• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4Reader Tool

Started by Tropod, February 05, 2014, 01:32:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

memo

Quote from: Tropod on October 19, 2014, 01:23:50 AM
Thanks for the feedback  :thumbsup:. The Exemplar/Cohort object viewer is similar to ilives Readers "Navigator" in some ways, which also loads/shows parentcohorts, but only if it's in present *.dat. Whereas this will (should) load parentcohort regardless (provided options are set correctly). In saying this, another update here due to few bugs.....

I have to admit I had forgotten about the Navigator, as I have never really used it. It does indeed seem to be quite useful for navigating through SC1.dat, but in most other cases, not everything is included in a single file, so your implementation will be much more useful!

Tropod

just a small update;

1.3.5c update summary & notes (link on first page).
Open dat file function added to Exemplar Object Viewer.
Several new functions added on main list, as follows (ie mouse right click);

Loaded *dat tab
-Goto function (Prev/Next); for "Location" goto, this works best if list is sorted by Location.
-TGI Mass edit.

Other tab
-Open dat file; opens given dat file in new application.
-Add to loaded dat; this adds selected items to loaded *dat.
-Export TGI(s) & Export to *dat; same as existing functions.

Tropod

1.3.6 update summary & notes (link on first page).
S3D Editing.
S3D Material custom profile settings; this allows you to create multiple custom profiles relating to Material Settings & will set relevant items for any new rows/materials added.
S3D searching added to Property type searching.
S3D searching added to Data type searching.
Goto & search added within Text-based files (excluding LText).
EDIT: I should add; settings.ini has been updated/modified.

EDIT: S3D Material custom profiles:

following highlighted dropbox displays profiles that can be used, including current active profile. You can also access settings via here.

Settings dialog here;

Can create your own, change/update name, settings etc. Can also change your default profile that you wish to use. Anything you do in here will update so long as you click "Apply". Any new profiles you create will be added to the dropbox on the 1st picture above.

Currently this profile feature only applies when you add new row, however next version I'll see about adding an "Apply Profile" function for existing materials.

merry xmas  :bnn:

vester

Really nice X-Mas gift.

Now the matter is what can the extra function do and what can one use it for ?

Merry X-Mas.

eggman121

Quote from: vester on December 26, 2014, 06:21:35 PM
Now the matter is what can the extra function do and what can one use it for ?

From what I can tell editing has presets that can apply the correct texture without having to set all the info as you have to in Ilives Reader.

Great work Tropod  :thumbsup: .This may become quite handy for 3D model Texture editing. Certainly in the case that you have a large amount of models to edit.

-eggman121

Tropod

Quote from: eggman121 on December 26, 2014, 07:17:57 PM
From what I can tell editing has presets that can apply the correct texture without having to set all the info as you have to in Ilives Reader.

Pretty much  :thumbsup:. And thanks for feedback :popcorn:. I've updated my post to provide some screenies & better explanation.

This release will probably bring some issues with it around these latest features & I know some aspects are a little lacking, so any feedback is more than welcomed  :thumbsup:.

vester

Maybe you could add the some different default setting sets.

These are what I have used for automata modding:

For normal textures: For shadows:

For headlights and nightlights 1): For other nightlights 2):

1) Is used for both headlights and other lights. The texture lights up the texture both ground and model itself.
2) These are overlayed the normal texture.

vester

Quote from: Tropod on February 05, 2014, 01:32:52 PM
You'll also need Microsoft's mfc.dll if you don't have it already:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-au/download/details.aspx?id=40784

Have download two of the three programs and installed the programs on that page.
(vcredist_x64.exe and vcredist_arm.exe)

Still can't get the program to work.

Could you help with another link ?

Tropod

Quote from: vester on January 04, 2015, 02:15:11 PM
Still can't get the program to work.

I need more detail :).
What error message(s) are you getting & what operating system are you running?

vester

The error messages says that the file mfc120u.dll is missing.

Running Windows 7, 64 bits.

Let me know if there is more you need to know.

eggman121

Quote from: vester on January 08, 2015, 02:09:48 AM
The error messages says that the file mfc120u.dll is missing.

Running Windows 7, 64 bits.

Let me know if there is more you need to know.

You need to install the 32 bit or x86 C++ redistributable package since the SC4 Reader program itself is 32 bit. At least that's how it worked for me  ;D

-eggman121

vester

That helped. Thank you E.

Tropod

@vester
Good to hear you've got it working  :thumbsup:.

@eggman121
Thanks for your input.

You need to install the 32 bit or x86 C++ redistributable package since the SC4 Reader program itself is 32 bit.

I've updated & clarified the information around this on first page. Not sure if/when I'll ever get it ported to 64bit now, as some 3rd party dependant code it relies on needs to get ported first before I can do this &mmm.

vester

Installed the 64 bit version as my thought was 64 bits os = 64 bits program.

Hope you can do a zoom function on the s3d files and would love a view option for textures/wireframe/both.

HappyDays

Quote from: Tropod on January 09, 2015, 12:01:07 AM
I've updated & clarified the information around this on first page. Not sure if/when I'll ever get it ported to 64bit now, as some 3rd party dependant code it relies on needs to get ported first before I can do this &mmm.

But would there even be benefits for updating the code for 64-bit?

Tropod

Quote from: vester on January 09, 2015, 09:52:16 AM
Hope you can do a zoom function on the s3d files and would love a view option for textures/wireframe/both.

Definately on my list to do  ;).

Quote from: HappyDays on January 09, 2015, 01:38:32 PM
But would there even be benefits for updating the code for 64-bit?

For this program & its end-users 64bit benefits would probably be very little. If you're using virtual dat features (or accessing *dat files) though & the files/plugins are quite large then it can be beneficial, especially if you're using some functions which are ram intensive. EDIT/DoubleEdit: you've just made me realise something regarding this I hadn't thought of &idea, addressawareness  &idea. just did some quick tests after changing LARGEADDRESSAWARE - managed to get this upto 4GB of ram usage before crashing. Given this I probably won't bother with 64bit %BUd%.

Tropod

1.3.7 update summary & notes (link on first page).

T/G/I Filter added to context menu.
Virtual dat clone bug fix.
S3D improvements.
Stats dialog added.
Large address aware update.
Dialogs focus update.
other minor fixes.

S3D improvements:
-Alpha threshold added. Settings.ini updated as result.
-"Apply Profile" added. This will apply selected profile to given row item.
-TGI/Location & path info added for Mats & can be found in grid itself by hovering mouse over cell(s).
-Open *dat function added to mats menu. This will open file location of where material is located.
-View Texture, wireframe, both.
-Select given group(s) to view.
-zoom, move etc; using mouse scroll/wheel &/or -/+, arrows keys. Model must have focus in order for this to work (ie click on area where model is).
And others I've probably forgotten.

Edit:
some piccies showing recent additions;

Stats dlg;
-Provided options are set correctly, provides info for your installation & plugins folders;
-if you load a file &/or virtual *dat it will also provide stats on TGIs;

S3D->Edit->Mats tab;
TGI/Loc/Path info; If you wish to copy just this info you need to CTRL+C on the cell itself. Alternatively right click, select all & copy.

S3D->Edit->Mats tab->context menu;
Like the profile drop box, any custom profiles you create should also appear in this menu for you to select & apply to the current selected row;

Tropod

1.3.8 update summary & notes (link on first page).

HLS files; Object Viewing added (XA/TRK).
ATC files; Object Viewing added (FSH/AVP).
RUL Intersection Ordering: Object Viewing added (EXEMPLAR,PATHS, S3Ds, LTEXT; currently excludes EFFECTS).
S3Ds; UV Map added.
Application ICON udpated.
Open *dat improvements.

RUL Intersection Ordering: Object Viewing added;
Relevant item will load object as follows on row selection;
-AutoTileBase; loads Exemplar data. All 256 tiles.
-AutoPathBase; loads path data. All 256 tiles.
-PlaceQueryID & ConvertQueryID; loads LTEXT item.
-Piece       = 0.0, 0.0, 0, 0, 0xIID; loads model.
Effects object viewing via RUL is currently not handled.

Open *dat improvements.
-Object viewer Open *dat functions; provided auto fill list in options is set, will now highlight TGI item once file has loaded.
-short cut command can be used to load file (& location if necessary) by adding following at the end;
"File:fileFullPath" "Loc:Number"
for example;
"C:\MyDocuments\SC4Reader.exe" "File:C:\MyDocuments\SimCity 4\Plugins\MyFavouritefile.dat" "Loc:1234567890"

vester

Hi Tropod

Got a small request.

Would it be possible to add a function so you can see a s3d from all 4 angles ?

Tropod

You can move models around using arrow keys, or is that not suitable?
Did you want to be able to view all 4 angles at same time or (preferably) individually; I could probably just add some tabs for each angle ie A1-A4 in the frame.