• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Issue with rendered BAT

Started by JP Schriefer, August 13, 2015, 10:28:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JP Schriefer

Hi, guys. I'm sorry if I'm posting on the wrong place, if there's a thread to post this kind of thing can you tell me? I didn't find it.

I wasn't having problems with 3ds Max for a long time, but now I'm trying to export a residential building I'm doing but without success. Its previews are perfect and everything looks ok, but after exporting it gets distorted in zoom 3 East and West views. I tried to re-do the LODs, check if its name was right, save file with another name, merge the scene, reset cameras, everything...nothing works.
Ps.: tried now to render a box with the same dimensions as the building to test if it was happening in all files, but it worked fine, so the problem is just with the building.
Does anyone has any tips? Thanks in advance.

mgb204

Before troubleshooting too far, did you install the BAT (I assume you are using SC4BAT for the final render) update "Texture Fix", found here?

If that doesn't solve the problem, sometimes the UV Map values of exported textures can get screwed up, instructions for fixing that can be found here.

Girafe

if the advices of mgb don t work.

Send the files
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

reddonquixote

Oh no, looks like the same problem I get whenever I try to render anything small in HD (e.g. props).. just a weird glitchy thing that seems to have no reason for it. A couple of things that have worked for me in the past:

1) Try using different size lighting rigs in GMAX BAT. After importing your LODs, go File>Xref Scene. Select the lighting rig in the list and click Remove. Then click Add, navigate to CamLightRigs and try all the different options. See if any of those work.

2) Try making a larger custom LOD. In 3DS Max make a 1.5 wider and 1.5 taller LOD, and export as usual. Just do that as a test to see if it works. If it does work, try shrinking the LOD back down until it stops working. You don't really want too larger LOD if you can help it, just need to experiment with sizes until you get something useable. No idea why this works, but it has for me.

Or as Girafe said, get someone to help. You have my dropbox if you want me to try  :)
Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.

JP Schriefer

Thank you really much for your attention, guys, but I got it making something weird. I used that button "Clear output files" and it rendered right. I don't even know what clear output files means but it worked. I did follow all that Jason FAQ, I was already giving up on that. Now I already rendered Maxis Nite, now I'm doing it to Dark Nite.
Well, thanks again, and I'll save your tips for any other situation.