• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

AntigOne's Projects: Elsewhere.

Started by Badsim, January 17, 2007, 02:14:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rooker1

This is one of my most favourites things to see you do, especially from you.  God or not, you are definatley one of the best ever, if not the best LOTter of all time.  Don't think people are exaggerating this comment what so ever.  I have never seen such comments any where else, except for Sac.  Maybe another person equally as good as yourself, and this is my opinion.
I thank you for taking time to make this tutorial and I can tell you that I learned something from it as well.  And I'm sure there are alot of other things you can teach me as well as others.
Great work my friend and I wait for your next update.

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

squidi

a very interesseting tutorial  &apls &apls &apls

the idea to use some bats in the bats to get this shopfront really inspired me

im sure to show how to use the pluginmanager to make buildings as props is also very helpfull to others because it took me some time before i found out that i can do that (i didnt had your tutorial  &ops )
i have to add that it is usefull to activate the shadows for the new props
or sometimes to make builings visible in all zoom
levels

the update with the christmas lights was really great, too

congrats to your second OSITM status  :thumbsup:

paul

thundercrack83

That tutorial is absolutely amazing, my friend! I think when I get some free time, I'm going to have to sit down with the LE and give it try. If I can get things to look half as good as you do, I'll be happy! Keep up the fantastic work here, Badsim! I'll always be around to see what you've got for us next!

Dustin

Yoder7652

It has been awhile since I've checked in on Antigone, but I'm never disappointed when I do. I love your work on the ski resort and christmas lots. Cedric, you never cease to amaze me. Your creations inspire me to play with LE more and seeing a window into your creative process shows your true genius. Great work, my friend.

Masochist

Watching the master in action...;)

You do amazing work here, Badsim.  I think this is my first time commenting, but it's definitely not my first time coming in.  The things I've seen you do...wow...you show a real knowledge of SC4 and an excellent creative eye whenever you showcase your lots and creations.

In my opinion, this is the greatest SC4D-borne CJ ever.
(Under Construction)

squidi

Quote from: Masochist on January 12, 2008, 10:14:40 PM

In my opinion, this is the greatest SC4D-borne CJ ever.

same here  :)

mattb325

Quote from: Badsim on January 05, 2008, 08:10:28 AM

Despite praises , I don't forget any second that I'm not the creator of anything here ; I'm just bringing together already existing things , from true creators .

Badsim, I disagree: I think it takes more creativity to 'see' existing things in a new light - your ability with the LE is amazing...and keeps me inspired.

This update is brilliant and I love how you have made it step by step for everyone.

To see how you pull everything together is really intersting - especially since the ingame shots can hide the smaller details. Thank you once again for sharing :)

Heblem

thats a great tutorial and a splendid idea of you MD, such inspiration, thanks!  ;)

Badsim

Nearing the first AntigOne's anniversary ( SC4Devotion edition - 01/17/2007 - but now more than 3 years of work ... ) , time to present this MD like I should have done it at its beginning .

AntigOne is an SC4 diary inspired - don't ask me how - by a myth LINK , a tragedy about women's freedom by Sophocles (441 BC) ....

... and a reality LINK : my favorite urban place of France by the spanish architect Ricardo Bofill .

This key under construction - from 1977 to 2000 - .

I'm currently planning a retrospective - Hope to be ready for the 17 but I'm very busy ...

The Nettan Building tutorial part 2 , this update and replies to follow . Thanks to be patient with me , I would like to have more time to spend on these forums than these last weeks . That will come back . ;)

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

bat

That are some nice RL pictures and some wonderful SC4-pictures!!
Wonderful update there!

And looking forward to the next update(s)!

rooker1

No need to hurry my friend.  I'm sure what you have just posted will hold your readers captive for a very long time.  As for myself it just took me more than half an hour to go through the entire thing.  Great work and I really enjoyed the myth.  I knew there was some special reason why you called this MD AntigOne.  I had never heard this story before.  I can see why you find it so interesting.  The mix of RL pics and your own in game pics is a very nice touch.  Some of the pictures are priceless and your own work can only be strived for by many others.  This is the reason you have made it to SITM again.
See you soon,
Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

emilin

Wow! Almost a full year of AntigOne.

&apls &apls &apls &apls &apls

I often go back and look at the pictures you first posted at this forum - and I can still remember how awestruck I was by their appearence. They looked like perfection to me then (and still do). But it's interesting to notice that your skills keep developing (I don't know that is possible - but your lots are still improving even though they looked perfect to be from the start).

Anyways: here's to the next year of Antigone, and the one after that: cheers!

----------

PS. This probably isn't the post post to ask this in but I'll do it anyway: what props are you using for the light under the streetlights (the actual lightcone, I mean) - I can't seem to locate that prop in my LE?

PPS. Another one: I noticed you were using timed props of trains for your version of Gare du Nord - where did find those props?

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

kimcar

Congrats for one year of Antigone and thanks for sharing those RL great pics. :thumbsup:

sandrasim1

I can see why this is your favourite urban place of France and why it's a source for inspiration. Some of the RL pics are breathtakingly beautiful and I love the architectural details on the buildings. Thanks a lot for sharing.
"I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work"  Thomas Alva Edison

Strechnitz

congratulations with the aproaching anniversary Badsim :thumbsup:

The pics of RL Antigone are very nice and inspiring!
often this style of architecture results in pomposity, but that has been avoided here. :)

Strech.
Your favorite "deliciously deviant" Empire is Back after a 2 month pause

Click on the picture above to visit Stropon.

thundercrack83

Wow! I don't know what looked more beautiful, the real pictures or the ones of AntigOne!!! Fantastic update, my friend! I look forward to part 2 of the tutorial, and whatever else you have in store for us!

And early congratulations on one year of AntigOne, too!

Pat

Cedric Im at a total loss of words here........ I soo loved the pics and now I have an even more appreciation for what you are doing and more of admiration for your masterful works!!! I soo cant wait for the 17/01/08......

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Yoman

Nothing to say besides thats incredible.

bwatterud

Your lot editing skills are beyond belief. No way I'd have that much patience.

Out of curiosity, is that underground parking garage available anywhere? 

TopCliff

Loks great. To quote Kramer:

I'm loving every minute of it Jerry!

If anyone's named Jerry here, sorry. I love the real life pics. Great addition to the realism, and I love the curved parking garage. Way more realistic than a bunch of clunky square ones.
Best movie of all time: Ferris Bueller's Day Off. If you disagree, Cameron will send your car over a cliff.

Please, call me Leo.  I quote John Lennon now, a great musician and philosopher. Particularly, one of his songs: You may say I'm a dreamer. But I'm not the only one. I hope someday you join us, and the world will live as one.