• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NEW - Turning Lanes Plugin - POLL Closed

Started by jplumbley, October 09, 2007, 03:54:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What should I do?      Please read below before voting.

Re-write the RTL Plugin.
81 (89%)
Leave it as is.
7 (7.7%)
Dont care (dont use it)
3 (3.3%)

Total Members Voted: 90

Tarkus

Yes, it does.  It's basically set-up such that you have:

Intersection---Road/Street Transition---Street/Road Transition---Road

That basic setup will be getting used for some other stuff as well . . . ;)

-Alex (Tarkus)

kassarc16

Okay, I think I see what the deal is, but would that mess up the Street/Road transitions that I use to have stop signs on the intersecting road? Or will those still be functional because it's only one transition? (If that's not clear I can post a pic to show what I mean.)

Tarkus

Quote from: kassarc16 on May 18, 2008, 05:59:43 PM
Okay, I think I see what the deal is, but would that mess up the Street/Road transitions that I use to have stop signs on the intersecting road? Or will those still be functional because it's only one transition? (If that's not clear I can post a pic to show what I mean.)

That particular setup would still be unaffected. 

Of course, it would be easy to produce a little mod to allow the choice of having traffic signals or stop signs on those intersections (with T21s), too. ;)

-Alex (Tarkus)

Swamper77

Quote from: Tarkus on May 18, 2008, 07:31:31 PM
That particular setup would still be unaffected. 

Of course, it would be easy to produce a little mod to allow the choice of having traffic signals or stop signs on those intersections (with T21s), too. ;)

-Alex (Tarkus)

Yes, but the cars will still stop and go as if there is a stoplight controlling the intersection with the stop sign props on the road intersection tiles.

-Swamper
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

Tarkus

Quote from: Swamper77 on May 18, 2008, 08:00:20 PM
Yes, but the cars will still stop and go as if there is a stoplight controlling the intersection with the stop sign props on the road intersection tiles.

Quite true.  It'd end up being cosmetic only.

Edit:  Of course, there is also the option of taking the setup kassarc was using and making an override to disguise it.

-Alex (Tarkus)

nerdly_dood

Quote from: Tarkus on May 18, 2008, 08:15:59 PMQuite true.  It'd end up being cosmetic only.
Yeah, but the SAM is cosmetic only too, isnt' it? ;D
I can't tell you how many mods I use that are only cosmetic, and I wouldn't delete them even to get that little shredded thing of mine they call a 'reputation' back... I have 4 overlapping transit texture mods that load in just the right order to make the roads and streets and such look just how I want them, and then I have a bunch of BATs that don't do much... I could go on for hours.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

kassarc16

Quote from: Tarkus on May 18, 2008, 08:15:59 PMOf course, there is also the option of taking the setup kassarc was using and making an override to disguise it.

I think you're on to something there. ;)

Thanks for answering my questions.

gn_leugim

jplumbley

Quote from: gn_leugim on June 06, 2008, 02:55:20 AM
no more news here? =1

Ive been slammed by RLS...  Im able to check-in from time to time, but I definately do not have time to update or do modding at the current time.  I feel bad...
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

Diggis

As you should...  ???

Take you time mate.  Life is important.  :thumbsup:

gn_leugim

your right.. i fell the same.. i've entered exam time.. all my time now is for studing  :'( :angrymore:

Pat

Jp take your time and RL is so much more important then SC4 welll really not but yea I guess it could be lol.... Take it easy in any case!!!!

pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie