• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Growing Empty Lots and How to Correct them

Started by RippleJet, April 02, 2007, 01:40:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptCity

Quote from: RippleJet on August 16, 2009, 10:03:20 AM
If possible, I would also appreciate if anybody would know who made the following bats:

• Hong Wang Akamanji Cybernetics
  • Masa Aioi
  • Acchi SakuranoDepartmentStore
  • Osaka Marubiru

A few of these I recognize and have. I've given the names that I managed to find to identify them, but I 'm not sure if that is the actual names of the creator. I've also given links to sites where I found them.

* The 'Acchi SakuranoDepartmentStore' I have in my Acchi folder. This is the site http://scssdl.inukubou.com/. That particular department store isn't up on the site, but I do know there were several other files that had previously been available but aren't any more. Perhaps because of the empty lot issue.

* The Osaka Marubiru building I found at the same site as some of the lots listed for CloSpider in the Japanese Gallery thread. This is the site http://kurokumoitiba.hide-yoshi.net/ (using the BAT link). I also noticed that the same lot is listed under BlackSpider in the second Japanese Gallery.

*The Masa Aioi building I have under the name of Masa along with many other bats. This was also a Japanese maker, but I can't seem to find the site at this time. I'll keep trying to dig it up.

* The Hong Wang Akamanji Cybernetics building I have as being made by Yuhisa (same as 2ch.net Simplayer I think). I believe I found it on this site http://www.yuhisa.com/cgi/c-board/c-board.cgi?cmd=one;page=1;id=

Hope some of this helps. As I mentioned, these names are names that I managed to find. I'm not sure how accurate they are since they are Japanese makers, and I may not have accurate in some of my assumptions.

sithlrd98

I think you are correct as I did get a few off of Simboard a while back! I really need to start keeping track of where I get these! I also went to a Korean site (SC4 labs???) and found a few...I will get them together. Also , since I have not had a lot of time to mess with fixing them (many other things attracting my short attention) and I was unsure if Nate was coming back, I did fix Hattori clockmakers.

Jayson

RippleJet

CaptCity

I finally found the link to the Masa_Aioi building. It's on this site http://sim-ism.nsf.jp/ using the BAT link in the box in the upper right corner. It's the third BAT down (dated 2007/03/19).

sithlrd98

OK, here is the issue a lot of files at..SC4Labs have many issues. Of course , one is there are many that Grow on empty lots , but the other was that the way they are named makes it almost  impossible to open in Reader , for that you need to rename them then open in Datgen. They also are all in .rar format. Here is an example of one that I got a while back. http://cafe.naver.com/sc4labs.cafe?iframe_url=/ArticleRead.nhn%3Farticleid=153 Here is a link to how to use the site http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=7999.msg253346#msg253346

I will try and go back through and find/report the ones that are blank lots.Anyone who goes there to download , just remember that some of these do contribute to this problem!

Jayson

RippleJet

Quote from: CaptCity on August 16, 2009, 12:02:04 PM
It's on this site http://sim-ism.nsf.jp/ using the BAT link in the box in the upper right corner.

Thanks again, Charlie!
I've downloaded all bats by Masa and added the following which grow as landmarks on empty lots:

Building Exemplar Name     
Jobs
   Container file where Building Exemplar can be found     Uploaded by
Blank_CO$$$
   Masa_Asahi-Hall_f2cd093b.SC4LotMasa
Blank_CO$$$
   Masa_Asahi-Tower_52da46a2.SC4LotMasa
Blank_CO$$
   Masa_Zakkyo-03_733056d3.SC4LotMasa
Blank_CO$$
   Masa_Zakkyo-01_f2fffeee.SC4LotMasa
Blank_CO$$
   Masa_Saitama-Risona_93027c6c.SC4LotMasa
Blank_CO$$
   Masa_Zakkyo-02_b31dd141.SC4LotMasa
Blank_CO$$
   Masa_Aioi_d30af387.SC4LotMasa
Blank_CS$$
   Masa_Tengu_CS$$_50b1d6fa.SC4LotMasa
Blank_CS$$
   Masa_Kuroneko_12e91759.SC4LotMasa
Blank_CS$
   Masa_Hokkahokka_b302d270.SC4LotMasa
Blank_CS$
   Masa_Shabon_5302d300.SC4LotMasa
Blank_CS$
   Masa_White-Kyubin_3302d392.SC4LotMasa
Blank_CS$
   Masa_Warawara_b302d431.SC4LotMasa

RippleJet

sithlrd98

Yup, all of them were built on Blank RCI lots!

Jayson

RippleJet

I need to open a Rush section here... ::) :D
I'll download them and add their Japanese names to the lists tonight. ;)

Unfortunately virtually all functional landmarks made in Japan are based on Ralphie's blank lots...

Thanks again Trio3D! :thumbsup:

sithlrd98

Hey Tage, I was wondering if not only we could get them removed from ST, but ...and I have not checked , didn't someone over at Force remake a set with the proper values? I have noticed that the last 6-12 months, the lots released over there have been for the most part , blank lot free.I know there are still a bunch of lots out there..I didn't even think to check hdorrikers lots as I don't use them , so that was a great catch Trio3D.

Jayson

SC4BOY

Lets not push any kind of "knee-jerk" reaction! While it is mildly annoying to have an empty lot grow now and then, its hardly a "game stopper". There are far more noisome issues that need to be attacked in SC4 before we take up the torches and pitchforks and storm the town.

sithlrd98

()what() Was that directed towards me? Tage has merely been collecting these and others , like yourself, are helping to find/repair. Although this is not the main issue with modding of content , it is a very annoying problem that should be addressed.

Jayson

KoV Liberty

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

RippleJet

Quote from: sithlrd98 on August 25, 2009, 05:49:45 AM
and I have not checked , didn't someone over at Force remake a set with the proper values? I have noticed that the last 6-12 months, the lots released over there have been for the most part , blank lot free.

We owe Masuda san a lot for informing the Japanese community about these! &apls
Unfortunately there's nobody having corresponding influence regarding uploads on STEX.
I haven't seen a single update of any of these on STEX since I first published the list over there almost 3 years ago.

Most of them, such as hdorriker, have long been gone, so not much to do about those.
Bobbo662 did blocked all of his, but unfortunately hasn't been able to update and reupload them yet...

The most recent uploader of such lots on STEX is darknono35,
who seems to have made some progress after I directed him to the corresonding thread at ST.

Quote from: sithlrd98 on August 25, 2009, 05:49:45 AM
I didn't even think to check hdorrikers lots as I don't use them , so that was a great catch Trio3D.

I knew about hdorriker's lots since before.
They are in the lists, but I had obviously missed the one that Trio3D found.

sithlrd98

Quote from: RippleJet on August 25, 2009, 01:55:53 PM
I knew about hdorriker's lots since before.
They are in the lists, but I had obviously missed the one that Trio3D found.

Well...the list is a little long  ::)  Great job keeping it up!

Jayson

SC4BOY

Next candidate.. I've looked through my plugins and can't find an obvious candidate.. I'll keep searching for the "culprit" and let all know if I can identify it.. In the meantime I'm posting this in case someone else knows of it. It is as can be seen an R$$ of max capacity 500.

The only search that I did that even showed promise is SOMY Patio 46 (mainly because 1. Its a japanese lot and 2. it has the "46" in it) If anyone has other search parameters that I should look for, let me know. If it is "patio 46" I am not sure where I got it .. but probably from a japanese site. If that is the culprit, it is probably file R$$5x5-somy-patios46_f4a7ebd3.SC4Lot

OK it MAY BE the file with this link picture at this site

If its already in the list.. sorry as I was not sure what it is.

sithlrd98

Yep, that one is on the list. However, I believe Tage still want's to get a look at the version you are showing.

Jayson

RippleJet

Quote from: sithlrd98 on August 26, 2009, 06:01:10 AM
Yep, that one is on the list. However, I believe Tage still want's to get a look at the version you are showing.

Yes please!
As Jayson mentioned earlier, SOMY updated that lot February 5th.

However, the only file that was updated within the zip seems to be this:
patios46-dummy-0x6534284a-0x94a7aaf4-0xb4a7e7bb.SC4Desc

That's the invisible growable building exemplar.
Thus, SC4BOY, could you send me that file, or preferably the whole original zip file?

The version that is now available for download does not grow on empty lots. ;)

SC4BOY

Quote from: sithlrd98 on August 25, 2009, 12:58:33 PM
()what() Was that directed towards me? ... it is a very annoying problem that should be addressed.

Haha.. well that post was somewhat tongue-in-cheek.. perhaps I should have decorated it with smilies.. But I guess my point is (as is pointed out by Tage re: Masuda-san) is to develop allies with superior reputations at the sites in question, not the storming of the Bastille :)  .. And with respect to your last comment.. I think we ARE "address[ing]" it. And in truth.. I mean really.. is it really THAT ANNOYING????? A quick smack with the bulldozer and its gone.. probably the least annoying of all the SC4 "problems" that I can think of. Naturally I agree it deserves attention and I think we are doing that.

Quote from: RippleJet on August 26, 2009, 07:03:10 AM
Yes please!
patios46-dummy-0x6534284a-0x94a7aaf4-0xb4a7e7bb.SC4Desc

That's the invisible growable building exemplar.
Thus, SC4BOY, could you send me that file, or preferably the whole original zip file?

The version that is now available for download does not grow on empty lots. ;)

Will do.. I'll email (DONE) it to you (I assume you got the last one I sent "Meiji Bldg"?.. if not let me know and I'll send it a different way).  I also looked through my install of that lot and I DO HAVE the *-dummy-* lot in my plugins so its possible that that was the one that was growing instead of the other one.

BTW I did do ANOTHER search of this thread and didn't find this lot listed, so that's why I didn't find it before. Is there a seperate list somewhere? Or was it removed because it had been corrected at the dl site?

I got the file on Feb 4 '08 so its good that it is fixed. I suppose now I need to re-download them  and overwrite my files :). Its interesting that I apparently dl'd it the day before he updated it  ()what() Just my luck.. LOL

RippleJet

Quote from: SC4BOY on August 26, 2009, 11:53:47 AM
Will do.. I'll email (DONE) it to you

The one you sent is unfortunately the same, which is now available for download.
That dummy file is dated February 1st, 2008, whereas the other files in that zip file are dated January 26th and 27th.

In other words, you have downloaded the updated lot, but probably haven't removed the original files... &mmm
The original file, which grows on empty lots, would in that case be in some other file... &mmm
Not knowing its filename, the only clue would be to look for files having a date matching the other files... January 26th or 27th.

Quote from: SC4BOY on August 26, 2009, 11:53:47 AM
(I assume you got the last one I sent "Meiji Bldg"?.. if not let me know and I'll send it a different way). 

Yes, your version was in fact identical to one of those Jayson sent me.
Both versions of the Meiji building were added to the lists with the latest update. ;)