• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Casper's Portfolio - Reading - 2016 Update 1 - Hornet (Regional Airport)

Started by CasperVg, May 31, 2008, 10:36:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paroch

Hi Casper,

I know what you mean about replies keeping you going.  Love the beach shot, that is very nice indeed.  Keep posting pics like that and you'll have a regular following here in my opinion.

Those custom textured roads look great too.

Paul

rhythmandjays

Casper,

You've really developed the personality of Pitcairn Island. You are taking your time with developing the region and I've especially like the personality you've instilled in your region. Continue taking your time and this will really become an excellent MD!  $%Grinno$%

CasperVg

I have decided to convert this thread into a show-off of the various cities that I create, as I have not found myself happy with the little development that I managed to get in "Pitcairn Island". Next up, Republic of Chilcombe (v2).

Update soon,
Casper
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

JoeST

but, but :(

Pitcairn Island was well good very nice indeed

ahh well, cant wait for your pics

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Diggis

Quote from: JoeST on June 27, 2008, 07:50:14 AM
... well good....

That is well English  :D

Look forward to seeing what you come up with next casper.

flame1396

For the IRW I think you could work in the avenue Y-Stack to make a good intersection.
The most astounding and unique aspect of the human race is our fervent application of our ingenuity to kill each other, thus completely defying the near-universally proven fact that the ultimate goal of a member of a species is to ensure the survival of the species.

sebes

Hey - somehow I missed your MD totally Casper. And that is a pitty because you made some very interesteing stuff on Pitcairn island...

Well - as long as you continue showing off here, I'll be back, for sure  :P
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

jjune4991

ok man. well if you dont like it, dont play it. good luck with your other projects!
Wha??? Where am I? Oh, that's right! I'm here!

Earth quake

Great village Casper, I like it.
And the rural pic... it's most wonderfull.
Excellent work.

CasperVg

Replies
JoeST: I won't stop updating, but Pitcairn is grounded for now.
Travis: Thanks.
Simpson: Thanks, and, as Maarten (mrtnrln) said, they are a work-in-progress  :)
Mrtnrln: Thank you!
HandsOn: Hehe, I actually have that set, and tried it in that area, but it didn't look to good. The buoys are indeed somewhat unrealistic in that setting, but whatever  ::)
Jjune: Hehe, thanks for stopping by!
Paroch: Thanks for commenting, about time I comment on your MD as well. Thanks again.
JoeST (2): Hope you'll like this one aswell  :)
Diggis: Always good to see new posters, thanks!
Flame: I think you're a bit late  :P Be sure to comment again later on
Sebes: Geen probleem :)
Jjune: Thanks
EQ: Thanks!

Chilcombe: Update 1: Various shots around the region
This is a very small update, to show you what this region consists off. Contrary to Pitcairn, where I decided to show all laying-out at first, before starting at the development, I decided to show you it with development in-place. Transit geeks, don't fall into despair, I'll show various interchanges and other transit options still  ;)

An American-styled small-town.

Suburbia. I don't really like this picture/area myself, I wish I could get c.p.'s 19th Century Housing to grow much more, or even exclusively...

Downtown core. It uses various buildings by Skyscraper, that have been relotted by me and remodded/CAMpatibled by xxdita! Soon to be released? I just noticed I missed a canal tile, oops!  ::)

That concludes this small update, hope you enjoy the various 'features' of this new region!

jjune4991

very nice cities. i really like the american small town. and i see that missing canal tile too!

Simpson

Hi casperg
Your city is so beautiful and the little CBD is very nice and realistic
The diversification is looking good in your city so congratuation  &apls
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

Manny

Woa ! The CBD are very realistic, I like the skryscraper with the canals !

JoeST

Casper: good to here that your not gona desert your old MD, and your current images are great :)

thanks

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

MandelSoft

Beside the missing canal piece, it looks great!
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

CasperVg

Well, industrial area's are also needed. Teaser!

EDIT: Post #75  ()stsfd()

Alfred.Jones

I need to see more!!!

Stop teasing me casper ()sad()

Sim City 4 Devotion

sebes

Nicely ugly, just how I like them!  :thumbsup:
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

CasperVg

Replies
jjune4991: Thanks, problem fixed now  ;)
Simpson: Thank you very much!
Manny: Thank you, it's the first downtown I'm actually pleased with myself  :)
Joe: Thanks alot!
Maarten: Thanks!
Alfred.Jones: Hehe, you'll be teased over and over  :P
Sebes: Bedankt!

Chilcombe: Update 2: Chilcombe City, it's history, surrounding and interchanges
Let's do a tour around Chilcombe City, shall we? If you want, let's start with some interchanges  ::)
Contrary to Pitcairn Island, with it's IRW, Chilcombe has one long stretch of Highway running through it's territory, conveniently called "Highway 1". Highway 1 has two exists near Chilcombe Downtown, though neither of them are really used, since the majority of the people that work in the downtown live in the wealthy suburbs at the other side of the highway, so they just cross it...  ::)

A nice interchange very close to the Downtown. For some reason, the workmen that were laying the asphalt seem to have run out of paint, and had to use grey instead of black paint, and applied orange instead of white markings. Perhaps the mayor should stop underfunding them  %wrd

A more straight-forward type of intersection. This one is more used by trucks driving outwards to the rest of the region, and lays in the middle of the wealthy suburbs.

Some estates squeezed in between Midtown with Gloucester Hospital and the industrial zone. This is were most of the European immigrants dwell.

Parks at the canal... There's a large park near downtown, that I'll show next update.. Or as a teaser  :P

A nice pedestrian bridge over the canal, with some striking similarities to the Gateshead Milleniumbridge in Northern-England.

Highgrove, forest and high speed rails. For some reason, the government decided not to have a station in the downtown area...

Downtown viewed from another side; a good picture to end this update with;

Ye Olde' Chilcombe: A picture from Chilcombe City's Downtown from my previous MD.

Ye Olde' Chilcombe: A picture from Chilcombe's Industrial Estate, with some personal Modular Industrial Set lots I made.

Ye Olde' Chilcombe: A picture from Chilcombe's Suburbs, with some Mall lot's I've released at the STEX.

Please comment!

jjune4991

those interchanges are good! and the downtown is looking good. i like how the highway wraps around it! great job!