• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Happy 14th Birthday, SimCity 4

Started by Tarkus, January 14, 2017, 05:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarkus

Today, January 14th, happens to mark the 14th birthday of the original release of SimCity 4.  Hard to believe it's been that long--my disc case doesn't look like it's aged a day.  Here's to many, many more years of the thing that binds this community together.  Next year marks a decade-and-a-half.

-Alex

dyoungyn

And here I thought it has been longer than that.  Wow, 14 years and where were you?  I for one was in route to the Persian Gulf doing nothing by exploring this long awaited game that finally came out.  At the same time, itching in my pants for Rush Hour to come out so we finally use Avenues.  Wow, how this game truly started and look at it today.  Simply put, stupendously blown away of what can be done today since the games inception.

kbieniu7

14 years! How the time flies!

In contrary to dyoungyn, I don't remember (except of that I was 11 then) what I was doing this time, but I do remember a magazine about computer games. One edition had a review about SimCity. I dreamed about having this game, I read it a dozen of times back and forth. I didn't know that I'll finally get it... And spend years in front of it ;D

And now? Still alive! We shall thank every person involved in modding, batting and doing other stuff to give that game a dozen of new possibilities   :thumbsup:
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

Vizoria

14 years? I was 11 then and it was still the golden age of video games (1990s to 2005). Boy have things changed, so has SC4 thanks to the efforts of the Simtropolis and SC4D community.

Ernestmaxis

It is remarkable this is still keeps going. Classic games are the best! To another great year with great uploads ;D

dyoungyn

Ditto, ditto, and gobs and gobs of ditto and heartfelt thanks to all the NAM Team members,  imaginative creators, and sincere and honest die hard game fans that keep this game going on and on like the "Energizer Bunny" :bnn: :bnn: :bnn: :bnn: :bnn: :bnn: :bnn: :bnn: :bnn: :bnn: :bnn: :bnn: :bnn: :bnn: :bnn: :bnn: :bnn: :bnn: :bnn: :bnn: :bnn: :bnn: :bnn:; still going... and "to infinity..... and beyond"!

Seaman

2003? I guess I was playing SimCity 2000 back then... My favourite activity in that game was fighting the flood by building dams. As I think of it now, I should more emphasize that in my current SC4 projects... too sad SC4 doesn't include floodings as disasters.

anyhow: cheers, and happy birthday, SC4! To the next 14 years!  :)

metarvo

Happy birthday, SC4!  :clap:  The Nintendo GameCube, PS2, and the original Xbox were still active when this game came out.  I remember getting this game at a local store as soon as I had the extra money, and firing up on a laptop before I even left the store's parking lot since I was in a hurry to try it out!  I remember playing the game just to listen to the music sometimes, since IMHO the SC4 music still rivals anything we can get in games today.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.