• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Viceroyalty of Perseus

Started by belfastsocrates, May 17, 2014, 06:31:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kelis

Excellent ! I think you did a great job using those Japanese apartments, I really like how they like with those diagonal roads. Great job as always my friend.

:thumbsup:
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

vortext

Wow, what a fantastic update! The diagonal housing estates are just perfect, and your attention to detail with the playgrounds and small marina is outstanding as well.  &apls

Can't wait for part 2!  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

kbieniu7

Yay! Blocks and blocks! That's what I like  ;D I also like the green areas, and the way, how you create them. Especially in the photo no 7, very nice idea how to create a custom playground :)
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

c.p.

I love the modern apartment buildings overlooking the huge sea of parking (for example #19) :thumbsup:

belfastsocrates

Thanks everyone for your fantastic feedback and comments! I should do more updates like this one  :D

Part two below! The next update will likely be of the new sports complex that is glimpsed in picture 25. I'm just finishing that off and adding trees and so on.

A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

Vizoria

Awesome stuff! The uniform pavement textures look really smooth.

kelis

I'm still in love with that mix of buildings... the buildings from Japan fits very good with the other buildings...BTW you did a fantastic job in this zone of your region. Keep working in that way  :thumbsup:
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

Themistokles

Great work on this area! I especially like the fourth image, how you've combined the generic apartment buildings and the industry with the very British bus stops. Also, the diagonal road gives a very nice touch to the  semi-detached housing area.
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

kbieniu7

Really good diagonal layout, you've created in the photo 5 :)
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

belfastsocrates

The Royal Victoria Hospital in Passau is located in the Illford district of the city and is close to the University of Passau's first campus buildings.

The history of the site dates back to 1801 and was originally home to the Fever Hospital and General Dispensary, the site was cleared in 1885 and a new general hospital constructed. It was afforded a Royal Charter in 1900 and was renamed the Royal Victoria Hospital in honour of the Monarch.

The Victorian buildings were demolished in the late 1950's after years of successive structural damage, the result  of the seismic instability of Perseus.

The site is restricted in scale due to the presence of a major motorway to the south and extensive residential, commercial and light industrial development to the north and east. The site has however expanded over the years and now comprises six buildings tasked with the provision of healthcare services. All sites and buildings are connected via an extensive service tunnel and lift network, staff have access to the tunnels and can use bicycles or electric carts to travel between buildings and to/from the car park. The tunnels and lifts are also utilised by a fleet of battery-powered AGV robots which act as porters for the transport of linen, waste and supplies. AGV's are permanently designated to certain roles to prevent cross-contamination.

The Royal Victoria is one of four major hospital sites within the Greater Passau Area and is the second largest. The site recently completed a 5-year phased upgrade of all buildings, infrastructure and facilities. Thanks to the recent investment the hospital is one of the most technologically sophisticated of its kind. Connectivity is important for modern medical facilities and the large multi-storey car park is linked to all hospital buildings via skywalks that incorporate moving walkways, the hospital is also located beside a GLR line and the Emergency Department building has access to the Passau Metro. Emergency patients arriving by private car or ambulance can avail of a dedicated underground reception area, access via road ramps, and receive immediate care.

1 (Overview of site)

2 (Emergency and Critical Care)

3 (Accident and Emergency Waiting Area)

4 (Patient Check In Terminals)

5 (Cancer Treatment Centre and park access)

6 (Hospital Services and Ambulance Station)

7 (Maternity and Regional Trauma units)

8 (AGV waste transport)

9 (Stores and workshops)

10 (Staff and Visitor car park)

11 (Automated Pharmacy)

13 (Emergency and Critical Care Access)

14 (Surgical Theatre)

15 (Maternity Unit)

16 (Emergency Department)

17 (Orthopaedics drop-off area)

18 (Gases supply and water treatment facilities)

19 (Emergency Department)

20 (Proton Therapy Suite)

21 (Cancer Treatment Centre)

22 (Underground services area)

23 (Radiotherapy Suite)

24 (Emergency and Critical Care Helipads)

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

Simmer2

Great shots !!
Did you figure out what GLR texture you want mods for?

Nick
________________________________________________________________________________

vortext

It's been a real pleasure seeing the hospital site coming together, and as per usual the presentation is outstanding.  &apls
time flies like a bird

Mandarin(a)

:thumbsup: This turned out so amazing! Very thorough description.

Themistokles

This hospital looks really great; I must say it's the most realistic I've seen in SC4. &apls The skywalks especially add a very nice touch, so common in hospitals and so useful.
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

wallasey

Great work on the hospital site; a lot pf thought and planning has obviously gone into the development of this site!

kelis

wow Very nice hospital !! Can you make the hospital of my japanese region too ?  $%Grinno$%

I enjoy a lot with this kind of update, fantastic mix of pictures, great job my friend  :thumbsup:
.                                                                                                                      

romualdillo

This health complex looks incredible! And the way you've presented it is really interesting! Some day I'd like to model a famous health complex here in Spain...
I think I haven't commented about your previous updates, and I have to say they look truly realistic. One of your best works here!  &apls
I'm just looking for more!  :popcorn:

belfastsocrates

Sorry.....no exciting new updates but I am working on a huge new project and I'd like some feedback.

Passau Island will be a new residential and commercial development on reclaimed land and I place to use unified base textures for everything, with the odd exception.

I'd like your feedback on which texture looks best and suited to a modern project.

Let me know your thoughts please :)

Alan_Waters

To me, №1 and №3 more natural and casual. IMHO

vortext

imho #2 works well with bipin's wall, has nice definition from a distance and no noticeable tiling effects, which is something you want to keep in mind if you're going all out with one texture. I'd imagine #6 & #7 will work quite nice as well, though you'll want to mirror/rotate the texture while lotting to prevent too obvious tiling. 
time flies like a bird