• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Question on the BSC Bogus Alert

Started by Rockinfrog, February 19, 2007, 12:39:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rockinfrog

I queryed my waste to power plant in one of my cities in order to verify that the slider was reduced to 0, ( I like free garbage disposal ) and I got this BSC Bogus Alert. It told me that this building was simply awful and that on startup the file would be deleted. ( Or words to that effect) This is a Maxis building, and While I agree with the BSC that it is a miserable piece of archetecture, I am the Mayor of that stinking building and I need to control it's power. Really is there a way to nullify the Bogus Alert so I can set the slider?  ()what()  Seriously I know you folks that make up the BSC have a sence of humor, and I appreciate that, but I would like to be able to control the funding of the waste to energy plant but the Bogus Alert blocks out the standard query window. I would appreaciate your help with this. Thank You for your time.                                                                                                                                                                                                    I fixed it. It seems that in the read me for Simgoober's Modern Waste to Energy Plant there is a reference to an enhanced query. The Bogus alert is the enhancement. The two ini files with bogus in the title need to be removed to restore the normal query and acess to the local funding slider. I should add that if you use Dat Packer these files need to be removed BEFORE you run DatPacker, otherwise the enhancement becomes compressed into the dat file and cannot be found. In which case you need to restore all your files and folders to the plugin folder, ( minus the two ini files ) and run DatPacker again. At this point things should be back to normal.            I hope this is a help to someone.
Of all the things I have lost in my life I miss my mind the most