• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

My first time to B.A.T.

Started by Mr_Maison, October 18, 2007, 06:08:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr_Maison

I am very interested in making a cruise ship terminal. But this is my first time attempting to make any custom content seriously. I want this terminal to be functional in my city. I have the B.A.T., the Lot editor, the plug-in manager and the SC4tool. Is this something I can do in the lot editor, or is this something deeper than changing around a few props? I asked that to get familiar with the basic idea of this transit enabled lot. If I can avoid working with the B.A.T. for now I want to start there. I definitely will be using the B.A.T. in the future. But if it's needed now....I'm not scared.  :satisfied:

Chrisadams3997

It depends on what you have in mind.  If you've seen some building, or find one, that's been made by someone that you think could make a good terminal building, you could just place it in the lot editor and build the lot around it.  If on the other hand, you'd like to make an entirely new building to act as the terminal(or any new props for the lot), you'll have to BAT them. 

Take a look around and see what's available, check out the available tutorials here and at ST, particularly if you decide to start using the BAT.  These aren't things that are learned overnight, but there is a lot of information already out there.  Take advantage of it and just take your time and have fun with it.  After you've learned the basics, if you find yourself stumpted on how to do something don't be afraid to ask, there's lots of people around to offer advice.  Just make sure it isn't something that could have been answered with a quick forum search ;).

Good luck.

Chris

Mr_Maison

How do you know what side of the lot the boat will dock (on such a project as a cruise ship terminal)?

Chrisadams3997

It should be the side opposite the road in LE if I'm not mistaken.  I revamped the maxis one to fit in with Peg's CDK once(think I got the right anacronysm &Thk/(), but it's been a long while.

Mr_Maison

Thank you so much for your help Chriadams  :thumbsup:
I will post a pic when I'm done.