• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Mind Scape

Started by rooker1, February 27, 2007, 07:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Girafe

Congratulations Robin  &apls &apls
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

rooker1

Everyone must know me farely well by now and also know that this is my favourite time of year here at SC4D!  This is basically the only game that I play and the only website that I spend @75% of my day on.  The other 25% I'm sleeping and than I dreaming about how my city can look better and how I can fit in what I've seen in real life over the past week or so.
Anyways, not too sure how I have ended up in OSITM 6 times, but I guess someone likes me...or should I say my MD.  I thank you all for following my MD over the years.  But most of all I would like to thank those that put in all the hard work putting this web site together all those years ago.

Party time

With lots of Friends!

Enjoy the fireworks

And share a glass of your favourite beverage.
I have champange

Lots of beer

Most of all though....sit back and relax.  I have one of these lined up for everyone.

I just looked back to when my last update was....now I feel bad. %confuso I have been playing here and there over the months, but no where near as much as I use to.  Real life has been tough but I do have a few updates over the next few days to show and I hope you all can enjoy them.

Today we'll do a Back in Time Fast Forward update.  Let's see if I have improved over the years. ::)
I have taken several of my most favourite pics of the years. :D

The pictures are in chronological order and I think you can see that the pictures do get slightly better over the years. ::) ;)

Call me Robin, please.

Swordmaster

Wow, that's too much to take in in one go. I'll come back to this post a couple of times. What a great illustration of this MD over the years. . . I guess my favorite has to be the Antwerp Cathedral picture :)  I live three blocks away from that building.

Again, congrats on 6th time OSITM.

Cheers
Willy

threestooges

Loved the shoreline by the marina and lighthouse in the last few pics. The flora is exceptionally well done there. My one nitpick for the whole update though is the Maxis switch in the rail wye just above those marina pictures. One of the redesigned ones would've worked much better visually, especially since the other side got one. Aside from that, nice work, and way to start your week out.
-Matt

nbvc

Great city and your underwater landscapes are fantasic. &apls

Kergelen

Congratulations on your six OSITM &apls

Quote from: rooker1 on November 24, 2012, 04:32:41 PM
I'm sleeping and than I dreaming about how my city can look better and how I can fit in what I've seen in real life over the past week or so.
The same happens to me but over the past months or years also :D

A lot of interesting things to look at!! The underwater MMPing, the seaports, the prison near the sea, the railyards, the avenue under church's square, and more. &apls
Great to see more update from Mind Scape :thumbsup:

Links to SC4 websites

Serkanner

Awesome; great pictures. It is completely new for me that it is possible to place items under water.

mave94

Wow! :shocked2:
That's an awesome update! I'm happy I'm right in time for the party. :) Congratulations on your OSITM. The sixth time in the sixth year of SC4D? That can't be coincidence.
From the pictures of the Back in Time Fast Forward I particularly like the one with the lighthouse. The one with the cemetery and the church after the "Rail by night" is also nice, as is the jail near the sea. It is clear for sure that you improved in the past years. I'l be coming back to take a better look at each picture. ;)

-Matthijs

sunv123

Quote from: Serkanner on November 25, 2012, 04:06:45 AM
Awesome; great pictures. It is completely new for me that it is possible to place items under water.
Lol, you didn't know that? ;)

It's great to have a party here with one of the greatest diaries on SC4Devotion. :party: Yes, the beer and the champagne will do us well. :D I sure can tell the difference, it goes from MHW to RHW and from no terrain mod to terrain mod. I wish that i could have seen these pic when they were fresh, but i wasn't here back then! :P

Great update, i am looking forward for much, much more. :thumbsup:
Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.

noahclem

So many great pictures, so many different styles  :o  Very impressive, beautiful update. A tremendous start to what's promising to be a hell of a 4-in-1  &apls

Thanks for the beer buddy  :party:

art128

Yeap, the quality went really high as the time passed by! Not that there wasn't quality before, but now it's on its own level!
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

dragonshardz

Quote from: Serkanner on November 25, 2012, 04:06:45 AM

Been a while since I've seen you around, Serk.

rooker, where did those underwater pipes come from?

RickD

Wow, this is an epic update.  :thumbsup: I particularily like the harbor with the pipes, the railyard and the bridge with the underbridge lot.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

rooker1

A quick thank you to all for your great comments. 
I'll try to answer the few questions later on today, for now I want to get these pics posted before I get too busy again.

So these pics are from my CAM rest city and I'm here to tell you The CAM is excellent and who says it can't look great as well.  With a little patients and a bulldozer you can eventually get what you want to grow.  All Ind, Comm. and Res. was grown! ;)
Enjoy and tell me what you think, please.

That's All Folks!
Robin :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

noahclem

Great work Robin  &apls  I'm curious how much neighborhood "pruning" you had to do to achieve such nice results with the grown buildings. The tram systems looks excellent and I like the diagonals you've incorporated into these areas. Cool traffic layout in general! The various types of green spaces and peaceful suburbs are great and I also like the areas around the stadium and hospital  &apls

vortext

Great updates!

The first OSITM installment (congrats btw) provided a nice overview and I really enjoyed seeing your skills progress throughout the years.  &apls

The city is very well put together with lots of details to look at, though imho the suburbs are a bit too repetitive - how many SG flowerbeds can a neighbourhood handle?!  ;)

The industrials on the other hand are great! Mind telling where I can find the slim, tall building with the glass roof in the eight pic? And you actually got the VW factory to grow? That must have been a pretty awesome sight!  :thumbsup:

Finally, you say this was from a test city, so I'm wondering if are you're testing the long anticipated and almost mythical CAM v2?!

time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

io_bg

Excellent update! I really like the suburb with cp's houses. How did you manage to grow only them? ;D
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

sunv123

I think that it turned out pretty well! Just one thing i need to say, those gilbradi arms (those grey buildings with red on the edges) and those small pencil towers were a little too repetitive. Maybe the bulldozer can work a few extra hours? ::) I also really like the multi-avenues that you used.

Quote from: io_bg on November 28, 2012, 01:17:47 PM
Excellent update! I really like the suburb with cp's houses. How did you manage to grow only them? ;D
I don't think i see ANY maxis residential, so i think he used this.
http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=897

Looking forward for more! ;)
Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.

rambuckel

Congrats on OSITM! I'm quite late commenting these brilliant updates.  &apls &apls &apls
I'll have to come back to be able to enjoy all the pictures with many many wonderful scenes once again!

Angels can fly because they don't take themselves too serious!

knapp

Wow! I can't find words... These pics are great. It's really worth to pass by several times to enjoy all the details You've built in. This OSITM is very well deserved and I think, it wasn't the last one. Keep going on like this. &apls
aka "Der Gammler" on simforum.de and STEX