• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your... futuristic-science fiction cities and space colonies

Started by Terring7, March 28, 2010, 09:46:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terring7

Do you like building mad cities from the future? With vertical farms, spaceships and exotic skyscrapers? How about colonies on planet Mars? Now every futurist will have a nice topic to share with us his/her best out-of-this-world creations. Here is a small collection of older images.

Antigravity racers ;D

Astropolis (never complete ()sad() )

Spicross (also not complete ()sad() )

Aristarchus Space Center ()stsfd()

Domeville ()stsfd()

More science fiction stuff are coming soon :)
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

SlimShady

Wow!!! Domeville looks sweet!  ;D  How did you do that and what mod did you use?

blade2k5

Pretty creative.  I have a ton of the futuristic lots/bats including everything you've shown except the antigravity racers.  I particularly liked your spaceport. :thumbsup:

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio
dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Old fisherman never die, they just smell that way.

Terring7

Quote from: SlimShady on March 28, 2010, 01:08:11 PM
Wow!!! Domeville looks sweet!  ;D  How did you do that and what mod did you use?

Sim-Board ;D

Quote from: blade2k5 on March 28, 2010, 02:02:31 PMPretty creative.  I have a ton of the futuristic lots/bats including everything you've shown except the antigravity racers.  I particularly liked your spaceport. :thumbsup:

Thanks &blush

Some months ago i build a village on a pyramid, called "Village Hill".

I didn't like the result however, so i rebuilt it. Here are some images...

The town itself

Industries

Houses and shops

Antigravity racers

Small spaceport

Last image

Hope that you like it :)
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

sim-al2

Some kind of multi-port.  ;D

This second one was supposed to be another space port but it wasn't completed.
(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")

Terring7

Very nice sim-al2 :thumbsup:

Now this is something out of this world ;D
SPACE ELEVATOR!!

(The second image is from Celestia)
The Choice is Ours
---

Rady

Looks great! Can someone just tell me - where would I want to look to find that spaceport stuff like spaceships, ....?

And that dome is really great!!!  &apls &apls &apls
If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It's much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.

Visit my BAT thread: Slow BAT steady - Rady's first BAT attemtps

fafalone

http://www.yuhisa.com/cgi/c-board/c-board.cgi is the best place to start. It's all in Japanese, so unless you speak it you should put that URL into a translator.

Terring7

Be careful however, some of those cool creations has bugs and may crash your game. For example, the space elevator will crash your game when you are going to build it, because of a missing file. Find the file (it's not very difficult) and the space elevator will work :thumbsup:
The Choice is Ours
---

Terring7

Some months ago i proposed an idea at Simtropolis about a new, alternative way to build skyscraper districts without the "urban jungle" effect. Because i don't agree with this...

... i will prefer this ;D

Please don't complain for the Maxis plazas and the buildings themselves, i just use them to give you an idea...
The Choice is Ours
---

JeeKTan

Can you guys give a download link for the BATs because i want to use them.

Believe it or not, Haruhi Suzumiya is actually autistic :P
Simcity 4 Multiplayer Mode is now live : http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=11945.0
Visit Northport : http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=11746.0
Take part in BlueHope The New Interactive Journal : http://bluehopecj.freeforums.org/index.php

Terring7

Except of the Sim-Board, you will also find plenty of futuristic stuff at Simtropolis.com :)
The Choice is Ours
---

dobdriver

Terring7

The Choice is Ours
---

Terring7

More images from a futuristic town. Not something special, but i hope that you like them :)

Who need bus?

Underground shops

An ordinary scenery of an ordinary town... somewhere into the future

A nice and quiet neighborhood

The Choice is Ours
---

blade2k5

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio
dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Old fisherman never die, they just smell that way.

FrankU

Hi Terring,

The cityimages in reply #9 remind me of the cities full of arcologies that are usually the end stage of SC2000 cities. Did you ever play that game?

And how's your cylinder world going?

Terring7

I didn't play Simcity 2000 but i know about the arcologies, especially those that get launched into space for colonizing new worlds :) . There were also proportions about arcologies in Simcity 3000, but never made them ()sad() . The cylinder world is not ready yet, i still make some calculations for it, and still test the Terraformer... and still be in the Navy :'(
The Choice is Ours
---

Terring7

A new version of Domeville

Spaceport in a park. Bad idea in the real world of the 21st century, but maybe a reality of the 41st century ;D

The Choice is Ours
---

Terring7

The Choice is Ours
---