the lay out of the update!!  Very well done!!  :thumbsup:

nedalezz

You certainly have outdone even yourself with that region shot - truly mesmerizing!

canyonjumper

Great stuff marshy! That Satark thingy looks creepy... Thank god it's PS'ed...

-Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

marsh

Thank you all for commenting.   :)

*I forgot to make a Banner, so im usin my sig.  &mmm*

Alot of growth has spurted in Zukuraai. Skyscrapers, hotels, Condos... Its growing fast, and is actualy growing up, faster than it is growing out.

A city Hall was newly built. The old one is now the capitol building for the Zukuraai Kingdom.

Phase one of the SFR Condos have been recently completed. The 8 buildings house outsorced workers for Port Fushan, and many other atractions in Zukuraai. Phase two has started to the north of the originals, (right), And will house even more workers.

The Ahajk Beach is Zukuraai's first well maintained beach. Other beaches are used by private fishermens docks and trash dumps. This one is reserved for sunbathers and swimming.

The Pearl Hotel is a new luxury hotel which opened in Zukuraai. 2,000 rooms, and 20 presidential suits. The largest current hotel in the Gansbaai Kingdoms.

The Fushan Quss Oil Co. Headquarters building was recently finished. Along with it the central road through Zukuraai was linked, at the expense of a few buildings.

Al Adjidaai Strip is a massive new development in Zukuraai. Along it many skyscrapers are under construction.

Right before the Al Adjidaai Strip, the road splits and heads twords....

nbvc

Cidwm

I like the Al Adjidaai Strip development that is going up.

Nice update.  :thumbsup:

RickD

Cool new development. I love the Al Adjidaai Strip.  :)
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

io_bg

Great job on the last update, I really like the newly built residential towers and the beach! :thumbsup:
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

greckman

Another nice update mr marsh.  :thumbsup: I really like how the old and new are blending together at this stage in the growth of your city. Such a nice contrast.
CLICK to see my MD on SC4D: Towncrafter's World - The Cities and Towns of greckman