• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SAM - Street Addon Mod

Started by jplumbley, June 25, 2007, 11:05:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andreas

Quote from: Diggis on September 20, 2007, 11:53:11 PM
If you show me what the Euro ones looks like I can do them up easy enough.  Although we should also finish up those we have.  &mmm

Well, the best suggestion would be to install the Euro Road Textures Mod and have a look yourself. Basically, you'd only need to copy & paste the dashed white lines into your textures, replacing the US double yellow lines. For the majority of textures, it's not very hard to do once you have a template, but it's just very time-consuming...
Andreas

Crissa

I've offered to do the time-consuming part of blending textures:  PM me and be ready to send me sample textures and I can mix them up and output proper PNGs.

Someone else will have to compile dats of them.

I haven't been able to compile the reader on my mac, but I don't know if it's because I don't know what I'm doing or if it's not possible.  It looks possible, but I'm not versed on xcode.

-Crissa

Heblem

i have tested this mod and let me tell you.... very well done!!! amazing this is soo useful, i ploped the streets and found an error when i bullzone it, a piece of rail appears, but doesn't matter  ;)

Tarkus

Quote from: Heblem on September 22, 2007, 01:48:22 AM
i ploped the streets and found an error when i bullzone it, a piece of rail appears, but doesn't matter  ;)

Actually, that's not an error. ;)  That's the "false intersection", which is enabled through RUL 0x10000001 to initiate the puzzle drag override--in other words, it's what makes the SAM work.  It pops up when you bulldoze the starter piece, but if you drag a street over it, it'll convert to the SAM texture.

-Alex (Tarkus)

Diggis

Quote from: Andreas on September 21, 2007, 02:23:50 PM
Well, the best suggestion would be to install the Euro Road Textures Mod and have a look yourself. Basically, you'd only need to copy & paste the dashed white lines into your textures, replacing the US double yellow lines. For the majority of textures, it's not very hard to do once you have a template, but it's just very time-consuming...

Ahh you are talking about the intersections.  I think I can do that easy enough.  I thought you meant a Euro Street texture.  :P  Would it not be best as part of the Euro Mod?  I can do the textures easy enough and send them to who ever for packaging.

Andreas

Since I'm in the process of updating the Euro Road Textures Mod right now, it would be awesome to have a SAM plugin as well. :) And yes, I mean the intersections that have the yellow US road textures. After a quick browse through one of the texture DATs, I think there's about a dozen intersection textures that need to be edited (for all wealth levels, of course) in one set. Once you have a template, it should be a rather easy process, though - it's "just" the manual work of compiling all the different textures. If you could send me the texture templates for one texture set, I could change them to Euro textures, so you can use those for compiling the other textures.
Andreas

nerdly_dood

Almost perfect.  There are a few bugs, but I don't think they will be hard to fix.
Good work... &apls  I like it... :thumbsup:  Amazing... :o   Wow... :shocked2:
Lots of people orking on and talking about this... ()meeting()

And just cause i like these emoticons...

%bur2$  ()testing()
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

ssc4k

its amazing !!!!

one problem for me though i cant make roundabouts with most the textures.... darn
oh and one texture doesnt even have an end piece but i dont use tha one anyway

GOOD JOB!!!!
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature and help him gain world domination.

Diggis

SSc4k, how about you read the readme.  :angrymore:

if you had, you would know that this is a beta (heck, it's even called Beta V1) and that we still have a lot of work to do on it.

Filasimo

I will have to agree with diggis here. I did not make the read me just for eyecandy. It even has the word beta on the download.
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

jplumbley

Quote from: ssc4k on September 25, 2007, 03:56:13 PM
its amazing !!!!

one problem for me though i cant make roundabouts with most the textures.... darn
oh and one texture doesnt even have an end piece but i dont use tha one anyway

GOOD JOB!!!!

Thanks for the support.

Please, take the time to read the readme, both at the top of every page in this thread and the one that comes with the file.  There are ALOT of textures to edit, replace, create and RUL.  Not everything was done for the first release, hence the fact it is BETA v1.  The SAM is a work in progress, in fact the 6 texture sets you have is just the begining, there are 4 more for streets to come, 2 for Rails, 2 for Roads, then the entire NWM and RHW, which I am also a consultant on.

For the existing SAM networks already there is a pile of work to be done.  Roundabouts, more AVE Intersections, OWR Intersections, HSR, EL Rail Monorail overpasses, etc.  All of these things will be added before the "full release" along with NAM added Street intersections.  Please everyone dont ask about diagonals, I still dont even know if they are going to be feasible, I guess we will find out eventually.
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

nerdly_dood

I have noticed that with the black asphalt and the gray cobblestone textures that do have avenue intersection textures completed the avenue cannot be used by any traffic at all except UDI that is not "snapped to roads."  I don't know if texture sets that do not have avenue intersection textures completed have this problem.  The avenue intersection tiles show up like they usually do if the Traffic data view is active, instead of being the color indicating the amount of traffic.

There is a simple, easy solution for the black streets that doesn't look strange:  just make it a road intersection, that changes back to streets shortly before and after the avenue.  For other textures, it doesn't look perfect, but it works.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.

jplumbley

Quote from: nerdly_dood on September 26, 2007, 12:10:44 PM
I have noticed that with the black asphalt and the gray cobblestone textures that do have avenue intersection textures completed the avenue cannot be used by any traffic at all except UDI that is not "snapped to roads."  I don't know if texture sets that do not have avenue intersection textures completed have this problem.  The avenue intersection tiles show up like they usually do if the Traffic data view is active, instead of being the color indicating the amount of traffic.

There is a simple, easy solution for the black streets that doesn't look strange:  just make it a road intersection, that changes back to streets shortly before and after the avenue.  For other textures, it doesn't look perfect, but it works.

Thank you Nerdly_dood.

I have also been made aware of this recently.  It turns out after some investigation I forgot to add the Avenue Intersection Path files... oops.  This will be fixed along with the missing End Piece for the Gravel Textures and another one I have forgotten off the top of my head.

This is a good solution to this issue Nerdly.  In due time you will be able to make all the base intersections.
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

Starmanw402007

Diggis, that's a cool logo you have on SAM network.

Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)
Your Friend;

JoeST

yeah Diggis your sig is just hilariously funny... and its looking good

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

ssc4k

i thought that i made it clear i liked this project and was just saying a few thigns to make sure  you new that the problems existed. i know that its beta because these problem exist,and there are only 6 of hte amazing pices of work you amazingly did.

you guys do a wonderfull job and im sorry if i made it seem like i was complaining i never ment anything that way, and again, NICE WORK!!!!
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature and help him gain world domination.

Gaston

quote from jplumbley :
QuoteThis will be fixed along with the missing End Piece for the Gravel Textures and another one I have forgotten off the top of my head.
Hmmm, I didn't even think about this till you mentioned it.    LOL   I've just been plopping gravel parking lots, (PEG's I think.) Or even street end parking (can't remember who made um) at the end of my streets.     They look pretty good and finish the SAM streets off very nicely.  I never even missed um.   Now I guess I will notice it.   LOL

---Gaston   
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

Diggis

OK SSC4K, but most of that stuff, especially the roundabouts, was covered in the Readme.  Sorry to snap, but the way you worded it it sounded like a TM complaint, not a Beta tester Note. 

Starmanw402007

I already Love the SAM, I have some areas of my city's Street updated with them. Will show you some photos over at MD soon ok.

Your Friend;
(Pround to be cities of Sim Nation!)
Your Friend;

nerdly_dood

Apart from the problem I mentioned, the SAM is really good.  It has a few bugs, and if only diagonal streets could be done (i have been instructed not to pester anyone about it so this is the first and last time I will mention it) I would love it even more...  I think i have used all the texture sets except the parking lots...and i haven't used the herringbone either.