• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Art128's SC4 Projects

Started by art128, August 12, 2009, 03:46:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

c.p.

Good luck with the challenge :bnn:  It looks amazing so far.

Schulmanator

Nice stuff. I am eager to see where you go next...
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

art128

Thanks for the comments, guys!

let's take a look at the first city I've built, Shirakawa.

I decided to use a new mix of trees that can be found in Japan: Conifers and subalpine fir, beeches, chestnuts, oaks, ashes and maples.

Click for full size:

Hope you liked this update!
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Looks very acceptable, the forests are pleasing in particular. Did you plop the trees manually from the MMP menu or did you use a tree controller?

art128

Quote from: 11241036 on February 10, 2015, 08:46:49 AM
Looks very acceptable, the forests are pleasing in particular. Did you plop the trees manually from the MMP menu or did you use a tree controller?

All plopped manually from the MMP menu, yes. :)

Props & Texture Catalog

kelis

Fantastic job my friend !! It's nice to see more updates from your Japanese region.  I like this small village and I think you've made a nice work doing your own "Shirakawa". I'm working on my own for my Japanese region as well, but I don't know when I will be able to share it...anyway fantastic job as always I hope we can see more updates soon.

Saludos amigo  :)
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

Fasan

Wow, thats a great portrait.   :thumbsup:
Excellent work!  &apls

many greetings Fasan  ;)

Dantes

I'm boring. My forest consists only of conifers. You've climbed a new level! The village looks very realistic, I have discovered many details which should actually be a separate image. I like the atmosphere in the pictures very much. I am very proud of my otouto-chan! *many-hugs*
Incidentally, you will receive an email from me.

romualdillo

Great work!!! I did'nt know the architecture of Shirakawa and I find very curious how similar are the architectural solutions of alpine regions. I think you've nailed the atmosphere of the real city!!!  &apls

vester

Great update, as always.  &apls

kbieniu7

Hello, friend! :) I would like to leave few words there.

I saw the idea of the monthly challenges before. It's quite interesting to build and plan with some "historical" and regional context. Nice to see, that you joined it and showed us the effects.

I'm really curious about this prevention system. I've never heard of such one. Flood protection was part of my studies, so I'm glad, that your play mentioned and show me such examples from real life, that I could read and find out something more about this solution ;)
Talking about some "technical in-game" issues - I really like the view of the power plant located among fields and small houses. Nice shot!

About the latest update: I love the river bending and meandring between the villages and changing its width, with banks covered with trees and greenery in the beautiful and scenic valley. That's one of my favourite shots from your MD :)

Regards!
Keep it going. I hope, you'll find a job or an internship that you find interesting, developing and gives you pleasure!

Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

noahclem

Missed the last update but I love it! Flora is outstanding and I really like the use of that bat with the steep pitched roofs (Glenni's?). Great nightlights and roads too  :laugh:

Gugu3

art128

Thanks for the comments guys. :)

I've got a new update for you. Though I say new but the pictures are a bit outdated since I got the catenray mod working again.

The town is inspired by the real town of Takehara, near Hiroshima. It is featured as the settings for my favorite: Tamayura.

Props & Texture Catalog

noahclem

Beautiful update! Glad to see that building with NORO hasn't stopped your personal city-building endeavors! Great that the catenaries are working again. The areas I like most are the river valley and the port area next to the rail station. Great work  &apls

vester

Wonderful as always.

Would love to see some trains on those rails and maybe some more cars on the roads.

kelis

I really like your work with that river, and also the zone of the train station. Keep working my friend  :thumbsup:
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

romualdillo

threestooges

Every time I visit this MD, I get the ever-increasing desire to visit Japan. Thank you for the encouragement.
-Matt

gn_leugim

wonderful, that flora, the urban areas, all very neat!  :thumbsup: