• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Growing Empty Lots and How to Correct them

Started by RippleJet, April 02, 2007, 01:40:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RippleJet

Quote from: SC4BOY on June 11, 2008, 07:43:47 AM
If more info is needed, just ask.

Yes, please! :D

The query shown is for the CAMeLot Counter Small Park (a 3x3 park lot),
displaying the name "CAMeLot Counter Small Park".

The CAMeLot counter you've got is the Roundabout Counter (a 2x2 park lot),
which should display the name "CAMeLot Counter Roundabout Statue".

What query is shown if you click on the CAMeLot Counter within the roundabout?

None of the CAMeLot Counters have buildings extending over the edges,
and thus wouldn't be able to cause the Immortal Lot Syndrome...

That could also be verified if you're able to bulldoze both the empty lot and the CAMeLot counter.
What kind of zone has that empty lot grown on? Commercial?
Are there any people working in that lot? (try the commute query).

That empty lot looks "emptier" than any ingame lots I've seen growing with empty custom landmarks...
All ingame lots have at least some props, whereas this lot only has got textures.

The conclusion of all this would be that someone has made a custom growable lot from the CAMeLot Small Park... ???
Otherwise I can't understand how someone would have managed to use both the CAMeLot Counter query 0xF3590425,
and the UVNK for the CAMeLot Counter Small Park, 0x2026960B, 0x6A386D26, 0x939D9795.

SC4BOY

Quote from: RippleJet on June 11, 2008, 12:33:40 PM
Yes, please! :D

The query shown is for the CAMeLot Counter Small Park (a 3x3 park lot),
displaying the name "CAMeLot Counter Small Park".

The CAMeLot counter you've got is the Roundabout Counter (a 2x2 park lot),
which should display the name "CAMeLot Counter Roundabout Statue".

What query is shown if you click on the CAMeLot Counter within the roundabout?

The standard Roundabout query

QuoteNone of the CAMeLot Counters have buildings extending over the edges,
and thus wouldn't be able to cause the Immortal Lot Syndrome...

That could also be verified if you're able to bulldoze both the empty lot and the CAMeLot counter.
What kind of zone has that empty lot grown on? Commercial?
Are there any people working in that lot? (try the commute query).

All items around it (buildings, plaza, street, roundabout, and statue can all be deleted without apparent issues
Medium Commercial
No people working there.. a note.. the query "square" shows GOLD (just as it does on the counter), not blue

QuoteThat empty lot looks "emptier" than any ingame lots I've seen growing with empty custom landmarks...
All ingame lots have at least some props, whereas this lot only has got textures.

The conclusion of all this would be that someone has made a custom growable lot from the CAMeLot Small Park... ???
Otherwise I can't understand how someone would have managed to use both the CAMeLot Counter query 0xF3590425,
and the UVNK for the CAMeLot Counter Small Park, 0x2026960B, 0x6A386D26, 0x939D9795.

Can't really respond to that.. the lot was dl'd from the LEX and the counter file (Colossus_Roundabout_939d511d.SC4Lot) is dated 8/20/2007

RippleJet

Quote from: SC4BOY on June 11, 2008, 01:35:23 PM
Can't really respond to that.. the lot was dl'd from the LEX and the counter file (Colossus_Roundabout_939d511d.SC4Lot) is dated 8/20/2007

But the problem is not the CAMeLot counter in the roundabout, is it?
Try to bulldoze it and query the empty lot again.

Then, plop the CAMeLot Counter Small Park elsewhere in your city and see what it looks like.
Use the cheat to enable it if you haven't been rewarded it yet.
I'm pretty sure it'll look the way it should, on a 3x3 lot.

The empty 2x3 lot did not come from the CAMeLot upload.
A park without jobs cannot grow as a landmark on an empty lot,
even if it would have the appropriate building family (which it doesn't).

None of this still says anything about why you've had the lot growing,
who made it and where it's downloaded from though... &Thk/(

SC4BOY

Quote from: RippleJet on June 11, 2008, 02:53:21 PM
But the problem is not the CAMeLot counter in the roundabout, is it?
Try to bulldoze it and query the empty lot again.

I can delete, and even dezone, all  lots around it and as long as I don't bulldoze it, it still retains the counter query

QuoteThen, plop the CAMeLot Counter Small Park elsewhere in your city and see what it looks like.
Use the cheat to enable it if you haven't been rewarded it yet.
I'm pretty sure it'll look the way it should, on a 3x3 lot.

All Counter parks give the appropriate query when plopped elsewhere..

QuoteThe empty 2x3 lot did not come from the CAMeLot upload.
A park without jobs cannot grow as a landmark on an empty lot,
even if it would have the appropriate building family (which it doesn't).

I perhaps phrased that poorly.. I mean I dl'd the cam lots from LEX.. since I don't know what the mystery lot is, I don't know where it may have come from. Be a devilish thing to do if someone purposely made a "empty growable" with a camelot query.. hehe

QuoteNone of this still says anything about why you've had the lot growing,
who made it and where it's downloaded from though... &Thk/(

Agreed

RippleJet

Quote from: SC4BOY on June 11, 2008, 03:49:08 PM
Be a devilish thing to do if someone purposely made a "empty growable" with a camelot query.. hehe

Indeed! $%Grinno$%
If it's a publicly available lot, let's hope someone else would have it grow and help us track it down... %confuso

If you track it down yourself, I'd be very keen to know about it.
One thing to look for would be the property Query exemplar GUID with the value 0xF3590425.

One way of doing that would be to datpack each folder in your plugin separately.
Then search each datpacked file for a property containing that value (can be done in Reader).

Once found, and not being the CAMeLot Counters, you'd know which folder to look in.
Then check each individual file in that folder looking for the same Query exemplar GUID value of 0xF3590425.

marros

asked whether the building Marubiru Osaka, is included among those emerging in empty lots.

RippleJet

Quote from: marros on July 05, 2008, 10:35:47 AM
asked whether the building Marubiru Osaka, is included among those emerging in empty lots.

Obviously not... who made it and where can Marubiru Osaka be downloaded?

marros

ripplejet, you send the file by email, because they do not find the name of the page where the download was that there was a list of pages that Eastern had placed on Friday at the homepage of this website.

jestarr

Maru Biru Osaka was made by a Japanese BATter.  It's on the SimCity Force site.

RippleJet

Thanks marros for the file.
I have it on my harddisk and will take a look at it after my vacation, first week of August.

Quote from: jestarr on July 06, 2008, 05:44:27 AM
Maru Biru Osaka was made by a Japanese BATter.  It's on the SimCity Force site.

Would you have a link to it, jestarr? :)

SC4BOY

Quote from: RippleJet on July 07, 2008, 11:11:30 AM
Thanks marros for the file.
I have it on my harddisk and will take a look at it after my vacation, first week of August.

Would you have a link to it, jestarr? :)

This it? I have no indication if this has a problem.. The above never mentions he had a problem, just that he had dl'd it.
http://kamurai.sakura.ne.jp/editbbs/data/SC4/1214838855909014/OsakaMarubiru.zip

edit: I have confirmed it is growable plop.. it has appeared several times on me since I wrote this

Rayden

This is the one, linked above by SC4BOY

marros

I was using the trick of buildingplop to find out if it was true that a lot came out empty, and come up empty except files, 0xd5748cd0_cs $ $ $ marubiru osaka, which I think is the plop, I leave as an image of the game, I believe that leaving a vacuum growables

xxdita

I think I see the problem.  ;D

I think it's safe to add this one to the list. Thanks Marros!

marros

este problema se puede corregir?, o definitivamente hay que eliminarlo de los plugins?, saludos.

RippleJet

Quote from: marros on July 08, 2008, 10:08:57 AM
este problema se puede corregir?, o definitivamente hay que eliminarlo de los plugins?, saludos.

Of course it's possible to correct it! :thumbsup:
There is a tutorial on the first page of this thread... ::)

For this one only one thing would need to be fixed:
- The property Building/prop Family (with value 0x4000003B) needs to be deleted.

Since the Parent Cohort is already set at 0,0,0 and the Exemplar Type is existent, those need no additional fixing.

Quote from: xxdita on July 08, 2008, 01:40:19 AM
I think it's safe to add this one to the list. Thanks Marros!

Definitely! :)
Before adding it, we need to know who made the lot... Do we know that? %confuso

marros

hello again, because I'm downloading files and trying, whenever I meet emerging files in empty lots, this time I met with the following file: CO $ $ 8 4x5 Kepco of the building, brings this download two files one if but not this goes right, if not already in this list that have about these buildings, leaving an image, because I do not have the name of the page where the download, which is just east and was on the list Pages eastern que salio on this page.

xxdita

That's the only way we'll be able to track them all down, Marros, by testing out as much as possible.  ;)

And on that note: one more to figure out.

Just had it grow last night. Need to check my plugins for it.

CasperVg

I guess it must be a huge building, according to the job count...  ::)
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

SC4BOY

There's a report on ST that THIS FILE may be a problem.. though the "research" isn't complete yet