• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Simmer's Lotting Lab.

Started by Simmer2, December 11, 2015, 07:24:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simmer2

Thank you Tibi & Papa-J

SM2 Old Dutch Windmill Is also available for download here https://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3739

Lot list has been amended.

Simmer2
________________________________________________________________________________

fantozzi

Ah .. so I'm late. Doesn't matter. Great windmill anyway, brilliant wall texture.

Simmer2

Thanks Mr Major Fantozzi

It has come to my attention that a certain lot has now become somewhat unavailable and so I took it upon myself to re-create it but in a different format.

The lot in question (center pivot irrigation field) was originally created by dedgren. I never downloaded it therefore I do not know if it was texture based or model based.

Well I went ahead and made it in model format therefore it can be plopped over any terrain or pre_existing farm field you may have. The model is made to occupy a 9X9 grid but it fits in a 1X1 tile.

I have made 1 of the 4 (winter/spring/summer/autumn) and here it is. If you guys like it, I will then go ahead and do the other 3 seasons (It takes 2 hours per render) and yes, once all 4 are completed, they will all fit in a 1x1 tile and will act like a seasonal field. (before anyone asks, yes I will make the irrigation rig move to a different position in each season ;))

Here is the winter version (HD)

Simmer2
________________________________________________________________________________

Tarkus

That right there is some amazing and timely work! :thumbsup:  While I had been interested in having central pivot before, IIRC, the original was not an overhang and I can't recall about its functional status in game, so the flexibility to work this in with the standard "game" farms is exciting.

-Alex

PaPa-J

Awesome! This would look so good in the farming landscape.  Great work!
Lighten up, just enjoy life,
smile more, laugh more,
and don't get so worked up
about things.

Dublin

Love the center pivot irrigation and definitely would use it, but typically in my area they are not used much. I have seen pivot applications in rectangular fields (crop dependent) but normally in large round fields (maybe Fred can chime in on this). I attached a couple images of what I'm use to seeing. By no means should you not release this awesome irrigation system, your skills are incredible. I do not post much but I do install the electrical for the pumps for irrigation systems and thought some input might be helpful.

Where ever you go, there you are.

fantozzi

Anyway - to make it model based was a wise decission. So you can plop it on different fields.

I'm impressed how it matches most common ground texture so smoothly.  This will be a popular addon for sure. Much realism.

Simmer2

Thank you everyone!

Well I went ahead and rendered the other 3 seasons. I'm experimenting with seasonal settings at the moment and the results are not too shabby. The interval between models is 3 months. Obviously for posting reasons I accelerated the process. The actual time from start to finish is 365 days.

So here it is in all 4 seasons. Winter-Spring-Summer-Fall. We will call it SM2 Seasonal Center Pivot Irrigation Field

Simmer2

Tyberius06

&apls &apls
Magnificent!
Bravo. Realy nice, thank you for making this!

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

mattb325

Very cool. I have (and enjoy) the other ones by dedgren, but this looks awesome. I especially like how you've matched the base circle to the game's farm fields texture  :)

eggman121

Thanks for taking the task to feed our sims :laugh:

These are used in Australia as well. Not as prolific as the ones in North America but this is quite a nice project to grow ::)
Keep up the good work ;)

-eggman121

Simmer2

Thank you Tibi, Matt and Stephen!

Meanwhile somewhere over Idaho....

Simmer2

mattb325

fantozzi

Is it only by accident the crop circle caused like number 6000?

I don't think so. I was always thinking there are powers from high above involved when Simmer2 is batting.

Simmer2

Thanks Matt & fantozzi and everyone who liked it!

Now I know what makes those damn crop circle in my maps....

..and she made another! MrBisonm (Fred) please wrangle your cows!!  :D :D

Simmer2

art128

That's pretty good. IIRC crop circles has never been done before.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Tyberius06

Oh, Man! :)
Independence Day? Where is Will Smith and Jeff Goldblum? The invasion is imminent! They are among US! :D :D
Beautiful work and as Art said, I don't think these kind of circles have ever been made in SC4!  &apls &apls &apls

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

Simmer2

Thanks Art and Tibi

Last one and then I'm retiring them for good.

Simmer2

FrankU

Ah, nice work!
As far as I know the Dedgren circular crop fields were textures, so he miust have made a very large texture set. But Dedgren wasn't afraid of strasting large projects. pity though that he finished hardly any of them...
Anyway, for my (hopefully) upcoming Dutch farms set your field will not be useful, because we don't use this kind of fields in the Netherlands. Our farmers use flexible hoses to irrigate the fields. Very practical.
The corp circles though... would be nice to use them in some kind of randomly appearing lot. Or maybe some kind of farming reward. Let me think....  &Thk/(

Simmer2

Ah, no worries Frank, you don't have to think too hard. I got it covered.

Here is the real culprit in all its HD glory  ;D Mystery solved!

Simmer2