• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Automata Question

Started by HandsOn, May 07, 2008, 05:25:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HandsOn

Not knowing where to put this, I'll "plop in" from the top: I recall there was some confusion or inadvertent misnaming of one or two of the automata files in the new NAM. Thus my question: which is the one needed to be installed to get the working population to travel the farthest to find a job. I must have use the wrong one because I am suddenly getting a lote of "no job" icons over buildings with available jobs merely  street corner away (both industrial & commercial).

Why not visit The Empire MD
Just updated on July 2nd, 2008
And after the game's done.. - The Storyteller's Logbook

simbox

I've witnessed this too in my city. HandsOn, what's this with a misnamed file?

Andreas

The are no mislabeled files. I accidentially mixed up the installer descriptions for the NAM "A" and "B" traffic plugins, so the description that shows up in the box on the left side shows the description for "hard" when you hover over the "easy" file and vice versa. The "easy" files have greatly increased capacity values (and not the "hard" ones), as it is stated in the readme.
Andreas

HandsOn

My mistake, then, I just recalled reading that (about A & B) and thought it might be a misnamer. Thanks for clearing it up. But: is there anything else, besides the automata that tells Sims not to go around the block for a job?

Swamper77

The traffic plugins are what modify the behavior of the Sims when they go to look for jobs.

The automata files just modify the graphical display of the traffic on the networks.

The traffic and automata files do not affect each other.

-Swamper
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

HandsOn

Claro. Now for the final question since NAM really does not throw up any problems herearound: I did find a folder named NAM Traffic Simulator, which remains empty even after a re-install. Or is that a left-over from previous versions?