• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Wider one-way roads (5 lanes wide)

Started by mikeseith, April 23, 2007, 05:53:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thundercrack83

Commendable effort, sc4luv2! I hope your ideas can be implemented!

Madeira aka Constantina

I don't know how you manage to acheive it. All I can say is 'great'.

GMT

I'm stunned. really.
I knew about 3 lane oneway roads, but this here really gives way more opportunities to create giant transportation networks  :thumbsup:

... really, it is. I swear.

Boernie

--Visit http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2426.0 at the MD recently pubsished section--

oh my god, this hospital is full of sick people!!!

ssc4k

why not make 3 lane one ways (we know 3 lanes can fit on a road) adn then make 7 lane one ways

i like larger roads :P
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature and help him gain world domination.

RON-E

this would fit perfectly in a downtown area! man, you guys are really coming out with some great mods!!!!

skyjuice

Great work here. Looking frwd to use at least a four lane onw way. When are they finished?

ssc4k

skyjuice: i beileve it has been put on hold for the tla project. :P
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature and help him gain world domination.

skyjuice

Quote from: ssc4k on September 26, 2007, 03:53:29 PM
skyjuice: i beileve it has been put on hold for the tla project. :P
TLA? i should sheck that out then i guess. Thanks.

ssc4k

its better than this in my opinion. 5,6,7 lane avenues and sims can actually turn in the middle of them! but this project would be a great tl10 (ave without ctl mad bye making 2 next to each other)
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

el_cozu

I've downloaded this textures... can somebody help me where to install them... cuz i love this mod

jplumbley

@el_cozu   The texture you downloaded are not a BETA version.  In fact there has only been limited progression on this project as other projects of similar types have been worked on with priority.  You will need to wait for us to get a chance to putting this one together, the textures uploaded are the ones used for the Coding aspect whigh hasnt had the greatest progress.
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

Kellydale2003

Just a comment, I think this is a very good idea. It is very unrealistic for urban eyesores to have 2 lanes. Mean while Winnipeg Canada (small city) has an eightlane highway, this is a good project
<center> Cant-Escape Productions

www.Cant-Escape.piczo.com
A personal fan site "devoted"
Kellydale2003
</center>

Kellydale2003

Yes it me again. I am working on a similiar project. I have never uploaded to STEX, PLEX, nor LEX. I have about 30 something NAM wanna-be mods. Diagonal bridges, Dual networking, and overkilled tri networking. My highway is just a plop and drag. A few bugs. On the left middle land its kind of big. I have a mod that makes Automata travel in inner lanes. So empty lanes is not a problem.

A few texture problems also.

I don't like making threads because We (CEP {Cant-Escape Productions}) end up getting critisized. We don't lie. My friend CAntEscape is kind of rude. His thread got locked. Oh well.

Kellydale2003
</center>

simzebu

*sceptical*
Diagonal bridges? Lot, puzzle piece, or drag? I have to say I'm quite skeptical of people coming in touting highway ideas these days (in light of a certain former poster), especially when other ideas are presented that are improbable or impossible.
No offense intended to you, personally, of course. But you'll just need to show more evidence before people believe you. I'm sure if you started your own thread, and inappropriate things were said, a moderator would take care of it.
Known as Embolalia in numerous other places.

Penguins, Python, and Programming, oh my!

jplumbley

@Kellydale2003

Please if you are going to post a picture like this, explain the technical properties of how you have made this work.  From what I see, this is a 3-Tile network, which is impossible to drag because the widths of the networks are Hardcoded.  How could you make this plop and drag?  If you have done this with proper NAM modding techniques it surprises me that you got this far without someone on the NAM team being involved, specifically Tarkus or I.

I am going under the assumption that these are ploppable Transit Enabled Lots (like Aznoverdrive and J-Dub on the STEX). in which you have used a draggable Road in the middle to connect them.  If this is the case, I must highly discourage this practice.

Diagonal bridges... well I know they are only possible with TE Lots so this must be how you did it.  These are "alright" if the Transit Switch Cost is modded properly and there has to be one version for whichever NAM Plugin you are using.  But, the biggest limitation is that you cannot have variations in sizes unless you make a totally ne model for the lot.

Please, give more explaination about what you are showing, we are interested in the technique you are using to implement the project more than the visuals.  If your implementation is solid then the project is solid.  Just look at the RHW Project for example, at first the textures hardly meant anything, now they are getting an upgrade because the fundamentals are starting to come together.  Implementation of modding is the key to success.

....   I cant say anything about your partner there.  He was very rude and had provided no proof of his work.  If he had his thread would not have been locked.
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

Shadow Assassin

QuoteDiagonal bridges... well I know they are only possible with TE Lots so this must be how you did it.

Actually, they are possible to be coded into the game. Like (almost) everything else transit-related, bridges use a system of RULs. However, it would be difficult to do, knowing how complex diagonal RULs can be.

The problem is, nobody knows how to do it, though someone (most likely morifari) was looking into the implementation of diagonal bridges.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Pat

Quote from: Kellydale2003 on November 19, 2007, 01:24:34 PM

I don't like making threads because We (CEP {Cant-Escape Productions}) end up getting critisized. We don't lie. My friend CAntEscape is kind of rude. His thread got locked. Oh well.

You can make a thread, thats not the problem at all... What happened with Cantescape is different and as you said yourself he is rude... What he didn't do is post pics as everyone was asking for... Plus he did alot of double talking about different items... Which set off alot of "Red Flag's" for alot of members...

We here or I should say I here at Devotions Love to see the action and not empty promisses...  I said I as i cant speak for the whole community but if I'm right though alot of other folks will say they agree with show me the money lol...

Kellydale at least I ask is just follow what Jplumbley has asked and explain how you over came the problems and what nots... So more or less go technical on us lol....

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Filasimo

you know kellydale,
i cant help but notice your signature matches that of someone elses....hmm wonder could that be...
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

Kellydale2003

Yeah, i'm not even going to try prove anyone wrong because it will spark some Red Flags (such as the last thread we had). So I am not going to correct anyone or anything. I only tell the truth, honestly, I am just going to move on here.

, Kelly

PS; I like the world bunny domination thing, its funny.

Kellydale2003
</center>