• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

How long do you play at one sitting?

Started by Masochist, November 11, 2006, 07:24:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattb325

Yoder - so funny, so true!!!! :D

I hadn't been playing much of late, but the Shosaloza project has got me started again, so when I sit down to play the game about twice a week, I leave between 1-6 hours in front of me!

jaronamo70

i've managed to pull all nighters with this game, but it's not as much fun the next day!  :-[

LP_Green

well...Per sitting?...hum, I would say 4 hours in average. Sometimes less or more. I never get bored of this game :)

FromTheAshes

Depending on the mistakes I do... Lot of mistakes => Short playing-time (20 minutes would be the shortest I think...)  -  everything good, no mistakes=> up to 3 hours
Visit Vorsfelde.

praiodan

Was sitting about 7 hours at my city today  ??? Average is maybe between 2-3 hours, though.

@Yoder  :D

jen_p

I would guess that in one sitting I would normally play for 1-2 hours. I usually decide to stop when the game crashes when I zoom out to look at a city. Because I save quite regularly I don't often lose much. My old computer was very slow, but never crashed, so I would leave it running, sometimes all day. I can't do that with my new machine, it is faster but less stable, I think due to conflicts with the video drivers.
Normally I might play Simcity on the weekends, and maybe once during the week. Quite often I work on BATs during the week, a little bit in the evenings after work. Whilst I'm on holidays I play simcity a lot more, but still in short bursts throughout the day. If I spend too much time playing late in the evening, I end up building cities in my sleep.
My MD: Jen's random cities...  ...Also, check out my creations on the LEX...

derek_pearce

i play for  3 hours some times depending on what im working on
Signature comming soon

tkirch

Right now 10 minutes.  I play between clients.  I am a tax accountant.

When have time an hour or two, but I try to be such a perfectionist that it is a lot of rebuilding being done

DuskTrooper

I usually play in short sessions of 30 mins to two hours.  I don't play in 16 hour sessions like I used to (back in the old days, lol)  I may play a few times a day, and some days, I don't play at all.  The rest of the time I spend LEing, taking care of business, chatting, or BATting a private thing or two. :P
SC4, forevermore!

Alek King of SC4

right now that i have joined the working world i try and sneek in about 2, 2-3 hour sessions a week max.

Fred_Ginger

I'm retired and usually played off and on all day (play, crash, look at internet, play, crash, etc) until about 5 PM when it was time to fix dinner and read until I went to bed, then RL intruded for a while and yesterday was the first time I've played in a few months.  I played three hours tonight before I crashed so that was good!  What I'd really, really like is for someone to fix lunch and dinner for me so I can just play all the time (I'm not smart/talented enough to BAT/Lot) Oh! and after they do the cooking I want them to wash the dishes, and vacuum, and grocery shop, and take out the garbage, and ....
My name is Vicki
Fred and Ginger were my doggies
RIP my babies

Elektra

I usually play about 3-4 hours at a time.  Mostly just staring at the screen watching things build.... :D
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
A. Einstein

sebes

Quote from: Fred_Ginger on January 10, 2007, 11:57:22 PM
What I'd really, really like is for someone to fix lunch and dinner for me so I can just play all the time (I'm not smart/talented enough to BAT/Lot) Oh! and after they do the cooking I want them to wash the dishes, and vacuum, and grocery shop, and take out the garbage, and ....

And warm the bed up so that it's not too cold when you get in after a loooooooooong play  ;)

I am lucky - it sometimes happens - it's paradise  :satisfied:
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

Fred_Ginger

Oh Sebes, now you're going to make me sad ( :'( ), as I no longer have that - my husband passed away in 1994 but I still had our little doggies to keep me company but now both of them have passed away and I'm all alone....

(Is that one of the sadder stories you've ever heard?  Don't worry, I visit my family and friends and SC pals so I get along   :thumbsup: )
My name is Vicki
Fred and Ginger were my doggies
RIP my babies

NASCAR_Guy

2 to 4 plus an additional 3 hours or so of Internet &mmm
Show us what you look like http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=1142.0

Just call me Dave

Masochist

Quote from: Elektra on January 11, 2007, 01:47:38 AM
I usually play about 3-4 hours at a time.  Mostly just staring at the screen watching things build.... :D

LOL!  That's basically all I do, as well!

But I haven't played in a long while.  We'll see if that changes today... ;)
(Under Construction)

your_adress_here

There is life beyond the loading screen?!  :o
Bookah!

bwatterud

Generally 1-2 hours, but sometimes upwards of 4.  My general rule of thumb is if I cant devote at least half an hour, it's not worth playing. 

petercintn

Retired here also, kinda forced but what cha gonna do?  It's 5:10 in the morning and in 20 minutes I'll get up my daughter and send her off to highschool.  But playing is a lot of thinking for me so I leave SC staring at me a lot of the time.  Play while I chat and bore all my freinds with it.  Spent an hour and a half just tring to figure why pmiller's hobbit pier wasn't a hobbit pier and why the LE wouldn't accept that I changed the lot to 12x3 instead of 12x6, had to double up the pier, but I ain't real smart.  If I ever get into batting I'll never leave this computer, btw since I upgraded, no more crashes!  And I'm in in 4 minutes from a clean reboot, to the city, less than 2 if the memory's loaded.  With 1.8 gig of plugins.  I thought retirement would be boring but 24 hrs still just isn't enough sometimes, pestky freinds bothering me all the time, the phone rings way too much, I can only get 4 or 5 hrs in a day sometimes. Even my daughter seems to require attention every day.

Just kiddin' guys :D
Carolina Tar Heels... National Champs again!

mightygoose

#stsfd· normally 2 to 3 hours but have been known to do a 13 hour stint once... mind you my loading time is about 4 minutes lol
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....