• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

AntigOne's Projects: Elsewhere.

Started by Badsim, January 17, 2007, 02:14:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Antoine

Incredible work my friend !!!

urban

très bien!
Your lots are very good, nice use of the canal set :thumbsup:

probably the best tropical forests Pat Riot
the jungle and the seaside resorts are looking spectacular kwakelaar
such stunning and natural tropical sceneries iamgoingtoeatyou
Walker's Island

sebes

The man is back.... I am drooling over the keyboard here for hours. &apls

Excellent - thanks for sharing the forming of that region. Absolute top art!  &apls
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

toxicpiano

Astounding as usual!
I find that alcohol, taken in sufficient quantities, can bring about all the effects of drunkenness.

pvarcoe

Beautiful work Badsim!

I love the terraforming you have done.
The flora looks great, and having the terrain fairly clean at higher elevations leaves room for some beautiful meadows.
I can't wait to see what you do with it.

btw, calling me an inspiration is very high praise indeed. Thank you!

As always the urban building is unparalleled.
The diagonal towers placed by the water are very cool.

Super stuff!!

NikNik

Gulp! What great stuff again Badsim.
I am glad the holiday season is over so we can enjoy your work again.

I specifically like the water frontwith the restaurants and that small playground at the end.

One thing I must say about the trucks, they have very little room to maneuvre. If I were the owner of the site I would probably have those trees cut down as they seriously hinder the trucks. Therefore, I reccommend to change the lot a bit so the trees are on the public pathway and not on the premises of the convention centre. This can easily be done by moving the fence behind the trees. (well easy is probably easy for you I would not dare such a task).

As far as the cheating goes, it's Okay by me, but seriously a parking lot that reduces air pollution??? (see description of the robotics Solutions Lot).  $%Grinno$%

Take care mon ami.

Nik-Nik

Badsim

Thanks for your comments guys ....

@NikNik , LOL , so finally your proposition is nothing else than to invert the trees problem by the fences one ... I'm not sure that truckers would agree , neither fences .You know , with this game , it's one tile (16m) or nothing . $%Grinno$%
Thanks for always watching at my MD with the same sharp eyes ... I've read somewhere , maybe here , that you've got more than 4Go of plugins , so I'm just curious about what you can do with that , are you showing something somewhere ? ;D

Remember ...

Lot#1 ... nothing special ...

Lot#2 ; as the visible building on this lot is a prop , I've had nothing to do to make it overhang ...

Lot#3 ... not like this one . I've had to change the Occupant Size of the building with ILive R.

Lot#4 ; hdorriker isn't active anymore these last times , a real pity ...

Lot#5 ; I love your work Matt , having had to LotEdit so much works from so much BATers , can say that your Lotting is particularly high-quality for a BATer  ;) ... but I couldn't resist , of course ... $%Grinno$%

Lot#6 ; ... a trick to make something appear ... well , you'll see where . :P

Lot#7 ; an old landmark without nightlighting ... but so good .

Lot#8 ; I'm not a big fan of NDEX skycrappers ... but their few low & mid rises are awesome , this one ...

Lot#9 ; ... and this one too .

Lot#10 ; This parking has just transit enabled entrances with one-way roads (so impracticable ...) to do not distract the pathfinding .

Lot#11 ; ....

Lot#12 ; Helix Parking Garage , a gift from Ryan (Yoder) , McDrye is the author ...

Lot#13 ; a growable version of Center Apartments ...

Lot#14 ; a version of Quartier Alex from barbyW , Center Apartment used twice as props to cover the original visible building of this growing Lot ...

Lot#15 ; a personal pedestrian bridge .

The only zoning I've had to do ...

I've been lucky this time , my version of Quartier Alex decided to gow immediately ....

It wasn't so easy to get Center Apartments , due to its more comon sizes . But I'm patient ...

Whatever the number of views I could take , some details are forevermore hidden between buildings ... when I'm working on the Lots , I already know that they'll be .... but I'm adding them anyway . Must be stupid . $%Grinno$%

To the next ... maybe a rural scene . ;)

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

rooker1

This is absolutely amazing.  I have spent the last hour going over all these pictures again and again.  The time and patience that goes into each of your updates becomes more and more clear to me now.  I now spend hours in LE just on one or two lots.  And than it's time to actually play the game.  ;)  I have a new perspective of what you do.  How do you know how everything is going to fit together?  Do you plop/grow everything you have in mind and than work on the two joining lots and than move on to the next one?  What prop packs do you use?
Why did you put the Billboard sign above Kusin Toyota Super Center and not on Fa yuen one?  Just noticed that the second time through.  ;)
Until next time my good friend.

&apls &apls &apls &apls

Robin   :thumbsup:   
Call me Robin, please.

ltrskn

I have to second the applause!  &apls  Your beautifully crafted works have inspired me to spend a lot more time trying new techniques with the Lot Editor.

kimcar

&apls &apls Great vision , Great work give only great looking city . Spendide mon ami.  :thumbsup: I repeat myself , but some ordinary building look much nicer in your CJ. &apls

Godzillaman

Where did you get the Tour Montparnasse, I cant find it anywhere :angrymore:? That building is nice, just like this whole CJ!
"With a purposeful grimace and a terrible sound he pulls the spitting high-tension wires down..."

Shadow Assassin

Wow, everything fits in so well.

Where'd you get the parking garage? :P
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

kwakelaar

As always it is pure pleasure to come back to a new update here in AntigOne, great work on all the new lots.

thundercrack83

Quote from: kwakelaar on October 25, 2007, 06:41:52 AM
As always it is pure pleasure to come back to a new update here in AntigOne, great work on all the new lots.

I don't think that I could have said it better!

I don't know how you do it, Badsim! AntigOne is always absolutely amazing! And by the way, congratulations on reaching 10000 VIEWS!

Asimov

This is certainly one of the best MD here on SC4D. Your great Canal-Scenery actually inspired me to do some experiments with oppie's Canal-Set myself.
A question: The Pedestrian-Bridge and the Helix-Parking-Garage, are they available for download somewhere or are they your own creation?

bat

Really fantastic work on that place! Wonderful looking city so far! :thumbsup:

sebes

A superb update again, and showing the most perfect cityplanning concepts in all these excellent pictures. Just imagining the time you spent on these makes me feel humble and looking for words that cannot even close describe the joy and pleasure that this update brings to me.... &apls 
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

Ennedi

Your work is simply too good. so it is difficult to make any "constructive" comment to it :D

My most favourite things:
- Sidewalks and various filler spaces between buildings
- An excellent work with nightlights, especially streetlights - various colors and perfect placing
- Flora - trees (very special choice of them, excellent adjusted to the urban environment), and these small green filler spaces here and there :thumbsup:

I also like the way you are building this city. You are working on relatively small space, and at the end everything is perfectly finished.
I am very curious how you achieve the proper working of the simulation. A lot of your buildings are ploppables (I use them widely too in large cities) and it can lead to some problems with the development, traffic, demand etc.
I have a particular problem - sometimes nightlights in ploppable buildings don't want to work for me and it seems it depends on the particular (commercial, office) demand. Or maybe I am wrong?
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

flame1396

I swear... You are the best lotter to grace the SC4 community.

The transit enabling is great. (I have a few lots I think I should do that to for my new region. And definitely making myself parking lots.)
The most astounding and unique aspect of the human race is our fervent application of our ingenuity to kill each other, thus completely defying the near-universally proven fact that the ultimate goal of a member of a species is to ensure the survival of the species.

Badsim

Hi ,

Replies firstly ...

@Robin ....

Quote from: rooker1 on October 24, 2007, 11:08:08 AM
  How do you know how everything is going to fit together?  Do you plop/grow everything you have in mind and than work on the two joining lots and than move on to the next one? 

Yes , something like that ... I plop everything with original Lots firstly , trying various building combinations untill I find an enough satisfying one to be ready to spend about 30 hours with LE ...
After have taken the necessary pictures at any angles to work with them as background , I open LE for the first step : I start with the corners because these corners determine the position of others buildings on each Lot . At this time , my only work is to align everything and change Base textures & overlays .
That done, I launch the game , plop the new Lots , take new pictures at any angles ...
Then I go back to LE and start the true LotEditing . Each time a lot is achieved I repeat the process ...

The come out of X-tool , I'm assuming , with multiple LE windows will fine down this tiresome process . ;)

About props packs ... I don't use so much of them in fact . I use mainly Porkissimo's props pack but even for him this isn't that simple ; many props I use aren't in any props pack but are coming from others downloads ... so you'll understand that I can't be more precise about that .
I've suggested you to create your props Lots checking all you've got in your plugin and picking over all that you find "interesting" . I know how this  sounds boring , but the time spent worth it ...
Here an example of my props Lots (some among my 18 ones ) ... I try to update this each time I download a new batch of downloads ....

You'll find again easily what you're searching for and sometimes inspiration ... ;)

Quote from: rooker1 on October 24, 2007, 11:08:08 AM

Why did you put the Billboard sign above Kusin Toyota Super Center and not on Fa yuen one?  

Look again at Fa Yuen's Lot ... the building (as prop) is overhanging the Lot . Following the process described above , Aramaki Corner has determined this position . So , to add a billboard there , there's no other more simple solution .

Montparnasse Tower was available on Ks_jpn's site last year . It seems that this site has been closed for a while and now open again but without this BAT and some great others are missing too ...

Helix Parking Garage is a personal gift from Yoder .... That's not a secret that there's a private BSC room where BSC members have projects and are testing things ... some of them are never released . I would give a lot to have a look at what is sleeping there . ::)

Pedestrian Bridge for Oppie's canal set is a Lot from mine ... but , Asimov , if you intend to work with this canal set , this is truly simple to LotEdit ...

@Ennedi ; except dilapidated buildings , the only reason I see for your problem of nightlighting with ploppable commercial buildings (if you're using the natural Day/Night rhythm ingame ...) is that you need the 24/7 Mod from Pegasus ... So far , the only dilapidated building I've got is a $$$ residential block .And I'm working to solve that .  I don't plop all I want without a look at my RCI demand ... and once I released an update , I let the game run a long time untill I'm sure of the new RCI demand to plan the next update . I'm trying to understand the functioning and the limits of this game , reading interesting threads like the one recently about the pathfinder from mott (NAM Request / distance penalties )  ... Have to confess that I'm far to have understood everything ... the only thing I can tell is that so far AntigOne works ...

@ marcszar ; being a huge fan of your work in general , and of "Stagnation or Prosperity?" in particular , can we hope to see this MD rules again ?

@ Dustin (Thundercrack83 - I think that once here I've called you Derry , my apologies for that ... $%Grinno$% ) ... well I would like to find special words for you , but we're not here to permanently congratulate ourselves , so just a big THANK YOU ... you're one of my most enthusiast and the most regular commentator . ;)

Thanks again for your enthusiasts comments guys ... I'm never more pleased than when I read that some of  you have found enough inspiration to open LE . :thumbsup:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A preview on my current experiences with landscapes ... they aren't familiar to me and I'm discovering how that requires a very special patience ... I like to control everything and ploppable stuffs in Mayor Mod are a bit ... capricious . One click morever and It's a calamity ... ::)
I'm working on the TV transmitter of AntigOne , using simgoober's Communications Center and a few others little things . Nothing is achieved , I would like to have your opinion about these landscapes so far ...
I'm using Jeroni's ploppable water , Jeroni's ploppable rocks , Jeroni's ploppable trees , Jeroni's Culvert & water effects ... Jeroni everywhere  and that's a great pleasure and honor . :thumbsup:
I've changed my opinion about the Olympic Tree Controler ... finally not that great . What a strange idea to find the mediterranean trees on the highest terrain level . Living myself in a mediterranean country these trees are absolutely out of place and I'm deleting them one by one replacing them with Larch trees . I dislike too the subartic pines when they're too numerous , they looks "gardened" ... if I decide to correct that on the whole region , I have work for months ... &mmm

Suggestions are welcome ...

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °