• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Sheep49 attempts at BATting

Started by Sheep49, October 19, 2008, 03:25:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheep49

Yeah, I'm just a tester, but Casper allowed me to have my own thread. So welcome to the Sheep49's BAT world! If you want to laugh your head off, please come back again. :P

So, this is my first attempt at BATting, it's just a model without textures, that I was working on hardly for last 3 hours. Any comments on the shape would be welcomed. ;)

Please keep in mind thatit's my first BAT, and I haven't use any tutorial (well, besides making the roof :P). I would also like to thank Casper for helping me. :thumbsup:

See you!
Piotr
Polish support forum - Cafe Poland * SC4Wiki! * My BATting thread

I am he, as you are he, as you are me and we are all together... - I Am The Walrus, The Beatles

Simpson

My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

Sheep49

Progress...

I'm still not sure about that big roof part texture &mmm Any suggestions are welcome ;)

See you!
Piotr

I am he, as you are he, as you are me and we are all together... - I Am The Walrus, The Beatles

un1

Better than me already.  $%Grinno$% Nice work, can't wait to see more.

-un1

CasperVg

Looking pretty good, I'm still not convinced with how the arched roof is looking, however.
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

Fatsuhono

Piotr: Wow! :thumbsup: This is much better than my first BAT! I have an idea for the roof! ;) Duplicate the roof, by holding down "shift" when moving it, and use the "edit mesh" to move the vertex so that it fits in the original roof, but is longer than it from top view. Then click your original roof, under the "create" tab, choose a "compound objects", then choose "Boolean", and "pick operand B". Now click on your smaller roof. See if you like that! It works for me to create half-spheres and such... (or you could just delete some vertex... :-[)

Anyway, this BAT is looking great! I will be back for helping you with anything else my friend! :)

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Sheep49

@ Fatsuhono: Thanks! :thumbsup: That actually worked! But...

I've got some bad news for you sunshine. ()sad() My dad was (again ::)) trying new software on my PC, and of course he found an useless folder 'BAT'. As he has just downloaded the application that deletes, and I mean seriously deletes, folders, he decided to try it on that folder. You can guess what was next... :(

Anyway, since I'm a democratic man, I would like you to vote what building would you like more in SC4:
A) Sea Towers, Gdynia
or
B) St. Mary's Church, Gdańsk

Vote now ;) See you!
Piotr

art128

I'm sorry  ()sad()
but for the vote, I go for the
Sea Towers, Gdynia  :D ;D

Props & Texture Catalog

CasperVg

Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

threestooges

Piotr,

Sorry to hear about the loss of the files. I know how much works goes into each of these things. I'm glad to see you are taking it well though. As for your next project, I really like that church, but I'm going to vote for A. Best of luck on it.
-Matt

tadasu

Hello Piotr.
I remember Last fall. I had often got troubles.
I made new file write over important file. :'(

I vote "A".  I look forward to get your BAT :)
I learn BAT, But need to Learn English more...

tadasu's BAT thread
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=5413.0

Fatsuhono

I appreciate the Cathedral, but I must say that those towers look beautiful! :thumbsup: Let's go for the 'A'. Maybe I'll be inspired for making towers like that. I'm not good at that style... :P Oh, and I'm very sorry to hearing about you lost that BAT... But I have made stupider mistakes... lol. I once was going through to delete some BATs I didn't need, and clicked on a tower that I finished (I really loved it), but instead of canceling, I clicked 'delete'. :P And then, I emptied the recycle bin! :'(

So... Don't feel too bad. We all make mistakes. :)

Sheep49

Hey everyone! Long time no see! ;) I see everyone chose those Sea Towers. :) So I know what shall I do in the future :P

Here's my current project for my own needs ;) Welcome everyone to the Facade of Churchill Place's City Hall! :D

It's modernism all the way, isn't it? $%Grinno$% Now you can see what was I doing all the time today ;)
Piotr

art128

Props & Texture Catalog

Heblem

Sheep49

Thanks Arthur and Heblem for your nice comments :thumbsup:

Another view, this time the basic modelling is finished, and it includes the BAT preview ;)

Hope you liked it! :)
Piotr

Pat

hey piotr that is awesome!!! I truely like the progress here alot!!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

art128

Props & Texture Catalog

sim-al2

Very nice building so far. I can't wait to see it textured!  ;)
(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")