• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BSC LEX Downloader

Started by wouanagaine, May 21, 2007, 11:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeST

I am getting an error when I try to start the program, even after restarting the system and reinstalling the tool:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "BSC LEX Downloader.py", line 1, in ?
  File "zipextimporter.pyo", line 82, in load_module
  File "wx\__init__.pyo", line 45, in ?
  File "wx\_core.pyo", line 4, in ?
  File "zipextimporter.pyo", line 98, in load_module
ImportError: MemoryLoadLibrary failed loading wx\_core_.pyd

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

wouanagaine

Quote from: star.torturer on May 28, 2008, 06:28:29 AM
I am getting an error when I try to start the program, even after restarting the system and reinstalling the tool:
  File "BSC LEX Downloader.py", line 1, in ?
  File "wx\__init__.pyo", line 45, in ?
  File "wx\_core.pyo", line 4, in ?
  File "zipextimporter.pyo", line 98, in load_module
ImportError: MemoryLoadLibrary failed loading wx\_core_.pyd

Joe

You'll need msvcp71.dll and gdiplus.dll

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

JoeST

Thanks for the quick reply, tho I am sure I have them from before... I will get them again :)

EDIT: nope... I have them now... but they arnt working... WOOOOOOOO it works now :)

Joe

Meastro444

is it possible to make the downloaded list alfabetical? i am having a hard time finding the correct items.
Friend of the Certified Drama Queen :)

wouanagaine

alfabetical like in alphabetical ? :)

maybe, I'm also willing to only show the outdated history list instead of all your download list

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

Marekus1

G'Day and thanks for a great tool.
One urgent sugestion. There is a need for us to mass select items in the "download list" so as to enable mass deleation.
My situation "like a great many window users" is that I have had the need to reinstall every thing during a spring clean(a planed {this time at least} reinstall) I wanted to start reinstalling SC4 from scratch (I have copies of my plugin folders) but since so much of what I had has been superceeded and/or rolled into mega patches it seems the prudent thing to do.

BUT In the download history I had 33 pages of previosly downloaded stuff that I wanted to redo, and to click each item( in effect a 2 click process even when using keyboard Accessibility/Mouse shortcuts) was a very tedious chore (and dull).

This is mearly a sugestion (longed for) not a complaint as even as basic as the "BSC LEX Downloader" is it is a great time saver. VERY WELL Done.

Regards Marekus1

wouanagaine

I've uploaded a new version !

• crypted password ( so you'll have to reenter your password the first time )
  • download only new&outdated files option ( instead of downloading 30 pages of files ). It will also give a relief to the LEX server btw
  • sorting files by name or by date ( by ID in fact )
  • optional result file parsing from cleanitol instead of using the download list of the LEX ( very handy ), if cleanitol complains about missing dependencies, just use the _result.txt from it and it will download all missing files automatically ( only the LEX one of course ) just enter the file before login
  • select/deselect all files in one click
  • tooltips ballon over buttons etc..

New Horizons Productions

CasperVg

Thanks alot, wounagaine! I'm off to download it now... I wonder if the old LEX Downloader would allow me to download the new one  ::)
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

wouanagaine

Quote from: caspervg on October 15, 2008, 04:01:17 AM
Thanks alot, wounagaine! I'm off to download it now... I wonder if the old LEX Downloader would allow me to download the new one  ::)
Of course, but it will not auto install it :)

New Horizons Productions

JoeST

if only

and wow that is an exelent changelog wou :)

Joe

martintallon

Hi, I hope somebody still reads this thread. I'm recovering from a system crash and as a few others have stated my download list is massive and the program freezes on list load, I was wondering if a patch that makes all files unchecked on load would fix the load freeze issue? I know nothing about editing config files in this format to test my idea.

Back again with update;  uncheck button freezes system with large file list, after unchecking 1/2 of files program works beautiful. I definitely believe an uncheck patch will fix the lockup issue.
From the book "Footfall"
Necessity isn't the mother of invention, the scifi writer is. Someone reads a book and says I can make that work and they do it.

MOREOPTIONS

Hello everyone, Hope all is well.  I am having to start all over.. my backup is history, and didn't make a disk yet for my plugins,, so now i have re installed all in new system, and have a problem...
i have the DLL's installed per the download page. but I cant get this thing to go...  as i need to re download files/  thank you God Bless

File "BSC LEX Downloader.py", line 235, in OnLogin
  File "BSC LEX Downloader.py", line 543, in getHistoryList
  File "BSC LEX Downloader.py", line 474, in openUrl
  File "urllib2.pyo", line 130, in urlopen
  File "urllib2.pyo", line 358, in open
  File "urllib2.pyo", line 376, in _open
  File "urllib2.pyo", line 337, in _call_chain
  File "urllib2.pyo", line 1021, in http_open
  File "urllib2.pyo", line 996, in do_open
urllib2.URLError: <urlopen error (10060, 'Operation timed out')>

I have this problem, and have also replaced the DLL's///  most of the time the program jest hangs,,, sometimes will connect.. but most of the time it saying program not responding...  I have a new hard drive and need to try to re download my plugins to

deadwoods

I just downloaded this and the current Norton AV doesn't like it....

Nice false positive Mr Norton (actually Mr Symantec, I don't think Peter Norton's been involved for a long time)!

Now to go and un-quarantine it.
David, aka deadwoods

j-dub

Yeah, I have had yellow before, what a nightmare that was. Believe me though, Kaspersky, McAfee is no better. There is so much stuff in the gaming world in general, that all these guys keep screwing up, and can't get their facts straight.

Flash

Hello All,

I'm trying to rebuild my files and I found this great program, however, an issue has surfaced.

The program doesn't always clear its download list. For instance, I downloaded all of c.p. files, but while I moved on to download other files, CP Map Grand Canyon remains. Samething is happenning to CAL Murphy's Pub BSC.

Anyway to remove these?

Thanks

Gurps5791

Hello.
I installed BSC LEX Downloader, and both .dll (in C:Windows/system32), but when i try to start it I receive this message:

File "BSC LEX Downloader.py", line 29, in ?
  File "config.pyo", line 15, in __init__
UnicodeDecodeError: 'unicodeescape' codec can't decode bytes in position 7-12: end of string in escape sequence

PC with Windows XP SP3 fully updated...
Help is welcome!

johnsonwoo