• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

AntigOne's Projects: Elsewhere.

Started by Badsim, January 17, 2007, 02:14:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M4346

Wow! I love what you've done with the Viktoria Gebäude and the Lufthansa Building! I looked at these buildings previously and thought "Meh, they're okay... I won't need / use them ever." But you have honestly changed my mind and shown me their true beauty! They are indeed amazing buildings!

This is looking great! Looking forward to that next update, but also curious about where you might be going for 6 months?!  &mmm
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

sebes

You did it again.... I am lost for the rest of the day staring at your photo's.....  &hlp

Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

bat

wonderful pictures and awesome work! :thumbsup:

Kokopelli

Another great update. Your work is amazing.

villaV

&aplsTu nous en mets plein la vue, Badsim, comment tu veux que d'autres montrent leur ville apres ça :'(
Villavicencio_Colombia

emilin

So, you did it again! Now, I'm lost for words, and simply amazed by the sheer beauty of AntigOne. &apls &apls &apls

And may I say, that I think the Victoria lot looks very good without added props too. It's nice to have a minimalistic open space in a city such as yours. It doesn't look empty at all, not with the surroundings. It just looks more realistic that way.

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

NikNik

Very well done.

Great changes you've made on the skateboard park and the cross over  &apls

Great how realistic you've made the city. The addition of trees alongside the roads is very well done and the larger curfew is also a good addition in making the city more realistic.
The railroad with the electric fences (I know there is an English word for it but I lost it in my head) is very well done!!
I just love that tennis park (PEG's isn't it). Well situated there.

How did you get that curfew under the NAM avenue puzzle piece (in the mosaic on the left hand corner just between the buildings)

Did you notice in the last picture the pedestrian between the avenues of Marrast's underpass? Is he suicidal?

Enjoy your last week.

Nik-Nik

rooker1

I'm back again,

This building, the one in the foreground, the long low one, where did you get it?

Also, how did you do the train tracks like that?  I think at some point, you said you made transit enabled lots.  Would you be willing to share those with us?

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Badsim

@Nik-Nik ; .... simple ; you can make any props overhang ( exactely their half ) .

The prop used is one of Xannepan's Gare du Nord , this wall is 12 tiles long so you can use it on an only 6 tiles Lot .It's just a little more complex due to LE rules ; to have a prop available in the list , the Lot must be larger than the prop , so when you've got it you can reduce the Lot ...
(Not sure to be clear ... ::) )

@rooker1 ; go back one or two pages , Rayden has linked this building ... in the same picture above , the prop making a T with the wall , is a gantry ...so the look of the railways isn't due to transit enable Lots but "along" Lots ...

Edit ; here a more explicative picture ....

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

Heinz

everybody's said everything i can ever say. and i still think we can't give justice to the work you do. you're on a pedestal with the sc4 greats, in my mind, at the very least. being a tourist, going under the knife to get more eyes... really wish you all the best so you can continue the devotion.  :P

Fred_Ginger

(Ummmm, NikNik, what's a curfew?)
My name is Vicki
Fred and Ginger were my doggies
RIP my babies

Flipside

You really are amazingly good. The level of detail you put into your cities/creations is extremely impressive ...

What else can I say ...  ()stsfd() ... when I have more time, I'll catch up on this gallery some more. :) There are a few pages there I haven't scanned!  :o

rooker1

Thanks alot for the little tutorial, I think I may try that as soon as I can.  It's a great idea for so many things.

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

NikNik

Quote from: Fred_Ginger on March 23, 2007, 10:53:58 PM
(Ummmm, NikNik, what's a curfew?)
Well I meant a trottoir of course (french word is the same as Dutch word) or in good ol' plain English a pavement/sidewalk/kerbside. Hence the misspelling. My mind is a jungle full of words of 4 different language(Dutch, german, English, French and even an occacional Russian word). No wonder some of the gnomes up there get lost sometimes  :D

Back to MD. Of course I could have guessed it Badsim you used te lot editor. It just struck me that you used it in combination with the NAM puzzle pieces. Great work and thanks for the explaination.

Nik-Nik

dedgren

My friend, should MD awards ever be given out, the "technical excellence" category will be permanently retired with the very first one.  I know that you are taking techniques that, in theory, anyone can duplicate- that's one of the greatest things about SC4- its accessibility to anyone willing to learn with the only cost being a little time.  While that is true, there has never been anyone else that has demonstrated the ability to integrate all these meticulously crafted little confections into a seamless whole.

AntigOne is a place to come and marvel, and we are so lucky that you are willing to share it with us.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Fred_Ginger

(@NikNik - Thanks for the explanation, I'm always ready to learn new things!)

@BadSim - what does one say when one is speechless?  You continue to amaze and astound!  As David (Dedgren) said, Thank You for sharing with us!
My name is Vicki
Fred and Ginger were my doggies
RIP my babies

Badsim

Hi my friends ,

So it's time for a last update before September .... :'(

10 new pieces for AntiGone's puzzle .Let me show you at first these exact Lots ...

#1 _ Lufthansa Building by bandito .

#2 _ Indoor Sport Center by deadwoods .

#3 _ A football stadium .

#4 - Parked cars along the canal ....

#5 _ Walls along railways ...

#6 _ The best MAXIS' residential building , version 1 .

#7 _ The same , version 2 ...

#8 _ John F Kennedy Center by Yoder7652 , now the embassy of Elytheria , Lot dedicate to -M- .... :P

#9 _ Padrao Dos Descobrimentos by miguelkuk , for you obviously , Rayden ....

#10 _ A fictive restaurant ....(Eye-candy only )

And now the puzzle .... ;D

So the night has fallen down on AntiGone for the six next months .... already said ; anyway , I will be able to participate to SC4Devtion's forums .I will attempt to upload some Lots too ...
Well , folks , it's time for any question ... or simply say " Goodnight AntiGone " ..... I'm sure you're more responsible of all this stuff more than you think ; without others , each of us is ... nothing.

I applaud you for all your great comments , your enthusiasm & support  . &apls  &apls  &apls

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

wouanagaine

Freaking god, you're a machine lotter !

I thank you for all thoses gorgeous pics, and I can't wait September !

Bon courage pour ton taf !

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

rooker1

That was an absolutley outstanding update.  When you show us all the lots the way you did, it explains so many things.  But also, I think I now have so many more questions.  Maybe I'll learn them as I get better at this LE program.  I love this update so much and the large amount of pictures is fantastic.
If I understand you correctly, this MD is going on hold for the next six months.  Wow, very sad.  This is a great high light of my day, when you do an update. 

Anyways good luck for now and I'll see you again soon.

Robin    :thumbsup: &apls :thumbsup: &apls :thumbsup: &apls
Call me Robin, please.

Giligone

Amazing, stunning, fantastic, beautiful. Such a great city!!!  &apls I'll miss this MD for sure. But you've given me so many pics in this last update I'll be ok. haha. You are a true SC4 artist. Spectacular work. No doubt you'll be back and better than ever come Sept. Good luck over the summer.