• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Art128's SC4 Projects

Started by art128, August 12, 2009, 03:46:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

romualdillo

Great work as always!!! I like all the little details you put in all your parks and squares!!!  ;)

catty

Hi art128

I should really visit in here more often, love the trains   ()stsfd()

Congratulations on joining the SC4D Staff   &apls

-catty
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

jmsepe

Now if isn't that one lovely city. Great work. :)
Just wandering around like a teddy bear running around the garden. :P

"The greatest things in life are those that we have deemed unexpected yet are worth it."  - Anonymous

noahclem

Great update Arthur  &apls  I love the rails of course. Congrats on your promotion  :thumbsup:

art128

Thanks for the comments guys. :)

vortext, Indeed. I've never finished an entire region once since I started playing Simcity4 in 2005. That's actually incredible to think that for almost ten years, It is just now that I manage to finish a region.
jacqulina, Thanks Jacqulina. Nice to see you around again. :)
feyss, Photoshop my friend. I have several templates of train skins to use in Photoshop. I know that's a bit cheating, but what matters to me is how the pictures look.

So, 20 days without an update... And Here I am with a few pictures for you from around the region. As you can see below, I've extended it to the left, making a shoreline with a seaport. I think It's the best way for me to play the game, extending a small region a few tiles each time I finish them.
(All pictures are available in full size, 1280*720)

A closeup of the airport. I still need to work on the ground markings as it's really bare right now.

One of the dam up the river. The lake at the top is a popular area for tourist, hikers and people in need of relaxing time in the several hot springs hotels.

The lake has its own marina for the rich and the less rich.

Back in the city, a Kamiyama main line local train passes a freight train near the local substation.

The suburban railway line.

A shrine on top of a little hill in the southern suburbs.

I hope you liked this small update. :)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Shark7

Lovely update again.  Although I am rather sure I wouldn't want to live in the apartments that over-look/over-hang the marina...just a little too much for me.  ;)

I would really like to see more views of you airfield, if you don't mind.  :)

I also see a nice kids park in the one picture, which has inspired me for my own current projects.

I also see that you have relotted some buildings, correct?  I might have to give that a try myself.

benedict

Beautiful as always.

And congratulations, your MD was number one for the weeks ending August 21, September 4 and September 11.
Click on the banner to celebrate!

vester

As Al-ways: Beau-ti-ful...... don't know what else to say :)

Love that dam.

one thing: Trains ! More trains, please !  ;D

Nanami

Its a nice regional shot! I like that re-lot of somy's apartements there although I see it kinda need some more space since it crossed the wall...  also nice work on rural areas!

romualdillo

The region shot looks fantastic!!! I really want to see a closer look to the harbour!!!

belfastsocrates

Absolutely fantastic, the level of detail is very impressive. I love that lake marina as well. I must give that a go myself
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

art128

Shark7: Don't worry, those aren't apartment but hotels. (hot spring) I will take more detailed screenshot of the airfield soon. Also yes the buildings are relotted.
Vester: Sorry Arne, no trains in this update... Maybe the next one, who knows.
Kisa Atsuko: Not really, the building is meant to overhang on the slope.
romualdillo: Sure thing. Will come in the next update.

So, I was a bit bored and couldn't really get what I wanted in the Japanese region, so I created a new flatland and just tried out a few things with different style.

For now, here's an Paris themed city. I didn't instal a new NAM so the cars are left hand drive. I also left the Japanese street mods installed because otherwise the streets and roads are just too empty for my taste.  Click the pictures for 1280*720.

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

kelis

Mi amigo !!! I really like your new japanese region, that map is very realistic !! I hope you keep working on that.

.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

belfastsocrates

It's looking very well so far. I'm not sure about those power lines on the roads though. I think they take away from the 'European' style of the city

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

carlfatal

Like other readers I must say: it is always a pleasure to look in here. But this makes it even harder to find words...  $%Grinno$%

Particulary I LOVE the last Japanese region shot, and yeah, I also would like to see a bigger and deeper sink into version...  :thumbsup:

And when I did read your comment to the train skins and Photoshopping. I think, it was marsh´s work years ago, and I remember some discussions about how much photoshopping should be allowed. I always tended to say: Allowed is, what I find eyepleasing. And to use "faked" train skins is possibly the best way to deal with this game, to get real good pictures. And since we all here play this old game like others play maybe their model railways (I am asking myself, if this can be called "playing" anymore, we also could call it computer art), I think, everything is allowed, that shows creativity and passion to one´s hobby. There should be no other border.

And so the same I can say about you left hand drive Paris: Well done, my friend, and if you wouldn´t have mentioned, I wouldn´t have seen, that you indeed used the Japanese street mod here. And it looks good.  $%Grinno$%

vortext

Here I was anticipating a New England region so this was even more of a surprise!

The powerlines are a bit odd in a European city indeed, though if I squint my eyes I can imagine an extensive trolley bus network.  $%Grinno$% 

Great work! Wondering what you'll come up with next!  :thumbsup:

time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

belfastsocrates

Quote from: vortext on November 18, 2014, 10:23:35 AM
I can imagine an extensive trolley bus network.   

You know I was thinking the same thing, the lines could work as a trolleybus system....a rather extensive one at that.

c.p.

Kind of amazing how you can go from a top-notch Japanese region to a top-notch Parisian city.  It looks great as does your last Japanese update. :thumbsup:

vester

Quote from: c.p. on November 19, 2014, 08:59:22 AM
Kind of amazing how you can go from a top-notch Japanese region to a top-notch Parisian city.  It looks great as does your last Japanese update. :thumbsup:

I do second that. Really nice Parisian city.

noahclem

Exciting new project Arthur  &apls &apls  You're off to a promising start!