• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

~ Berlin in the roaring twenties ~

Started by peterycristi, September 05, 2010, 03:58:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Badsim

Very nice project & interesting challenge ... doing something similar about Paris with the TWTeam , I'm following that one ( & Kelis' work as well ) with the higher interest .  &apls &apls &apls

Wish you the best with it even if , considering your various talents , there's no need to make wishes .  :)

Cédric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

DerChrischi

Wuah, you are so great  :satisfied:! artist!
I am very happy to see Berlin. This makes my Christmas sensational!  :thumbsup:
I hope we will see more this year!  :thumbsup:

RickD

I was wondering if you had already given up on your very ambitious project. Glad you didn't.  :thumbsup:
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

Schulmanator

This is a very promising project with a lot of great custom works. I am eager to see more.  &apls
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

peterycristi

R E P L I E S

@serebii666: Thanks for your kind words :)

@eldaldo: I'm happy you like my MD :). My cars will be maybe available soon.

@Terring7: Well, the pictures of today are a lot more Sc4 ;)

@Badsim: Of course i know the TWTproject and i admire the work you are doing! Thanks a lot for your kind words!

@DerChrischi: Thanks a lot and sorry for don't bringing an update last year.

@RickD: Here we go ;)

@Schulmanator: Glad you like it :)

Third Update: "Dem Deutschen Volke - To the german people"

~ Well guys, here we go on our trip through the historic capital. Today i thought we'll just take y look around the corner and visit the "Platz der Republik". It is a very quiet location, because it is just like a part of "Tiergarten" outside the city center. ~

~ In the center of "Platz der Republik", which was called "Königsplatz" until the Revolution in 1918, is located the "Siegessäule" (Column of Victory). It was built from 1864 to 1873 as a monument for the victory in the unification wars. The last one against france in 1871 ended in the proclamation of the german empire and the foundation of the german nation. So today it is a national monument, which remembers everyone the birth of our country. ~

~ Right in sight of the "Siegessäule" and directly in front of the "Reichstag" (Parliament building) is located the Bismarck National Memorial. It was erected from 1897 to 1901 and honours the founder of the nation. With a smart strategy he unified the german states and formed the nation in a so called "revolution from above". But his Germany became a monarchy with a parlament that had no real power. Even reforms in the end of the Great War couldn't avoid, that the monarchy felt down and Germany became a republic. Anyway, without the political genius of Bismarck Germany maybe would have never become a nation. ~

~ Well the most dominant and impressive building at "Platz der Republik" is the parliament building, called "Reichstag". It was built in the neorenaissance style from 1884 to 1894 and planed by the german architect Paul Wallot. When emperor Wilhelm I. set the first stone for the new parliament building the hammer broke, as the monarchy did just 34 years later. ~

~ There were a lot of controversies about the erection of the "Reichstag". As i told you, it is built in the district of Tiergarten, the biggest park of Berlin and so it is outside the city center. This is, because the emperor didn't like the idea, to have a parliament building inside his residential city. That's why they searched for a place outside historic city borders. Another thing, that anoyed the emperor was the fact, that the cupula should be higher than the cupula of the imperial palace. In his eyes, that meant, that the parliament would have more power than the emperor himself. ~

~ Paul Wallot planed to dedicate the building to the german people. In the front prortal should be a inscription with exactly these words. But the "Reichstag" was finished without the dedication. It took until 1916, in the middle of the Great War, that the letters were put abouve the main entrance. Anyway this symbolic act of the emperor came too late to rescue the monarchy. With the defeat of our troops and the revolution in november 1918 the monarchy ended in Germany and Wilhelm II. went to the exile in Netherlands. ~

~ On 9th november 1918, the social democratic parlamentarian Philipp Scheidemann proclaimed the german republic from one of the windows of the "Reichstag". Since that day, the parliament has a real power in our country and the words "To the german people" became true. Well guys, that was again a lot of information for today. Hope you enjoyed our short trip, the sights and the silence here outside the historic city center. Just take some more looks around. I'll just pic you up in some time to see the other side of "Platz der Republik". See you in a while, guys! ~
H I S T O R I S C H E S   B E R L I N

Schulmanator

Just delightful! I love the works you have made for Berlin and you have put them together so very nicely.
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

Tomas Neto

Wow... fantastic work!!! Another awesome update!!!  &apls &apls

kelis

&apls &apls &apls

Nice Update my friend ! Great job over the "Platz der Republik", I like so much your Bat's and props !

I hope can see these available in the LEX soon  ;D Well great job again, Keep up the good work.

PD: Pudiste ver mis mensajes privados ? Saludos
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

noahclem

Beautiful work!  &apls  How do you make that large roundabout? I believe I've seen it as part of a French stock exchange but never as part of a green space...  It works great for your city anyway  :thumbsup:

silentbreaker

Great BATs, great shots, great update!   ;D :thumbsup:

peterycristi

R E P L I E S

@Schulmanator: Thanks for words. I hope to don't disappoint you in the future :)

@TomaNeto: thanks a lot :)

@kelis: thx, as i told you, some of them will maybe be available soon ;)

@noahclem: You are completelly right. It's the lot of bourse de commerce by xannepan. I just changed the basetextures and so on ;)

@silentbreaker: I'm happy you like my update :)

Wel guys, i thought it could be helpfull for your orientation to show you a cityplan with the location of all the updates. So here we go. I will add it to the first page, so that you can always see there the steps of our sight seeing tour.

click to enlarge

Update 1: Hotel Adlon at Pariser Platz

Update 2: Pariser Platz and Brandenburger Tor

Update 3: Platz der Republik with Reichstag, Bismarck and Siegessäule

see you! :thumbsup:

kwakelaar

This is absolutely fantastic work. The Reichstag itself looks beautiful and the square in front with the Bismarck memorial and the different textures and details like the fencing around the grass, the fountains.....I am very impressed.
Great story also, and I look forward to see more.

peter007

absolutely great work. Wanna see more from ya

Sciurus

Fantastic update, one more time! &apls

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

Evillions8

This is one of the best historical CJs I've ever seen. &apls &apls

peterycristi

R E P L I E S

@kwakelaar: Thanks a lot for reading my MD. Just some time, and there will be some of your great bats in here too! :)

@peter007: thx, and here we go ;)

@Scurius: Glad you like it! :)

@Evillions8: well, i also hope to don't disappoint you in the future

@debussyman: Thanks y lot, carlos, for releasing the reichstag! without your great work, this project wouldn't be possible. So here my special thanks to you!!  &apls

Update4: "The government in Berlin is deposed!" - The Hitler-Putsch 1923

~ Well guys, i'm sorry to interrupt your city tour, but i think, you should read the newspaper of today! You woun't believe what happend the last morning in the bavarian capital! The leader of the Nazi party, Adolf Hitler, and General Ludendorff (he was one of the leaders of the german military in the great war and a war heroe) tried to take the power in Munich! ~

~ For god sake they didn't suceed! In a fight with the bavarian police the Putsch got stuck. But read it yourself. ~

~ The Defenders of the Republic ~

~ Gustav Stresemann - Reichschancellor 1923 to 1923 ~

~ Friedrich Ebert - Reichspresident 1919 to 1925 ~

~ Well guys, hope you liked that short history lesson. Who wants to know more can google for beer hall putsch. See you soon, back at the capital, visiting the city center... Take care, guys. This are very dangerous times... ~

DerChrischi

It is Amazing!  &apls
This is better than how my history classes. You're simply the best. The font you have to necessarily tell me again. Let's see what comes from you because no matter how!

Your little picture is real madness. As one looks forward and you think, like the Wilhelm comes around the corner!

nbvc

Terring7

This Mayor Diary is a truly time machine &apls
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

citymax