• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

AntigOne's Projects: Elsewhere.

Started by Badsim, January 17, 2007, 02:14:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

goin2chicago

i just can't get enough of your pictures. can't wait for more!

welcome to page 7!!!

kimcar

:thumbsup: Great move you have done to replace the tower with the smaller building. as for the rest simply perfect my friend.  &apls

Cali

"It's not a design flaw, It's my signature"

thundercrack83

First, let me thank you for the advice. Also, I agree with your definition of the game as an "addiction." And let me say that even the parts of AntigOne where you've "found something wrong" look great, too! I can't wait to see what you do with now!

Badsim

Well , don't wait for something spectacular about the park ... it's just a restoration , a question of details , but isn't all this city a question of details ? The park is an association of 6 Lots , almost all trees are ploped after the Lots ... I've already begun to change grass textures (it was too generic) with a new BSC's one with yellow points like Dandelion at spring ...cool .
You can see the difference on this picture .

Also , I have to change these old car clusters on the different parkings , and make them connected to avenues ...
Before....

... & after .

See you later for the result ... now a small tutorial about a Lot I've just made against "Dead cities syndrome" ...another point about this is that I've always found the game unrealistic about traffic ( all big cities have traffic congestions !!! ... and with SC4 you must avoid them ...) . AntiGone have a stong busses & metro network but I want to see more cars .
So , a solution for all ...

First you need to download "Euro traffic generator" from mikeseith (Simtropolis) , there're several Lots , all awful and needing to be ploped on side ...
1- Launch LotEditor , find the following Lot

2- Delete all props , base texture & overlays ...

3- Enlarge the Lot to 1x2 , add your own base texture & overlays according to your avenues ...

4- "Save as" ... another name .

5- Leave LotEditor to open SC4Tool

6- After have found your Lot ,follow these steps : 1- select avenue icon , 2- select right orientation , 3- Add transit by clicking on the right of your moose on one tile of the lot , 4- Just save ...

Now the result : a Lot (you'll find it in your parks menu )as useful than invisible ...

There's a stronger traffic Lot , but I don't advice you to use it : same cars are too many repeated ...it's less realistic .

Hope to be clear & useful ... ;D

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

your_adress_here

Quoteyour_adress_here , thank you for your effort to speak french , myself I'm glad this game is an occasion to improve my english vocabulary . Wink

Mais je suis francais. Le seul problème, c'est que j'ai un clavier angalais, donc je ne peux pas faire tous les accents.  &ops J'habite le Québec.
Bookah!

bat

Fantastic "tutorial" and great pictures! :thumbsup:

thundercrack83

That's a great tutorial! I find those type of taks somewhat intimdiating, but you've made it look very easy. You should consider having them post it in the tutorial section, if it hasn't been already. Anyway, great job! I'll be back for the next update!

Yoder7652

nice little tutorial...I like the new texture for your parks...the entrance to the parking lot for the park is amazing...I love the statues at the entrance.

meinhosen

Great tutorial.  I played around with Mikeseith's lots a little bit... don't you have to have one of his props on there to generate the traffic?  I'm going to have to look in to that and see if it works.  Thanks!

You're telling me I get to be home for more than 12 months?

goin2chicago

nice job. after seeing that little totourial i feel like i could use the lot editor. maybe some day i'll fire it up and give it a go. can't wait for the next update!

NikNik

Great tutorial.

I love by the way the side walk with all those different modern art sculptures!

Nik-Nik

sam

Nice tutorial - thanks  :thumbsup:

Btw I love the parks you have along the canal in the tutorial pictures.

Badsim

Quote from: meinhosen on February 08, 2007, 09:54:01 PM
Great tutorial.  I played around with Mikeseith's lots a little bit... don't you have to have one of his props on there to generate the traffic?  I'm going to have to look in to that and see if it works.  Thanks!

Well , I must admit it's a mystery even for me ... Some time ago I tried to make a Lot with this strange prop found under flowers & named "euro shrub lua toned down" , I was thinking It was the car generator , but the lot didn't work ...

Finally I tried to modify the existing Lot and without any props , It works ! More strange , the building is the default Pz1x1 Plaza ... #?¿?¿?$

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

rw0381c

:o

Absolutely insane, I hadn't had time to check this out in a week. It took an hour to download all those pictures, but it was time well spent! A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!!

R

Adriano57

I did not find. Did you ask mikeseith, the creator of Euro Traffic?

meinhosen

Quote from: Badsim
Well , I must admit it's a mystery even for me ... Some time ago I tried to make a Lot with this strange prop found under flowers & named "euro shrub lua toned down" , I was thinking It was the car generator , but the lot didn't work ..
Finally I tried to modify the existing Lot and without any props , It works ! More strange , the building is the default Pz1x1 Plaza ... #?¿?¿?$

That's so odd.  I can't get the lots to generate traffic without the "Euro Shrub...etc" actually on the lot.  That's so odd.  &mmm  Oh well, at least it works for both of us.  :)
You're telling me I get to be home for more than 12 months?

Antoine

Big work for your city with the LE !

It's fabulous  &apls

fantnet

Where can I find this building?

rooker1

This is the best hour or so I have ever spent looking at a city journal of any kind.  I think this might be the best work I have ever seen.  There is so much detail and ever thing looks perfectly potioned.  Incredible job.  I wish my work looked only half as good as yours!!
Call me Robin, please.