• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Surface mining props/lots

Started by Yild, December 23, 2012, 11:24:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yild

hello...

I would like to see in game something like this: bucket wheel excavator - but Im afraid that creating model would take 6 months or more... and rendering would take even longer  ;D

I found something like this 3d model but it lacks textures...

and some sketchup models:

::)
DAMN Manager download: at LEX at STEX
DAMN Manager support thread: at SC4Dev

threestooges

Somy made one of those a while back: http://members3.jcom.home.ne.jp/somy000/p7.htm (at the bottom of the page).

Yild

strange that I didn't found it when I googled for it... thanks :)

and it looks great in game :D

...and now ecoterrorists will harass me   ;)

Reform

If you are really up for mining, Paeng published some new lots and relots for coal mining, in SimPeg4.
CHEAT SHEET: Coal Industries

Have fun with The NightOwl Coal Collection.  :)

- Ilja

jmyers2043

@ Ilja

Quote from: Reform on December 24, 2012, 03:00:03 AM
If you are really up for mining, Paeng published some new lots and relots for coal mining, in SimPeg4.
CHEAT SHEET: Coal Industries

Have fun with The NightOwl Coal Collection.  :)

- Ilja

I'm glad I clicked on that link. I was wondering how to accomplish a similar scene. The bucket wheel is kind of big, judging from the photo.

- Jim
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

Yild

yes this link is great... for coal miners... ;)

I will use it, but there should be other textures than coal, ie iron ore or bauxite  ::)

about excavator, its ~300m length - 3 excavators in line in small city...

Reform

Some of those bats are big, I admit. NightOwls worked with what they got. None of these were batted by them.

Quote from: Yild on December 24, 2012, 06:32:13 AM
I will use it, but there should be other textures than coal, ie iron ore or bauxite  ::)

I don't know about ore textures, but I am building a tower, smelter, silo and few other similar bats for copper mining operations, using old Outokumpu copper mine as reference. Those lots should work with other mining operations as well.

This is going to take some time though. I just recently started a new job in a construction firm. My body and mind are still trying to get used to 5 a.m. wake up calls, so progress is a bit slow.

- Ilja