• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

JMyers Rural Retreat and Small Shops

Started by jmyers2043, February 22, 2007, 06:10:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meinhosen

Oh cool, more farms! 

Those are looking good  :thumbsup: 
You're telling me I get to be home for more than 12 months?

Elektra

Wow, more farms, love it.  Will be waiting on the release of these outstanding farms. :thumbsup:
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
A. Einstein

jmyers2043

Thanks to all for your comments.

I'll be out of town for the next six days and will not be watching this thread. So please be patient if you have a question or need help with one of my bats. I'll answer as soon as I am back.
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

hydra

Mmyers your work is just fantastic like all your shops do you know when your going to do 6 pack but i keep wtach this forum then like the farm. &apls

jmyers2043

JMyers Does Commercial Offices.

Here are a couple of pictures of what I've been working on lately.  My target is the 9 story commercial office known as Ben Tower.

These buildings offer CO$$$ jobs in the range of 52 through 62. They will grow on stage 5 and 6 lots. The pictures below show four buildings but one is a 6 story test structure.

My plans are to release four buildings. There are a couple of lotting issues that I spotted when they grew in my game.  These four grew in a clump and I plopped a couple of 'parking lots' in between for presentation purposes.

EDIT: The answer to everyones question is yes. A stage 6 1X1 lot will be included. Maxis lotted the stage 6 Ben Tower on a 1X1 and a 1X2. They lotted the stage 5 grower on 1X2. I've done the same. With an exception that I will also place it on a 1X3 stage 5. Each building will be placed on four lots. Two stage 5 and 2 at stage 6.

I hope that you will enjoy them. Thanks.

Glenni

Nice ones, they will be on 1x1 lots, yeah?  &apls

baconrocky

Yah dude, please if you can provide them on 1 X 1 Lots, so we can W2W 'em if we wanted. Because these are wicked.

rooker1

These are very nice, I too hope they are on 1x1.  Great work!!

Robin   :thumbsup: &apls
Call me Robin, please.

cammo2003

Quote from: jmyers2043 on April 29, 2007, 08:34:43 AM
JMyers Does Commercial Offices.

Here are a couple of pictures of what I've been working on lately.  My target is the 9 story commercial office known as Ben Tower.

These buildings offer CO$$$ jobs in the range of 52 through 62. They will grow on stage 5 and 6 lots. The pictures below show four buildings but one is a 6 story test structure.

My plans are to release four buildings. There are a couple of lotting issues that I spotted when they grew in my game.  These four grew in a clump and I plopped a couple of 'parking lots' in between for presentation purposes.

(images snipped)

EDIT: The answer to everyones question is yes. A stage 6 1X1 lot will be included. Maxis lotted the stage 6 Ben Tower on a 1X1 and a 1X2. They lotted the stage 5 grower on 1X2. I've done the same. With an exception that I will also place it on a 1X3 stage 5. Each building will be placed on four lots. Two stage 5 and 2 at stage 6.

I hope that you will enjoy them. Thanks.

Finally, something to compete with Ben Tower. I have nothing wrong with that building per se, but the way it floods my commercial areas is rather annoying...

mightygoose

NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

spa

These are great and are really sorely needed. In particular, I like the smaller building in the bottom left. Nice job.

jmyers2043

Please be advised that I made a typing error when modding the GL Forge building.  ::)  The bulldoze cost was set to $90,000 and it has now been set to $90. These factories are still RUSH HOUR versions but will work with the CAM. I am planning on making CAMpatible versions before weeks end.

You should probably download and update if you are still using RUSH HOUR and do not want to pay $90,000 to demolish GL Forge.

There is a small Text Readme file which tells you what to do. Sorry for the inconvenience.

hydra

Jmyers thanks for the help but I found that out a few months ago and fix it. but it will but need for other people.

BigSlark

That explains why it was so darn expensive to build a new RHW through that industrial area the other day...

Thanks for the heads up, jmyers!

I'm looking forward to the day you decide to fire Gmax up again and grace us with some more of your great looking creations.

Cheers,
Kevin

jmyers2043

I have a few things I've been working on. This one is called Green Meadows. A hay farm that features fields with random bales of hay. There is a slope friendly version that grows on moderate slopes. A flat version features a pole barn that is either full or nearly empty depending on the time of the year. It grows as a stage two which means that it is Rush Hour and CAMpatible.

The lot is now is in beta and should be on the LEX in a couple of weeks.

jmyers2043

Now in beta testing. Three dairy farms. These farms grow as stage 3 so they are both RUSH HOUR and CAMpatible.

Uncle Skim's Dairy Barn.

Ms Oleary's Dairy Farm

Creme De Fresh

Heblem

WOW!! im very impressed, those farms are very realistic... btw love that cow in middle of the road  ;D excellent work!  :thumbsup:

JBSimio

Great to see these farms again... I had nearly forgotten about them!  The lots look great, but there's something extra good with the Oleary lot.  Don't ask me what it is... I just know I really like that one.

JB

Never trust a god who grins all the time and wears a top hat, that's my motto.  -Terry Pratchett

It's from JBSimio.  Need we say more?  -BadgerBoy of SC4 Devotion

BigSlark

Great looking farms! They look like what you find in the eastern Midwest (Indiana, Illinois, Ohio, Michigan).

I'm not sure how I missed this post in the first place. Anyway, I'm looking forward to the release.

Cheers,
Kevin

Andreas

Quote from: JBSimio on October 07, 2007, 08:49:02 PM
The lots look great, but there's something extra good with the Oleary lot.  Don't ask me what it is... I just know I really like that one.

Me too. The overlay textures are perfect; it's great to see how they connect with the garage and weave between the wooden streetlight and the haystacks. Now if the farmer had put them on the other side, he wouldn't have to drive such a curve, but it looks awesome. On the third pic, it looks like some overlays in the cow pen don't line up properly; I guess this is because the game always has troubles to display stacked overlays correctly. Other than that, excellent work! :)
Andreas