• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

GaryReggae's BAT Exhibition

Started by GaryReggae, February 18, 2007, 05:03:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

OMG YES PLEASE!!!! sorry for the shout there Gary but I would love for you if you can refurb some of your older work and rerelease them again...  When ever you can get something done it will be a real treat to have!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

GaryReggae

Thanks again for all your positive comments  :thumbsup:

I'm in the process of trying to get my BBC Television Centre finished - it was "finished" before but looked a bit empty inside so I have added some furniture and edit workstations, as well as some internal walls in places where they will be visible through the glazed facade.

It is still too big for me to render but one of my BSC colleagues is going to attempt to render it for me.

I will try and post some pics later.

After that, priorities are the Tyre Factory and ASDA, both of which need a considerable amount of work to finish.

SimFox

OMG, omg, OmG, oMg!

Your BBC center was probably the single BAT that moved me to star bating! How I was waiting it!! Hope it will hit the exchanges after all.

I also had been considering to "take over" your Brynmawr tire factory as it is a single most beautiful industrial building I've layed my eyes on and I thought that it definitely could do with some "facelift"  $%Grinno$%

toxicpiano

I find that alcohol, taken in sufficient quantities, can bring about all the effects of drunkenness.

GaryReggae

Quote from: SimFox on September 24, 2008, 02:21:21 AM
OMG, omg, OmG, oMg!

Your BBC center was probably the single BAT that moved me to star bating! How I was waiting it!! Hope it will hit the exchanges after all.

I also had been considering to "take over" your Brynmawr tire factory as it is a single most beautiful industrial building I've layed my eyes on and I thought that it definitely could do with some "facelift"  $%Grinno$%

Thanks, that is indeed an honour.  Yes, the Brynmawr tyre factory was indeed a beautiful and very unique building and the aim was to provide a modern, light and comfortable working environment for the staff which in those days was a fairly novel concept.  It was a world away from the bland tin warehouse sheds that make up the majority of industrial buildings nowadays.  The fact it was demolished was a real travesty, particularly as it was a listed building and could have been put to good use and provided work in an area where unemployment is high.  It is definitely worthy of a BAT model and I intend to try and create it at faithfully as possible from the limited drawings and photos I have.

I'll try and post a pic of my model of it so far later.

zero7

Good to see you back and from reading the posts above, finally close to releasing the BBC Television Centre which has to be one of those models that people remember and think 'pity that never got released'.  I think the Asda will be a nice addition too - it's been a while since we've had a new supermarket (never got round to it myself).
Call me Richard

GaryReggae

Here's the latest from the TV Centre.  Excuse the lack of textures on the walls; for some reason the GRenderer didn't render them which it does sometimes.  I have added a lot of interior detailing and have made some changes to the staff entrance as well.  I will also be adding some CCTV cameras around the site.

callagrafx

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

vester

Damn, there goes another keyboard :P
Another one dead, due to drolling.

Here you just shows up back out of nowhere and post this great model.

rooker1

Aaaahhhhh.....that is beautiful.   :o
Looks like a very big LOT.
&apls
Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

CasperVg

Very nice, perhaps you should move one of the parked cars to the 'roads', to make it look like one car is driving on the 'roads'. I can not wait to get this one already.
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

GaryReggae

Thanks for all your comments, I did some more work on the detailing while in the pub last night!  I have now finished the new staff entrance lobby at the bottom of the office tower which is a double-heigh space with open staircase and turnstiles for access control.

With the ever-present threat of terrorism at such a prominent public building, I have also added a load of CCTV cameras and a security intercom at the exit barriers.

Quote from: caspervg on September 25, 2008, 08:59:17 PM
Very nice, perhaps you should move one of the parked cars to the 'roads', to make it look like one car is driving on the 'roads'. I can not wait to get this one already.

Yeah that is a good idea, I also want to put a truck near one of the loading bays which is open.  All it needs then I think is a few people models and we're nearly there.  I'm going to redo some of the textures as well at the weekend and tweak the nightlights now I have added the interior detail.

Glenni

That is.... wow...

i'm at a loss of words, really...  ;D

Oh and did i mention, it's great to have you back?  :thumbsup:

GaryReggae

Thanks Glenni, good to see you again!  I know you have always been a fan of my buildings although yours are excellent too.

art128

GaryReggae, this new Bat is looking amazing  &apls great work !  :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

kimcar

I agree with other mate , thi is a great building that you do. Great work &apls &apls &apls

nerdly_dood

:shocked2: that is  truly excellent Gary! That one is very detailed even with some textures not showing properly.

I doubt that I'd use it as a TV network HQ, though - I may use it as a sort of regional CIA HQ or something else government-oriented... &Thk/(
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

BarbyW

nerdly, that is sacrilege $%Grinno$% That is the iconic Television Centre of the BBC and should be treated with the reverence it deserves. CIA HQ? OMG the Beeb would be mortified. ;D
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

GaryReggae

Quote from: BarbyW on September 27, 2008, 03:21:25 PM
nerdly, that is sacrilege $%Grinno$% That is the iconic Television Centre of the BBC and should be treated with the reverence it deserves. CIA HQ? OMG the Beeb would be mortified. ;D

LOL, yeah it does look a bit like a Soviet government HQ or something!

Here's something else I've been working on, it's a health clinic and ambulance station although it would not look out of place as a school.