• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SAM - Street Addon Mod

Started by jplumbley, June 25, 2007, 11:05:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dioangel

Quote from: Diggis on September 16, 2007, 10:55:01 PM
Bakerton, dioangle, could you please post some pics to show us what you mean?  Also, could you try it with an empty plugins folder so we know it's not a clash with another plugin.

tried taking a picture of the red arrow like bakerton and I descrided. It won't show on the pictures.. ()sad()

"Beethoven is known for writting the most daring music has ever known to man...DioAngel is known for writting outragous stories has ever known to a lady."
My new MD: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=6796.0

Diggis

can you do a screen capture rather than a photo in SC4?

or maybe some more information like when it appears?  Are you able to tab through the different textures?  do any of them work?

dioangel

all I know is...

1. I don't know how to screen cap the sc4 game.. even when I press control + shift + S.

2. I tried tab through the textures but nothing appears in the game.

"Beethoven is known for writting the most daring music has ever known to man...DioAngel is known for writting outragous stories has ever known to a lady."

M4346

About the screen capture...

Press the Print Screen button (usually, or at least on mine, the PrtSc or PrntScrn button), and paste the result in your image editing / imaging application.  :)
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Diggis

if you have image editing software (photoshop etc) press print screen on the keyboard then open photoshop and create a new drawing and use paste to put the screen capture in.

M4346

Yes, I'm sorry if I didn't get that quite right... :P
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Diggis

hehe, yup didn't see that.   :thumbsup: looks about right

Tarkus

dioangel and bakerton:  It sounds to me like there may be some sort of conflicting high-level transit mod in your Plugins (containing a RUL file).  If the SAM button is showing up and you're just getting red, I'd give it about a 99% chance that's what the issue is.  Do any of the new NAM components (draggable GLR, etc.) work for you?

Hope that helps some.

-Alex (Tarkus)

jplumbley

Quote from: Tarkus on September 17, 2007, 09:22:22 AM
dioangel and bakerton:  It sounds to me like there may be some sort of conflicting high-level transit mod in your Plugins (containing a RUL file).  If the SAM button is showing up and you're just getting red, I'd give it about a 99% chance that's what the issue is.  Do any of the new NAM components (draggable GLR, etc.) work for you?

Hope that helps some.

-Alex (Tarkus)

Ha.. I was getting there Alex.  You just beat me to the punch.

I think you guys should either re-install the NAM and then all the NAM plugins (RHW, GLR, bridges) you are adding and then finally the SAM last.  The issue which Alex has pointed out, probably is that you have an overriding NAM Controller file.  The SAM updates the NAM Controller file so if you have it installed anywhere in your plugins folder where the SAM loads before the NAM you may be overriding the new Controller with an old one.  Please make sure that the SAM is installed properly into the:

:My Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins\NAM\SAM

Then make sure your NAM_Controller.dat has been updated.  If you have used the PC Installer it will do it for you and there will be a second NAM_Controller.bak as a backup from the old one, just in case.  If you have the MAC zip folder you will have to do this Manually.

"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

jeronij

Before I release anything, I used the following ID for the T21 exemplars in the new SSM versions:

5E540NNN
5E541NNN
5E542NNN
5E543NNN
5E544NNN
5E545NNN

and I keep

5E546NNN
5E547NNN
5E548NNN
5E549NNN
5E54ANNN
5E54BNNN
5E54CNNN
5E54DNNN
5E54ENNN
5E54FNNN

I hope this is ok. If not, please let me know asap  ;)

Thanks in advance  :thumbsup:
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

jplumbley

@Jeronij   I have been talking with Swamper77 about how to organize the T21 IID structure.  The best solution we have come up with has been using the first 6 digits of the Texture IID the T21 is referencing.  This allows for upto 256 different variations of all the T21s for a network texture.  This is also good for future modders when they want to edit, add or replace T21s and textures.  If everything has the same IID you know which texture it belongs to.

I have a Word Document that outlines all the IIDs I have used for the SAM Project.  But I am at work right now and do not have it handy to post for you.

But for example, the straight piece is IID = 0x5e54bVWZ
Where:
V = Texture Variation
W = Wealth
Z = Zoom

My suggestion for this T21 would be to make it 0x5e54bVNN.  This will give us full potential to keep everything together and know where to find everything when we look back on it in the future, or when someone new comes along and is trying to learn from what we have done.

I know for us now to go back and look at the earlier NAM additions we definately would have a hard time figuring where everything is for a certain group of things and learn from them.

Thanks Jeronij... I hope I didnt cause you too much trouble.   $%Grinno$%

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

jeronij

Well, this means that all the work done is lost, and the work to do is even longer, because this way I have to change completely lots of exemplars ID.
The way I decided to go allowed me to change only the exemplars ID's roots, and not rename them.... doing it the way you mention means that I will have several exemplars duplicated, and  instead 45 minutes per set, I'll new double time or more.

So I dont know when I will be able to do this...   &mmm in the meantime I will use the ones that I made for my personal use  ;)

I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

dioangel

diggis - I don't have photoshop... where can I find it?

Tarkus and jplumbley - I thinking it could the problem, but I'll try it out when I get home.. for now I'll re download the the nam stuff.  :thumbsup:

jplumbley

Quote from: dioangel on September 17, 2007, 11:17:40 AM
diggis - I don't have photoshop... where can I find it?

Tarkus and jplumbley - I thinking it could the problem, but I'll try it out when I get home.. for now I'll re download the the nam stuff.  :thumbsup:

Dioangel... Photoshop is an expensive program in the range of $500 to $1000 depending on verison.  But you can take screen shot all the time by pushing "Print Screen"... then TAB to the desktop and open MS Paint (the standard image editor for Windows) then push CTLR+V (to paste) then save the image.

@Jeronij  Im sorry, if you want to send me what you have, it probably wont be too much trouble for me.  I have gotten quick with the TGI Editor in iLive Reader.  Send me a PM and I will send you my email address.  Thanks again for this!!

Street Addon Mod - SAM

dioangel

Yikes... that expensive?? Oh god that's crazy.. I'll try to use the print screen. thanks  :thumbsup: I'll keep you posted..  :thumbsup:

jeronij

Quote from: jplumbley on September 17, 2007, 11:26:46 AM
@Jeronij  Im sorry, if you want to send me what you have, it probably wont be too much trouble for me.  I have gotten quick with the TGI Editor in iLive Reader.  Send me a PM and I will send you my email address.  Thanks again for this!!

The TGI editor wont help you much. The real hard work is to change the exemplar ID property, which must be done manually. Each set of the mod contains 194 lots, so, 194 time copy the exemplar ID and paste it into the property Exemplar ID ... per set ....  ::) I hope you are a patient man  :P  I will send you the actual files asap  ;)

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

jplumbley

@Jeronij This is how I made the SC4Path Files, I made one template set and edited the Exemplar IIDs each time.  When I have one set done, it will save some time on all the rest.  When I have all the SC4Paths extracted and put into one file I then copy and paste the DAT and edit each DAT separately.

I understand I have to edit a property each time but, I am good a redundant tasks, hehe.  Another Redundant task that I have been good at is editing the RUL 10000002.

Street Addon Mod - SAM

mightygoose

is it possible to use renders from 3dsmax to create the textures.... because im hopeless with photoshope but if i model the intersection then use a vertical down render appropriately sized....?? if i did that could you use them....
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

jplumbley

Quote from: mightygoose on September 17, 2007, 12:08:29 PM
is it possible to use renders from 3dsmax to create the textures.... because im hopeless with photoshope but if i model the intersection then use a vertical down render appropriately sized....?? if i did that could you use them....

Im sorry, Mightygoose, I do not have that ability.  I only take original textures and complete the sets using photoshop.  I am hopeless when it comes to creating something new, I can only copy/paste/overlay... I wish I could tell you how to do it.

What if you were to take the actual 3DS texture and open it in photoshop and create a 128x128 base of it by resizing the texture to that size.  If you were to do this you could take an existing street texture and overlay the grass and curb over top of the base street texture that you are thinking of.  This is my best solution unless someone else knows a better way to do it.

Street Addon Mod - SAM

mightygoose

i was talking about me using 3dsmax.... only trouble is i cant make alpha maps....
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....