• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Save Error

Started by bwatterud, March 17, 2007, 08:15:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bwatterud

I've been having problems saving with SC4Mapper.  The SC4M files load fine, but when I try to save them nothing happens.  After getting impatient, I'll quit and get an error report.  The log file says this:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "SC4MapApp.pyo", line 863, in SaveRgn
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory

This has happened to me several times (I can be very stubborn when I want something to work) ()testing()

bwatterud

Bump?   &mmm
Also, could it have anything to do with not having SC4 installed on my Windows partition?

wouanagaine

sorry to not seeing your original post

That error seems to be generated when the tool want to create the named region folder in MyDocs\Simcity4\Regions. And if you have not installed SC4 that folder does not exist. So to solve the problem, just create an empty folder MyDocs\Simcity4\Regions

Take care

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

bwatterud

Thank you wouanagaine.  I thought that might have been the problem.  I even tried that, but I had Sim City 4 with spaces, and might have even put it in the wrong subfolder.   ::)  Trying it the next time I boot into Windows (which is right now ()stsfd())

EDIT:(Screams angrily)  Still the same problem.  I'm double checking what I've done, but I don't think that's it.  It's probably related though. 

wouanagaine

My fault, it is
\SimCity 4\ not \SimCity4\

Hope that is the problem

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

bwatterud

Yay!!  It worked!!   &apls

tutankhamen

I have the same problem as bwatterud's.
But SimCity4 is installed in my computer...
Or is it something like that I'm running SC4Mapper in wrong folder?
Path to my region folder:
G:\Documents and Settings\(my name)\My Documents\SimCity 4\Regions
to SC4Mapper:
G:\Documents and Settings\(my name)\My Documents\SC4Mapper

Incidentally, I use Japanese Windows. Does it have something to do with?

wouanagaine

does your name have non ascii character in the "G:\Documents and Settings\(my name)\My Documents\SimCity 4\Regions" ??
if this is the case, it may be the problem

New Horizons Productions

tutankhamen

I'm afraid it includes no non-ascii characters.
(my name) is a certain 3-digit number (of course halfwidth).

wouanagaine

Just make sure you have the latest SC4Mapper available on LEX
other than that, as I have no way of testing/debugging it on a Japanese windows version, I'm afraid you're stuck :(

New Horizons Productions

tutankhamen

I downloaded it again, but nothing changes...
OK I'm going to study it on my own.
Anyway, thanks :)

DenisineD

funny thing is: it always say: a problem has occured while creating the region folder. You should enter a valid folder name as region name.

I ve tried many...even the basic name like auckland...and it still don t want to save....i do all the step that it say to install it but it doesnt work...:(

everything else...the program seem to work fine