• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

How's the weather today (where you live)

Started by Vario80, June 09, 2007, 02:02:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kbieniu7

Huh, about 4-6 weeks ago we have similiar problem with snow on A2 motorway.
However today is rather warm. 4-5 C during the day, no fall, just some slices of the melting snow. I would never guess that's December, if I didn't know it.
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

Piteri

It's too frikin hot here. 21°F/-6°C I'm in my t-shirt and shorts.
This is the road from my home to the town.

Reginasunrae

I don't get 'round much to post daily weather updates but I declare, we've had a wild fall! We've had more wind than I've seen in almost twenty years, days on end of it blowing at anywhere from 45 to 60 mph. The only cold was the wind chill factor. Then a couple of days before Christmas the wind died off and on Christmas day it started snowing and we still have snow! For about the past twenty years we've had very warm winters where IF it snows at all it's just a skift that's melted off by noon. The last cold winter I remember was 1990-91 when our daytime high was -20F. Right now it's around 20F, considerably warmer than -20F but a lot colder than the 45F we've been having for the last several years.

Not only do we have snow on the ground but we've also been waking up to fog that's putting frost on all the trees and bushes. This morning I looked out the window to sun glistening on all the snow and frost. It was beautiful! Amidst the snow one of my carnations is still trying to bloom. The snapdragons look like they finally bit it but they were blooming up until about two weeks ago. I had to laugh at the thought that I'd left the gladiola in the ground because the winters here have become so mild there wasn't much point in digging them. I mulched them with about four inches of grass so they'll probably be okay anyway. I remember the winter it got down to -20F I had glads on the south side of the house. I'd dug the large corms and didn't want to bother with the tiny ones so left them to winter-kill. Late the next spring I saw their little leaves poking out of the ground. I'm loving a winter that to me feels like a normal winter. Ours were getting entirely too wimpy for my tastes.

catty

Here in New Zealand, the whole of the North Island has been declared a drought zone, and the expectation is that the South Island will start declaring drought zones soon, where I live we have 18 days of drinking water left in the region and there is a $20000 fine if you are caught wasting water, this is Autumn here so normally we should be getting rain, but its been lovely weather week after week of clear blue skies and no wind and obviously no rain either.

:sunny:
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

io_bg

It's unusually warm here considering we're nearing the end of the winter. My thermometer says it's 21°C / 70°F outside. It's sunny with just a few clouds. It's windy too.
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

memo

Here in Germany we have just got snow again, which is unusual too in mid-March. ::)

jeckyll

In Poland it is usual, sometimes we have got snow in April :P
Currently -3°C in Kraków.

metarvo

55° and clear, with winds S at 5 mph.  Spring is definitely upon us.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Swordmaster

What spring? Snow, wind, clouds, and 40 F / 5 C.

Cheers
Willy

jp

Here in Lebanon spring is starting with a heat wave and 36 C! :o I'd take snow any day instead of this heat  :P

metarvo

79° F and fair.  Winds S at 9 mph, gusting to 18 mph.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.

noahclem

Quote from: jp on March 15, 2013, 10:05:48 AM
I'd take snow any day instead of this heat  :P

You could have one here! -32C this morning  :o

metarvo

Quote from: noahclem on March 16, 2013, 01:59:40 PM

That's a far cry from what I'm getting in Texas, lol.  $%Grinno$%  I like yours better, Noah.

Swordmaster

Aha, it's Texas. I was already looking at the weather map which places are 79° :P

Getting warmer over here. Therefore, also getting rainier. :(

Cheers
Willy

noahclem

Quote from: metarvo on March 16, 2013, 02:01:10 PM
Quote from: noahclem on March 16, 2013, 01:59:40 PM

That's a far cry from what I'm getting in Texas, lol.  $%Grinno$%  I like yours better, Noah.

Ha, want to trade for a day?    $%Grinno$%    -42 Wednesday morning. Thank god I don't have to go outside to get to work :D  But unfortunately the pipes froze.

sunv123

Hmm, -42...

I like the cold better than the heat.

Anyways, it's 74 F here in North Carolina. Hottest it's been this year so far!
Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.