• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Krasner BAT thread

Started by Krasner, September 08, 2016, 02:11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bombardiere

I like your style and that these come from specific real life environment. A big plus for HD  :thumbsup: And another plus for catering for grungy low wealth. :) Many Batter focus in shiny skyscraper or fancy classical buildings and while these are great additions, I love to see more down to earth Bats too. ;)

The factory is my favourite, because I can use it many SC4 city styles.

I haven't been playing my French city for months, but I will download your Bats for side street besides of the Hausmanian boulevards.

However, as some other have pointed, your previews show your models being very dark. SC4 palette is very light and desaturated.  Some have speculated that is it because Maxis was based in Californian sun. :D 

Krasner

@praiodan Thank you !

@eggman121 Thanks  ;D In fact going into a modular option with that is really a good idea. I was thinking for a while about making modular "skin-things" to bring together several  elevated rail viaducts into large banks like there are many around my home : https://www.google.fr/maps/@45.7463059,4.8368644,105a,35y,180h,39.47t/data=!3m1!1e3 Or here : https://www.google.fr/maps/@45.770414,4.8606811,129a,35y,270h,39.46t/data=!3m1!1e3

Something like that could come with a modular bridge, but I have many things to finish before... Another hypothetcal idea.

@brick_mortimer Thanks  ;D

@feyss Thank you !

@Simmer2 Thank you too !

@Girafe Thank you ! Yes this mod seemed awesome... But now it's lost. Better to forget about it.

In fact there aren't any bump map here. It looked good to me so I've exported it like that but you should tell me whatyou think  ;)

@Simcoug Thank you ;D About the (possibly) modular option, read the response I wrote for eggman. Hypothetical for the moment so. It can be used for 7.5m holes as well but the arch becomes very low.

@Akallan Thank you my friend  $%Grinno$% I'll see about a modular option...

@mattb325 Thanks ! I've exported it without modification and it feels good settled into a proper context to me, but you should tell me  ;)

@bombardiere Thank you  ;D I've always loved decaying places.

Please note : As I said the fisrt bridge over the railway is Manchou's, it's lost and it would'nt be published

So I've exported it without any modification and it feels rather good to me... Happily the LODs are good and the stone parapets swallow the NAM railing nicely  :satisfied:

That will certainly come out individually, I want to concentrate on other things now.
ANARCHIST !!

Simmer2

It looks wonderful. One wonders if its possible to change the Maxis sidewalk, on the bridge, to match the bridge textures.
________________________________________________________________________________

Krasner

Quote from: Simmer2 on June 20, 2017, 09:39:39 AM
It looks wonderful. One wonders if its possible to change the Maxis sidewalk, on the bridge, to match the bridge textures.

Thank you  ;D The sidewalk is not part of my bridge itself, it's NAM elevated road. That only depends of your sidewalk mod  ;)
ANARCHIST !!

Akallan

The bridge in real situation is just breathtaking, not counting on your MMP work which is gorgeous too!  :thumbsup:
My CJ :

My european road textures project : S N T - v.2.1

Bipin

Great work - Bravo!  :thumbsup:

Krasner

@Akallan Thank you again my friend  ;D

@Bipin Merci  ;)

I think that I'm done -completely this time- with modeling for the puzzle factory project  :) I made four 1X1 pieces to connect multiple halls, and some other things including an art-deco overseer's pavilion and a STR entry as it was asked. Here's an exemple featuring all the pieces made up to today :

The (more or less) 1920's art-deco pavilion with its nightlights :

And details :

And I also made most of the icons :

Everything is lotted so the last part then is the two prop families for the basic piece, it has 3 alternates in total now (Basic piece, I mean the one without extras - except for the catwalk part which has 3 alternates as well). And then the MML. But the fact is that I have still many other things concerning SC4 to finish apart from this puzzle factory, and some will become quite urgent... (Yes, I have real mandatory deadlines for some. But that's a secret !) Added to that I will certainly be employed in september, consequently I will have much less time to dedicate to all this  /wrrd%&

As I quickly evoked on Simtropolis, to be honest I'm familiar with some depressive symptoms (but don't worry  :) I have easy-access good company now). The thing is I'd like to give the final push to this long project, I now how much of a procrastinator I can be and yet I'm quite tired of it. I may be presomptous, but if someone is ready to make the prop families and the MML that would be really, really nice.
ANARCHIST !!

Akallan

Good job, you even thought about the STR, the whole is really good! :popcorn:
My CJ :

My european road textures project : S N T - v.2.1

Golhbul

It's just wonderfull.

But in picture4 the texture of wall is different... Is it normal?

G.

Nanami

Nice set of modular industrial area! reveal the secret please.... ;)

Krasner

Cough cough cough...

(echoing voice) Wow, that place has been abandonned for so long...

Sorry  :-[ It seems that I somehow, forgot at first to also update the topic here... Then I noticed but just kept going... It's so time consuming to update the same subject three times each time  :'(

Obviously, for the upcomming news there will be a revival here  :-[
ANARCHIST !!

Krasner

I thought that I didn't make enough of these small fictionnal angles yet - there's still some inspiration to draw from these parts of Lyon  ::) This is WIP :

ANARCHIST !!

Simmer2

Good old and cozy European bar &apls

Nick
________________________________________________________________________________

feyss

Weird, it could fit in a Spanish town  :)

Great job, especially with this typical tiled floor  :thumbsup:

fantozzi

Quote from: Krasner on July 29, 2017, 05:29:32 AM
Added to that I will certainly be employed in september, consequently I will have much less time to dedicate to all this  /wrrd%&

As I quickly evoked on Simtropolis, to be honest I'm familiar with some depressive symptoms (but don't worry  :) I have easy-access good company now).

I have to say, lotting isn't the best therapy. Eating fruits and spent as much time as possible 'en plein air' did work for me. Winston Churchill called his depressions 'the black dog'.  Wish you the best to train your black dog so he becomes obedient to your commands. And thanks for the exciting bats. 

Krasner

Quote from: fantozzi on June 04, 2018, 06:47:51 AMI have to say, lotting isn't the best therapy. Eating fruits and spent as much time as possible 'en plein air' did work for me. Winston Churchill called his depressions 'the black dog'.  Wish you the best to train your black dog so he becomes obedient to your commands. And thanks for the exciting bats.

I guess no one can ever completely exorcise a depressive trait - our liberty lies here in a matter of attitude, indeed. Not a sickness or even a real enemy to the point I am now, kind of a partner. As long as it doesn't forbids me to lead my existence like I intend to lead it. And there's a meme as an interim conclusion :

Anyway thank you - and everyone else, for the replies  :thumbsup:

I'm almost done with this - I only needs a few more details and I'll export it and probably share it with an other small BAT I forgot somewhere for a long time.

ANARCHIST !!

brick_mortimer

Beautiful model!  &apls
I like the added floor and the fact you can see the old roofline clearly.
So realistic for older houses  ;D
Busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest
Me no coffee function without so good

Krasner

@brick_mortimer Thanks for the kind words  :thumbsup:

Now presenting for the first time here I think, what will most probably be my next upload - a 4X4 angle early 20th century factory, approximately from the 20's, inspired by the numerous similar ones that were still standing around my home in Lyon, rive gauche du Rhône, in the outskirts of the center and in the suburbs.

Lots of them have been torned down in the past decades when the developers started to realize that replacing them with cheap 8-10 floors apartment buildings was far more gainful than using them as warehouses. So that one is kind of an hommage, let's say  /wrrd%&

It will come out with one or two 1X4 extras based on the long shed on the right as Tyberius asked for it - which is a little wider than 1 tile, so it's part of the model.
ANARCHIST !!

PaPa-J

Nice! Like your texture work.
Lighten up, just enjoy life,
smile more, laugh more,
and don't get so worked up
about things.

vester

On the texture works.
You could try to play around with the layer blending modes (Photoshop) / Layer Modes (Gimp)
On The white washout layer at the top of the roof tiles I would use one of the options in the group starting with Overlay, Soft light....