• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

High Speed Rail Project (HSRP)

Started by Jonathan, August 19, 2007, 02:07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow Assassin

Could it be a plugins conflict with the NAM? Is the NAM the last folder that loads in your plugins folder? If it is, then the GHSR really should load in the last folder (such as zzz_GHSR) of the last folder of your plugins folder (in this case, the NAM).
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

dragonshardz

i think what he said was that when the .dat is in a subfolder that the paths don't work. and if this is to be part of the NAM, then it will have to be in a subfolder so the .dat not working issue needs to be fixed.

Then he asked for help in fixing the problem by someone who is part of the NAM Team or osmeone who knows about such things.

Jonathan

I would like to know this by tomorrow morning as I only have the weekend and would like to get some more stuff done. It also seems now none of the NAM team actually look here, or give help, especially as the new stickied topics pushs this down, no offence.

UPDATE: I know what NAM dat is causing the conflict, NetworkAddonMod_Bridges_Plugin_Controller.dat
Can someone tell me what this does, as I couldn't work it out myself other than it is something for bridges, and how to fix the conflict and what is conflicting?

The paths didn't stop working because of being in a subfolder, but becasue of a conflict somewhere in the NAM files, I guess this is because there is a duplicate IID for something although I had thought there was only one monorail item in the NAM, something like monorail over el-rail, as that was all I could see in the monorail section of the RUL 0x10000000, the IID of the path files are,

the range I'm using is 5d2d100- 5d2d1fff, 5(NAM) d(monorail) 2d1(date I started)

1st tileof the starter piece   5d2d0000 (I know that's not meant to be)
The straight GHSR              5d2d1100
1st part of the curve          5d2d1110

Can Someone from the NAM team tell if I should use this range, if not what range I should use or what is causing the conflict.

Andreas

@Warrior: I'd love to help you sorting out those problems, but I don't have any idea how the transit stuff works internally. If you need to know specific details, it's probably the best to PM one of the NAM modders. Unfortunately, most of them are busy with RL and other stuff, so they don't check all transit-related threads all the time.
Andreas

jplumbley

@Warrior  Since this is a SAM-like addition to the NAM.  I think it would be best of you to use a SAM-like IID structure for your models.  The issue lately has been that the NAM date stamp has expired recently and reset and we are now within the realm of maybe having duplicate IIDs.

The IID structure we are using in SAM and the upcoming NWM projects are in the 5e range right now.  My suggestion is use the 5d range.

The structure is as follows:     0x5dNPPVWZ

N = Network (In the case of Monorail N=d)
PP = Texture Piece ID or Model Piece ID, this is a 2 digit hex number.  My suggestion is look at the middle 4 digits of the MAXIS monorail IID and use a logical 2 digit number that is close to this.  For example all SAM straight pieces are 4b since the MAXIS straight textures are 004b)
V = Texture Set Variation (In SAM there can be upto 16 different Texture sets for monorail, this means the same.  GHSR and HSR can be 2 of these texture Variations.)
W = Wealth
Z = Zoom

I hope this helps it is a fairly easy to understand standard.  And it will allow us to keep know where everything is in the future.  Organization is a key to success.
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

Jonathan

The paths are now fixed 100% (at least for LHD) It would be best if someone with RHD and the DrawPaths cheat can test the paths for me.

The problem was the Bridge_plugin_controller.dat told the game when there's a path file which IID begins with 0x5d and the game is left Hand drive look for the left hand drive paths at 0x7d.

I for got to say that I'm left Hand Drive
I found this:

Quote;monorail
1   = 0x5D000000,0xFF000000,0x7D000000,0x00FFFFFF ;monorail ~ all
In this section:
QuoteCustom Items Path files
;Custom Items Path files
;Custom Items Path files
;
; Standard Reversal
; Interchange base related
;subsection covers interchange base related items
In the Bridges_Plugin_Controller.dat

I reinstalled the NAM but still the paths don't work when they load after the NAM, I'm wondering if the whole 5d range is taken?

I changed all the IIDs for the track and paths but not the icons and effects, without the Bridges plugin controller.dat, the paths work with it the paths still don't work, I'm now really really confused, ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
JPlumbley: Thanks, So 0x5dd151## would be good?
Do the S3D models change with the wealth or do the textures on the S3D change with the wealth? Doesn't Matter

EDIT: what do I do with the non-track items/files like the icon exemaplar and image and EffDirs?
And I just realised how many things I have to change,   

EDIT2: Some of the HSRP IIDs are different to the monorail IIDs in the curves, because there are 5 models that make up the curve for HSR, but only 2 models for monorail.
I think I prefer the old system but things have to move on I guess.

EDIT3: Basically  I have to change the IIDs to the:
Straight
Curve1
AutoTileBase
Icon
Effect
Icon names and descriptions
Plop description

A lot of those aren't textures or models so I cant give tem Texture/Model IDs, and I don't know what to give them.

I think I may end up, making a backup and starting again for the 6th time or so.

BigSlark

Warrior,

I liked the original HSPR and I thought the lack of a ground version and the lack of stations was the only real drawback. I never use the monorail, so it wasn't a big deal. I'm really excited to see your project going so well, I would be than happy to test in my RHD part of the world.

If you would email me all the files I will happily test it for your this afternoon.

Cheers,
Kevin

dragonshardz

Jonathan

Ok that's great I may be able to get the files to you today but I'm not 100% sure as It's 8:20pm and I have school tomorrow.

I will email the files to your email in your profiles, the only things that need to be tested are the paths, these are the only two pieces made yet, I'm doing some more IIDs now, you will only get the 1st part of the curve if drag the diagonal the way shown in the picture.
The 1st part of the curve does have paths this is just an old image.
The Icon is in the rail menu near the top. In works in the same way as GLR just using monorail instead, in other questions just ask.

dragonshardz

warrior where exactly in the world are you? because you seem to be about eight hours ahead of me.

dragonshardz

BigSlark

No worries, warrior. Tomorrow I won't be home until 10 p.m. your time, so if you don't get it sent until tomorrow it won't be until Tuesday morning before you'll see my test.

Cheers,
Kevin

dragonshardz

BigSlark

Its hiding somewhere on ST, attached to one of buggi's posts. If you can't find I'll email it to you.

Cheers,
Kevin

dragonshardz

flame1396

Does it have a station?

And does it work with normal hsr?

If it has a station i'd love to test it.
The most astounding and unique aspect of the human race is our fervent application of our ingenuity to kill each other, thus completely defying the near-universally proven fact that the ultimate goal of a member of a species is to ensure the survival of the species.

Jonathan

No at the moment it doesn't have a station and at the moment it is incompatible with  HSR modd, but there will be another starter piece which is HSR, so there will be  GHSR, HSR, monorail.

This modd is no where near a 1st release I just need comfirmation that the paths work so far

EDIT: Wow, This board is the busiest I have seen it for a long time.
Bigslark,Dragonshardz: Received the files?